Game-Labs Forum

[Serious] Server Health

Teutonic

6 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Way to crash the party :) Enough chest pounding sir, you might get out of breath.

Interesting that without a "win the map" wipe/restart rule such a objective was set, but kudos for it happening.

In truth it changes nothing to what is being discussed, a quagmire of mud of what is or what isn't important. We all get whatever we need by different means and no one can claim victory.

There's no end unless players shuffle, clans shuffle and we start it all over again :) Hence, unless we want, it is... dormant. Almost looks dead wouldn't be fore a couple hundred faithful captains and their obedient alt slaves.

This, sir, you cannot deny even if you put the spyglass to your pirate blind eyepatch.

If you cannot see it, sorry. You are very very into your own "world" that you lost contact with the game as a whole.

I would love to see a Map reset my self. And nothing else change.  It wont hurt anyone just do it Friday.

10 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Obvious 4 seem to be Pirate, US, Brits, French. 5th be Danes and the rest we write off as "dead nations." although they still have players and those players enjoy what they do, so be it.

Enough chitchat lets work out the agreement.

2017-08-10-ConquestCompetition.PNG.2ac7bf14277942cb774972d9d5d4dff8.PNG

I think we can all agree which Nation has lost the Conquest Competition and should be removed from play.

Since Pirates are at the top I think it would be best to merge France with Pirates.

That should give enough peace to the French players to rebuild. If they are worried about being attacked by BLACK, I'm open to the suggestion of merger with Britain or Denmark.

I actually think Britain would make @Jeheil very happy, because then he doesn't have to join France to get to a fight.

Anybody see any problems with this arrangement? ^_^

5 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I would love to see a Map reset my self. And nothing else change.  It wont hurt anyone just do it Friday.

Why ? To hit the wall again and see it crumble into muddy fields once more while we fly different flags ?

That's a good proposition, a very good one if I would share the same love for grinding, which I truly abhor. I don't even care about equipment enough to force myself to get it, to feed whatever PvP. Hence it becomes all void. The only aim is either more Trafalgars or OW PvP.

It is okay I guess... if all players would share the same passion which apparently, for whatever reasons you convinced yourself against the real ones, they do not.

Hence a stale map. With tower defence mini games and roaming hordes of killers canibalizing navy cadets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skully said:

I think we can all agree which Nation has lost the Conquest Competition and should be removed from play.

Since Pirates are at the top I think it would be best to merge France with Pirates.

That should give enough peace to the French players to rebuild. If they are worried about being attacked by BLACK, I'm open to the suggestion of merger with Britain or Denmark.

I actually think Britain would make @Jeheil very happy, because then he doesn't have to join France to get to a fight.

Just reset map, it would take weeks before pirates could mount another French attack

2 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Why ? To hit the wall again and see it crumble into muddy fields once more while we fly different flags ?

That's a good proposition, a very good one if I would share the same love for grinding, which I truly abhor. I don't even care about equipment enough to force myself to get it, to feed whatever PvP. Hence it becomes all void. The only aim is either more Trafalgars or OW PvP.

It is okay I guess...

Keep blowing that horn some may hear you, most that care will turn up the radio.  Get organized one other nation had done that it be a different. story

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Just reset map, it would take weeks before pirates could mount another French attack

Unless BLACK changes it M.O. or the rules are changed I fear a map reset will bring the same result.

For now let the Season continue, but lets do a proper competition and go full Battle Royale.

• Like 1

Just now, JobaSet said:

Keep blowing that horn some may hear you, most that care will turn up the radio.  Get organized one other nation had done that it be a different. story

Let's get something really really clear Captain. I don't care about "your" server or "my" nation. :) Once we get over that "language" barrier then we can communicate. It seems to be getting in the way. 

Just now, Skully said:

Unless BLACK changes it M.O. or the rules are changed I fear a map reset will bring the same result.

