Game-Labs Forum

Testbed - Unity 5 testing next week (15-21 Aug)

This is great news, indeed. I look forward to trying the new engine on the testbed.

According to previous Admin posts, Unity 5 will bring about a lot of opportunities and get rid of some of the current limitations. Therefore hoping for more content.

I am giving credit where credit is due, you have surpassed my expectation as I thought the new engine would take several more months before it's testing/introduction.

12 hours ago, admin said:

Ships, rank and money will be provided in sufficient quantities.
Captains will be requested to start as pirates and win or lose as many engagements as possible against each other in the outlaw battles.

Access key to testbed will be provided before the test

May I add to this?  Maybe seed the shops with some other cannons than Mediums and maybe a mix of mods and such so we can test them more mixed like.  One of the biggest issues I had with test before we where spending our starting resources to try to get cannons and such for the ships and not being able to out fit them all the test them.  I know mediums are the normal for a base line, but shouldn't we be able to test things out with multi style builds.  One guy might love his Carros while another his longs or I tend to mix them up on some ships.  Since this is testbed and it's more about testing the engine and new ships and a some bug fixes we should maybe be able to test it real good. I tend to always break something on testbed so I'll be happy to find some issues when it drops.  

Gives me something to do while I"m kinda taking a break from game this week.  Maybe I'll actually get some packing in time for moving at the end of month lol

If you want to protect certain waters, don't do it with magic reinforcements but by improving the forts. Most importantly: Make them stop shooting their own side. Put them closely together so they cover each others dead zones  and place mission spawn points in that areas so close to the fort that they're not a 30 minute sail away.

That way attackers always know what they're up against when considering the attack and defenders know what they can rely on.

48 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

If you want to protect certain waters, don't do it with magic reinforcements but by improving the forts. Most importantly: Make them stop shooting their own side. Put them closely together so they cover each others dead zones  and place mission spawn points in that areas so close to the fort that they're not a 30 minute sail away.

That way attackers always know what they're up against when considering the attack and defenders know what they can rely on.

Good idea and at the same time remove forts from all but the major ports. No need to have them everywhere on the map hindering pvp - they should be only for protecting new players at the capital.

safe zone for newbs What a joke this will be.....HAHA every 1st rate ship in game will make their to it so they can lvl up safely and then they still wont take them out after. Bet you guys didn't think about that.  Just call it high sec Space that capital ships can fly in.  They can Do that right lol

What they need to do is make every battle the same, You are red to everyone(PC) and everything (npc) in battle already. At start or if you join later.

Edited by JobaSet

1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

safe zone for newbs What a joke this will be.....HAHA every 1st rate ship in game will make their to it so they can lvl up safely and then they still wont take them out after. Bet you guys didn't think about that.  Just call it high sec Space that capital ships can fly in.  They can Do that right lol

What they need to do is make every battle the same, You are red to everyone(PC) and everything (npc) in battle already. At start or if you join later.

That is so easily solved, make missions in the safe zone only give XP and gold for the first 2 or 3 ranks after that you can do missions to any level but you do not get XP or gold. That way people can train using bigger ships but not farm XP and gold. The same can apply to AI fleets passing through the area, they give no XP, gold or loot over a certain rank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

That is so easily solved, make missions in the safe zone only give XP and gold for the first 2 or 3 ranks after that you can do missions to any level but you do not get XP or gold. That way people can train using bigger ships but not farm XP and gold. The same can apply to AI fleets passing through the area, they give no XP, gold or loot over a certain rank.

sure but that was not even a thought so wont see it. I would bet a 1st rate on it

2 hours ago, JobaSet said:

safe zone for newbs What a joke this will be.....HAHA every 1st rate ship in game will make their to it so they can lvl up safely and then they still wont take them out after. Bet you guys didn't think about that

BET YOU DON'T HAVE A SINGLE REASON WHY THAT IS A BAD THING

On 8/11/2017 at 9:00 AM, Daguse said:

its hello kittying annoying

With apologies for being off-topic, would someone please rephrase this expression so that his old salt may understand?  Would it mean something like, "It's as annoying as the pervasive marketing of that Japanese cartoon?"

Thank you, carry on...

On 11/8/2017 at 2:13 PM, admin said:

Captains
Next week testbed will be opened for testing for several days (from 16th August till 21th August)

Goals

• Test stability and issues with Unity 5 build
  • Test 1 or potentially more new vessels
  • Test the potential workaround for the vertical gun sector increase upgrade bugs

Ships, rank and money will be provided in sufficient quantities.
Captains will be requested to start as pirates and win or lose as many engagements as possible against each other in the outlaw battles.

Access key to testbed will be provided before the test

I would like to acces the testbed and help you as much as possible!

3 hours ago, Atticus Crunch said:

With apologies for being off-topic, would someone please rephrase this expression so that his old salt may understand?  Would it mean something like, "It's as annoying as the pervasive marketing of that Japanese cartoon?"

Thank you, carry on...

The forums auto replace the first bomb with hello kitty. No clue why they chose that 

On 8/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, Intrepido said:

About reinforcements, maybe instead of IA you could make some kind of rule like if you are close to controlled waters the battle keeps open until the BR is equal. That would promote pvp instead of fighting npcs all the time.

About taxations, personally I dont see it will be good for the players economy and national unity. And we need both to be boosted much more.

I said in the other post they can do something instead of like signaling perk they can do something like the Rookie ROE but make it around the starting region/capital zomes.  Still have the green zone at the capital, but than put a second circle to limit the BR  once they match up.  I think the issue with the shallow ROE was it had a BR limit you can hit and than it closed for both sides.   Though if they edit it more like the signal perk to lock when BR matches up and have it in an area zone like the Rookie ROE was set up around the Bahamas, but just do each capitals regions like this it would prob help new players more to feel safe in home waters.

19 hours ago, Quineloe said:

This is awfull it's bad enough we get into fights where it's 2 Pirates vs 5 nationals and the thing the nationals do is all run to the forts even though they have us out number and out gun. They get every one to do this from the start so it's such a bad habit that once they get into a fight not in a home region they will run to the Forts and get killed.  In one of the fights out side West End port battle a few weeks ago there was a fairly new US player in a Snow.  I told him not to run towards those forts but he keep heading towards it like it was going to protect him.  It was a pirate port.  He was sunk before I could get to him after I sunk the more experienced players Mercury. He was so new I honestly was going to let him go like we did the Lt in the Privateer our battle before that.  So it's very poor habit and making more forts and towers will make it even worse.  You don't learn to fight if your always run to them and expect them to protect you.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

On 11.8.2017 at 4:26 PM, admin said:

testing will be open for all who own NA - if you already participated in testing the testbed in spring you already have the access to those servers unlocked (but they are switched off now)

Great to hear that!! I am very curious about new ships... Good job!! 

Выходит, если игра переходит на новый движок, будет еще один вайп, или ошибаюсь.

Edited by Guest