Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of Independence

sounthernrebel78

9 hours ago, koltes said:

I play the game competitively to win.

How are you defining a "win" in a game with no win condition?

The closest thing to winning an OW PvP game that I can think of would be to go to where everyone can easily reach you and slay all comers and keep going back until they admit they can't take you anymore.

Surely it was WO who won and BLACK who lost.

Defining "win" by taking empty ports and camping the least organized team on the server is pretty funny.

11 minutes ago, Slamz said:

The closest thing to winning an OW PvP game that I can think of would be to go to where everyone can easily reach you and slay all comers and keep going back until they admit they can't take you anymore.

Defining "win" by taking empty ports and camping the least organized team on the server is pretty funny.

CUDPbduUAAQI7wk.png:large

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Slamz said:

I did not define anything. Someone else did and I just replied ↓
nMYhl7H.jpg

According to your logic I could solely claim utterly defeat of the entire GB when I hunted solo outside KPR. Between July 2016 and March 2017 I have sunk around 800+ ships loosing 6 ships in total. Not a bad ratio. At some point it became so bad players at KPR started planning their game time around my playing times so they could do shit while I'm not online. If you take into account that I did that solo and on the server which seriously lacks players... hmm yeah I could claim the victory, but didnt. We also don't make such claims when our guys hunting everyday around Savanna and doing same things you did at Mort.

Why you can't claim a victory over this? Because its a hit and run tactic. Skirmishes. Small fights. it doesn't really test nation's power vs other nation's power. Until kingdoms were clashed in proper grand battles those fights could continue for a long time building up the conflict. That is all.
Iit was the grand battle that settled the winner and the looser. If one side can't face another in a grand battle then its only choice is skirmishes and guerrilla warfare. Its a valuable tactic, but does not define you as victorious.
Especially in NA case.

Its a bad mechanic that favors the attacker allowing for ganks and easy escapes. Think about it. What would your nation do if the battles were open for infinity and there would be no invisibility and speed buffs and you could not hide in battles because exit would have no join no attack timer. All your achievements are based on ganking gameplay. Hit and run and then yap back at us if we dont fall for your traps. Its fine. Keep yapping. When BLACK dog barks you all clamping your tails and disappear.

Today most of the server stopped playing. I don't think anyone gives a rats ass for whatever happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koltes said:

Its a bad mechanic that favors the attacker allowing for ganks and easy escapes. Think about it. What would your nation do if the battles were open for infinity and there would be no invisibility and speed buffs and you could not hide in battles because exit would have no join no attack timer. All your achievements are based on ganking gameplay. Hit and run and then yap back at us if we dont fall for your traps. Its fine. Keep yapping. When BLACK dog barks you all clamping your tails and disappear.

I don't know if you noticed Koltes, but Slamz is for open timers.  

Personally I like wysiwyg but I also would love to get into fair fights, brawls not boring a** linefights, as my in game goal is to get good at PVP, outside ganks, and live off captured ships. With limited time, I prefer to hunt for PVP.  The only PVE I do is some trading when funds get low.

Oh, and don't  bark about your big bad BLACK dog, they seem to only want to fight when they have the enemy heavily outnumbered, like 6v1, I'd love to see Purge vs Black but as we all have lives outside the game we are hard to get numbers together and when together, look for PVP, not hide out grinding slots on a ship.

The Black clan I have total respect for is Pagan Pete's, the true pyrates. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I said 'seem' as from what I've seen.  Not saying it is the case. 

Then it makes even lesser sense as an expression of your opinion in which you subjectively expressed disrespect to BLACK on Global due to inability to fight fair or outnumbered fights which is in your own words not the case. :blink:

Edited by koltes

5 hours ago, koltes said:

when I hunted solo outside KPR.

Ignoring the fact that most of the British power players were working out of Belize while KPR was more the newbie area, doing "solo hunting" is hardly a measure of victory no matter how you look at it, unless the server pop is something like "3".

Anyone can go solo hunting anywhere. The question is if a clan can go somewhere and take all comers until the enemy stops trying to counter them, which WO did right outside MT.

To this day I cannot fathom why BLACK ran from that area. You had to have lost quite a lot of rep with the other pirate clans for refusing to fight.

We were nervous every day about what kind of 1st rate fleet BLACK was going to drop on us today and it never happened.

3 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I don't know if you noticed Koltes, but Slamz is for open timers.  

Yeah I've always liked the idea of open battles, if only we can create some better rules for how joiners spawn in. We can't just have them go "poof" in front of us 20 minutes into a fight but it would be interesting if there was some way to allow it that somehow gave the people in the battle plenty of room to maneuver and time to take the new arrivals into account.

11 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Ignoring the fact that most of the British power players were working out of Belize while KPR was more the newbie area, doing "solo hunting" is hardly a measure of victory no matter how you look at it, unless the server pop is something like "3".

Anyone can go solo hunting anywhere. The question is if a clan can go somewhere and take all comers until the enemy stops trying to counter them, which WO did right outside MT.

To this day I cannot fathom why BLACK ran from that area. You had to have lost quite a lot of rep with the other pirate clans for refusing to fight.

We were nervous every day about what kind of 1st rate fleet BLACK was going to drop on us today and it never happened.

Yeah I've always liked the idea of open battles, if only we can create some better rules for how joiners spawn in. We can't just have them go "poof" in front of us 20 minutes into a fight but it would be interesting if there was some way to allow it that somehow gave the people in the battle plenty of room to maneuver and time to take the new arrivals into account.

You are dreaming and making shit up. Delusional as usual.

The time period I gave you Brits were operating mostly from KPR hence why I got so many kills. But you choose to ignore this inconvenient fact and went straight into assumptions of what would have, could have, didnt happen.

Black have not run from anything. People got fed up playing with whiners and moved on.

French ran from us just as many times when numbers didnt suit them. They ran for good or towards Free port where they would change to bigger ships and fight on their terms. This running back and forth is what you call PVP whoever can catch whoever. After chasing you for hours, we decided that there is little excitement in that and simply took it to your door step. French left pirate's capital pretty much right away.

You can claim whatever you like and think whatever you want. The current game mechanic is what killing the game. Instead of sorting revenge fleet devs removed any possibility to defend home waters. Gankers can show up and escape with immunity. I told you that should the invisibility and the speed buff be removed you would have seen us taking different approach. At this stage when you can hunt but cant defend this is exactly what we are doing. We just hunt.

What does define your skill? Ganking? lol ok
Are you participating in the tournament? If you are wanna duel me 1v1?

• Like 1