For now let the Season continue, but lets do a proper competition and go full Battle Royale.

once we get our rookie fleet up to par.  You find something else to complain about.

8 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

Challenge accepted.

The problem is not that you are a metagamer.

The problem is you assume everyone else is.

We tell you ports don't matter and you assume we are trying to be sneaky and meta-game the situation so you won't attack us. Clearly, you think, we are deeply fearful of losing ports because the only reason we would claim they don't matter is if they really matter a lot and we are trying to trick you. Thanks, Vizzini.

But no. I want a better game. Saying ports don't matter is less about trying to trick wily old Duncan McFail, and more about informing everyone of a deep flaw in the system: they really do not matter. Alts. Smuggler flag. You know this.

The fact that we were killing everyone around MT with no French ports anywhere near there should have been evidence enough that we were just telling you the truth. What we really wanted was for you to come out and fight. Why didn't you?

Camping Savannah knowing that the USA had no elite team of PvPers to come out and fight you was one thing. Camping MT knowing the Pirates have several elite teams of alleged PvPers was another thing. We thought we were taking a big risk and were going to get jumped by an elite force at any moment.

We brought the water to the horse but we couldn't make him drink.

This is why Teutonic's idea won't work either, I think: I cannot see BLACK or CCCP going for it. All they care about is dots. I cannot fathom why.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

Sure map reset. The French, and probably others, will be as uninterested in PBs as they are now so...?

Teutonic's entire plan is built around the idea that nobody seems very interested in PBs.

Clan wars will also reset the map anyway, whenever that happens.

Just now, The Red Duke said:

Let's get something really really clear Captain. I don't care about "your" server or "my" nation. :) Once we get over that "language" barrier then we can communicate. It seems to be getting in the way. 

I have completely lost all respect for you mate.  You are a mod that refuse to his job just like other mods here.  You take sides and let one side trash talk the other (99% nations trashing Pirates)  That is more of a problem than anything else in this game.  Its all one sided from the Losing group.  

5 minutes ago, JobaSet said:
6 minutes ago, Skully said:

once we get our rookie fleet up to par.  You find something else to complain about.

I'm simply asserting that BLACK will win over and over. Would that not be the case?

We wouldn't want to get BLACK bored, now would we?

Edited by Skully

17 minutes ago, Skully said:

Oh god, please no! Don't, I repeat do not, merge France & Pirates. We are two totally different factions. France are more piraty and pirates are more natty. We are doing perfectly fine, no rebuilding needed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Now if they only had a running tab of ships sunk....  I wonder where those vaunted Pirates would be.....?   Hmmmmmmm.  

Your goals are different than mine...

yea because sinking 1 trader brig with 10 is something to brag about lol.  That is why you are never on top of board you have to share the points with 10 others.  And Pirate get one kill and on top

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Here is what really happened to the server.

Black had a plan for the wipe why didn't you.
WHY? Every single time there has been a wipe the Nations gang up, and as a group have slammed us to one port and kick us while we were down.  We were going to try and stop it this time.  We as a group combined and mass produced 1st rates as fast as we could, While also slowly taken ports for marks.  The main goal of to build even more 1st rates and then we lvled them all of them.   While many Nations wanted to RVR and PVP we put a self imposed limit on our selves for the long term Future of the pirates.  We defended all ports when needed until got pushed to far.

And so it began! 

The US would not leave it be, constantly beating their bird chest, attacking ports attempting to Duel flip .  So we punched them in the Nose and took Sav.  The US caved for Brit support and Shot them selves in the foot and Still to this Day have not even stopped the bleeding.
They Lost every port in Gulf for support that never amounted to anything. As the Brit Nation Grew to big.  It is, Was, and Will never Change its all about numbers.  And they Had them.
The whole Time Pirates Steadily pushing out more and more 1st rates and getting slots(I expect a nerf and any time now, now that most have all five slots in most 1st rates and the Nations do not).  

