Game-Labs Forum

Testbed - Unity 5 testing next week (15-21 Aug)

15 minutes ago, oleander said:

The Vasa should be an interesting ship to sail...considering it only sailed for a few minutes before it sank.

Yup, wrong (Vasa) Wasa...  The one we're getting is a 60 gunner from 1778...  I think she'll be like the "Bellona-Lite".

16 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Yup, wrong (Vasa) Wasa...  The one we're getting is a 60 gunner from 1778...  I think she'll be like the "Bellona-Lite".

I thought it was going to be a 2nd rate, or was that another ship they have in the works?  I think maybe a Danish Ship?

14 hours ago, MaxBlackHawk said:

So would it be like the Aggy and a 3rd that is treated as 4th in game?   The other thing is is the 36 pnds Kanoners 32's or 36 in game?  Would be interesting if it was the l'Oceans 36's with the 24 lbs on second deck.  Would make it more like a mix hybrid ship with strong broad side but not a lot of guns total like the 2nd's.  I would wish they fix the proper 42 and 36  lbs guns for ships that actually carried those guns as it wasn't only the L'Ocean.  Putting the 36's on the other 1st rates and keeping the 42's on the Victory would be interesting.  They still have more guns, but the Vict would have the heavy lower deck.  

For the other two ships here is the info I found on them.

Prince de Neufchatel - A 18 gun Privateer like ship with bow chasers. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_de_Neufchatel

l'Hermione (not the SC Hermione) is the one I assume they mean.  A 32 gun 12 ponder Frigate.  I'm thinking something around the Surprise/Renommee size but with 12 lbrs instead of 9's? 
blog-0365044001472381409.thumb.jpg.0bd27

Some one just found this....if that is the load out and that is 12 lbrs than I think I might like this ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_frigate_Hermione_(1779)

Kinda wish we got the Pandora early....oh and talking about gift ships for the Naval Action: Legions.  That should be the Premium ship that only backers from the original game get as a nice little thank you ship from the devs or something like that. It's still low tier but not a yacht.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Nothing says Founder more than sight seeing cruises in a beautifully modeled and textured Yacht !

Hah, I always felt slightly gay in my Yacht ;) My modern sense of masculinity crashes with the fabulous rococo.

• Like 1

Testbed server will be live today a bit later.

Captains who already played on the server keep their access. 

Captains who did not participate in testing, please follow this instruction:

How to get access to the testbed 

• Find the game in your steam library
  • Right click and go to properties
  • Go to Beta tab
  • Enter the key    - key  FcaH2KzZXutz
  • Select the beta called: Testbed

Vkv9SPP.png

• And click close
  • It will download automatically. 
  • To return to the main game select none instead of testbed in the beta tab.
  • Like 1

Will defo give this a go...but it would be really helpful in the future (of this or legends or whatever) to allow us to create the 'testbed' as a separate entry in steam (like lots of my other games do) so that I don't need to download a gigabob each time I want to go from one to the t'other. And yes I know I can do backups and manual overwrites...but ya know....

Some of us in 3rd world countries where our internet is made of wombat entrails and koala spit aren't big fans of downloading a gigabooble each time we invoke one game or the other.

Much Thanks Jeheil

• Like 6