Game-Labs Forum

BR Difference

benabbib

Question

16 answers to this question

2 hours ago, benabbib said:

Hi there,

you changed the BR Difference to attack other ships. Like i know it was 1:3 before. What is the factor now?

BenAbbib

its no longer fixed. it is dynamic depending on the amount of ships in the pull range or in the battle group and the size of the group. 

for example to attack a group of 25 ships you might need 20-25 ships. But to attack a solo victory only 1-2 light frigates are needed. 

15 minutes ago, admin said:

its no longer fixed. it is dynamic depending on the amount of ships in the pull range or in the battle group and the size of the group. 

for example to attack a group of 25 ships you might need 20-25 ships. But to attack a solo victory only 1-2 light frigates are needed. 

Would it be possible to give us the formula used to calculate whether the difference is too high or not? 

3 hours ago, benabbib said:

Hi there,

you changed the BR Difference to attack other ships. Like i know it was 1:3 before. What is the factor now?

BenAbbib

If you find a link to the change in the patch notes , let me know please, the last I heard was the formula you mentioned as a player ( pirate ) had asked and been told 1-3 or 1-4 , can't find the thread

19 minutes ago, Ink said:

Examples:

To attack 1 Victory -> 5 cutters / 2 cerberuses

1 frigate -> 2 cutters

1 cerberus -> 1 cutter

25 first rates -> 20 first rates

Is there a mathematical formula being used? I think many of us would find it very useful to have something exact to work with.

The basic idea was: how to prevent an attack of a single Renomee or Surprise on OW while i am on my way with full loaded slow indiamans with 2 others in fleet. After implementation of cargo weight has impact of slowing down the traders on OW the risk of beeing ganked on OW has rised extremly. With a fixed factor it was possible to prevent those attacks. In Combination with the 3 minutes battle join timer it is almost impossible for a well working "coastguard" to help their mate traders to survive the battle and not loosing their ships to a boarding equipped single surprise enemy with less BR difference than 1:3,7. I think it´s not well balanced whenever a fleet mission with double BR is a serious challenge. i Would suugest to think about it again to may be change something to destress our traders and motivate them to keep going their gameplay.- At the moment it´s too easy to gank traders. Just look at the combat news and you will see what i mean. 

Kind Regards

BenAbbib

On 18.8.2017 at 10:27 PM, DeRuyter said:

Better to have some fog of war than people calculating on a spreadsheet how many cutters they need to tag a 4th rate, etc. :)

a rather clumsy definition of security by obscurity

Edited by Allons!

On 20.8.2017 at 5:24 PM, DeRuyter said:

I beg to differ. Fog of war is a common principle in military science and used in many wargames whether you are playing against the CPU or PVP. 

As a formal tester u have better insights. As far as i understand you, we players are at war with the devs? Just to be sure on this side..

I'd quite like to know what to expect.  One of the worst aspects of this game is lack of clear documentation of even simple things like this.  One day my Lynx can't get pulled by a single Endymion, and the next day it can be pulled by a pair of Surprises.  Makes no sense. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Allons! said:

As a formal tester u have better insights. As far as i understand you, we players are at war with the devs? Just to be sure on this side..

No I meant single player game (Einzelspieler Kreigspiel) ie; "Ultimate General Civil War". You need xp in reconnaissance to gain knowledge of the enemy's strength. In NA some suggestion has been to give only some information when you click on a ship in the distance, same thing.