Game-Labs Forum

Testbed - Unity 5 testing next week (15-21 Aug)

Captains
Next week testbed will be opened for testing for several days (from 16th August till 21th August)

Goals

• Test stability and issues with Unity 5 build
  • Test 1 or potentially more new vessels
  • Test the potential workaround for the vertical gun sector increase upgrade bugs

Ships, rank and money will be provided in sufficient quantities.
Captains will be requested to start as pirates and win or lose as many engagements as possible against each other in the outlaw battles.

Access key to testbed will be provided before the test

Updated (08/15/2017)

Captains, we are checking infrastructure now and will open testbed as soon it is ready.
ETA 24-48 hours max.
it will definitely be open on Thursday.

Updated (08/17/2017)

Testbed server will be live today a bit later.

Captains who already played on the server keep their access. 

Captains who did not participate in testing, please follow this instruction:

How to get access to the testbed 

• Find the game in your steam library
  • Right click and go to properties
  • Go to Beta tab
  • Enter the key    - key  FcaH2KzZXutz
  • Select the beta called: Testbed

Vkv9SPP.png

• And click close
  • It will download automatically. 
  • To return to the main game select none instead of testbed in the beta tab.
  • Like 36

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Also, I have one question, are you also working on some hotfixes about the overall grinding (xp and gold) and the hostility grinding (throw missions instead of looking for fleets in the OW)?

yes 
friendly clans lists for port battle entry
hostility missions
safe zones
reinforcements
taxation (maybe)

• Like 5

Great stuff. Looking forward to testing.

1 hour ago, admin said:

yes 
hostility missions
safe zones
reinforcements
taxation (maybe)

Did you see my comment on reinforcments on the main thread?

So basically you want to reduce the silly 5v1 ganks close to a national port, which is fine with me. I dislike fights where one side has 5x the BR and is going to win most likely. So I like the idea. 

But why do we have to rely on AI? I Think we all know that AI in this game are not the smartest and very easily counterable. Also, only as much reinforcement until BR is matched doesnt seem enough. 5 surprises will still wreck a brig, even if it gets 5 npc surps backup.

Solution:

Why not let battles where the side being attacked and close to a national port in his nations waters be open to join for actual players, until the total BR reached 1.25 - 1.5 times the BR of the attackers? This should help a lot more, as you are trying to prevent those 5v1 ganks outside another nations port. I donz really like the idea of having to rely on AI to save you .

Maybe make it so you have the choice. One or two minutes time to call for AI reinforcement, and if you dont do thaf during the time, the battle will stay open for players to join your side until the BR factor (1.25 - 1.5x the BR of attackers) is reached.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

So basically you want to reduce the silly 5v1 ganks close to a national port, which is fine with me. I dislike fights where one side has 5x the BR and is going to win most likely. So I like the idea. 

But why do we have to rely on AI? I Think we all know that AI in this game are not the smartest and very easily counterable. Also, only as much reinforcement until BR is matched doesnt seem enough. 5 surprises will still wreck a brig, even if it gets 5 npc surps backup.

Solution:

Why not let battles where the side being attacked and close to a national port in his nations waters be open to join for actual players, until the total BR reached 1.25 - 1.5 times the BR of the attackers? This should help a lot more, as you are trying to prevent those 5v1 ganks outside another nations port. I donz really like the idea of having to rely on AI to save you .

Maybe make it so you have the choice. One or two minutes time to call for AI reinforcement, and if you dont do thaf during the time, the battle will stay open for players to join your side until the BR factor (1.25 - 1.5x the BR of attackers) is reached.

Personally, I think it's all valid, however, I don't believe execution will be as easy.

If players are not aware that a noob is being attacked, they won't reinforce the battle, the noob dies. 

If players are aware and rush to the noobs aid, it can take them a good 5-10 minutes to the battle and if they are running, another 5-10 for them to get shots on the enemy. In that 10-20 minutes, the noob will be dead. 

"Reinforcement Missions" IE noob got tagged inside the reinforcement zones, need to have a way for players to know where they are, sailing around for 10 minutes trying to find a white X against a blueish white sky, its hello kittying annoying and means the noob dies.

However, I believe there are a few options. 

1. AI reinforcements primarily focus on de-masting/de-sailing enemy ships. Most AI does not follow the game meta and is then easy to deal with. If they are constantly picking away at your sails, you'll have a hard time dealing with that player trying to make a run for it. 
  2. AI supports the defending fleet at a higher BR, as you said 1.25-1.5, till players are able to join and support the noob.
  3.  Reinforcement Missions could have a big red X for them. Players would know it's a player in need of help. 

23 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

It will be free entry for unlimited slots or only by invitation to few captains? I want partake in this but I don't know if that days I could play enough time.

testing will be open for all who own NA - if you already participated in testing the testbed in spring you already have the access to those servers unlocked (but they are switched off now)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Daguse said:

I have to say I'm impressed with the turn around time on this... I expected it to be a few months before we got to this point. GJ guys! 

I am not... The servers population is plummeting, players are getting outed for using exploit programs and bitching on the forums to no avail.   This is basically akin to throwing a scrap off the table to shut the dog up.  

But I am being a bit to much of a pessimist.  

15 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I am not... The servers population is plummeting, players are getting outed for using exploit programs and bitching on the forums to no avail.   This is basically akin to throwing a scrap off the table to shut the dog up.  

But I am being a bit to much of a pessimist.  

You are. Patience please. For those who forgot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_testing

Edited by Bart Smith

1 hour ago, admin said:

yes 
hostility missions
safe zones
reinforcements
taxation (maybe)

Why are serious issues not addressed that take away all fun, especially from PvP?

Increase upgrade droprates. Go back to 1 repair per battle for now. Remove speedcap. Tweak obviously imbalanced stuff. Etc. Just simple fixes, that already should have happened weeks ago. 

Instead youre thinking about safezones now?! Another example how youre trying to fix something, avoiding to deal with the real causes of the problem. Safezones wont make NA more fun again, and wont stop new players leaving the game. How do you explain that new players in the past didnt quit, without safezones?! Your only "argument" is "we think it will be good"?! You should rethink your way of decisionmaking, and focus on improving the actual causes of several problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

Captains
Next week testbed will be opened for testing for several days (from 16th August till 21th August)

Goals

• Test stability and issues with Unity 5 build
  • Test 1 or potentially more new vessels
  • Test the potential workaround for the vertical gun sector increase upgrade bugs

Ships, rank and money will be provided in sufficient quantities.
Captains will be requested to start as pirates and win or lose as many engagements as possible against each other in the outlaw battles.

Access key to testbed will be provided before the test

good job guys! keep up the great work!

will we have an increase in game performance (fps) with new engine? and maybe a real fullscreen mode? AA fix? fps drops in huge battles?

• Like 1