Welcome to the other problem once we(Pirate) established that we are the Dominate Nation(Yes we are a Nation) in organization skills.  And the nations/Devs plan to stifle the Pirates Failed after completely changing how slots xp worked, removal of pvp marks, how getting Permits worked, Etc more or less everything we did was removed, So the other Nations would stop crying.  But we kept Adapting.  

The worse thing you can ever do to a well skilled and organized group... you wish to hamper, is give that organization a goal.  They gave it to pirates. Up until this point in Game there was no clear cut who was winning, who was not.  Enter the bullshit of Victory marks, I get it it should have been easy who every has the most people should get most reward.  But Once the Pirates had a goal it was over for the nations.  It was over before the 1st week was out and everyone knew it.  Then they Nerf how many VM you get,  We still on top.  Then they made it were VM didn't mean crap, and everyone and the Dog could have a 1st rate.....  None of that maters we are still on top.  

With that all said

We have and are still taken a hit with the French in PVP at the moment.  Not because we can't do it, we just didn't/don't have the Ships and Slots on many of the Ships to Fight head to head at that moment.  So we had to take a beating for a week or So near mort.  We listen to bird chest getting pounded we don't need Dots bla bla. From a Nation almost 2 hours away from home.  Then they(French) slipped, falling into a hype induced entitlement coma. hello kittyed up and  Flipped a port on us(Pirate) for some unknown reason.  This one act has changed the server as we know it!!!  The ramifications wont be seen for weeks to come.

Every Single Post in last two or three weeks has been to nerf Pirates in some way.  Or being accused of Hacks, exploits, Alt abuse, Let us not forget the Cheaters. With nothing from the Mods to quail this, outright , other than me getting ban for saying DRINK to much. Nations are given a free pass to spew off the chain bullshit to get your side excited...  But in realty, As my not so Subtle friend once pointed out GETGOOD get organized.  The French are doing it and Brits are following suit with the US well we will have to see.  They may have an edge on right NOW, but I am not to worried, but it appears most are that we will adapt again.  Just look at post over last 2 weeks.

all that said BLACK killed the server and now they are gonna have to live with it

no you're not a nation pirates never were

Edited by amplify
forgot some stuff
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Now if they only had a running tab of ships sunk....  I wonder where those vaunted Pirates would be.....?   Hmmmmmmm.  

Your goals are different than mine...

2017-08-10-PvP.PNG.cdcc995e253e2fe7b26fac9cc839be87.PNG

I stand corrected, clearly France is number #1 in that area.

4 minutes ago, Skully said:

I'm simply asserting that BLACK will win over and over. Would that not be the case?

We wouldn't want to get BLACK bored, now would we?

Agree once black gets the 6th-3rd rates, slots get maxed out. All we do is work on 1st rates atm now most are done with that

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Its all one sided from the Losing group.  

I think a good chunk of the communication gap is that not everyone is "keeping score" the same way.  Heck some people aren't keeping score at all?   So you say [insert group 1] is [winning and insert group 2] is losing.   So therefore it's just sour grapes by "the losing side".

The reality and what the point of this post isn't losers complaining about what the winners are doing.   The reality if this point is we ARE ALL LOSERS ULTIMATELY the way the game is currently being played out.

1 minute ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Oh god, please no! Don't not merge France & Pirates. We are two totally different factions. France are more piraty and pirates are more natty. 

I do think about joining the Pirates sometimes.

We would still fight them and we would do it from their own ports. We'd have great access to attack any other team from, too. We could still fight the Danes and they couldn't take "our" ports without also taking "BLACK's" ports.

The main thing holding me back is how annoying it would be to move our clan warehouse.

There was an idea brought up in another thread that basically suggested if 100% of the population joined the pirates, we'd have a potentially awesome FFA server.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slamz said:

I do think about joining the Pirates sometimes.

We would still fight them and we would do it from their own ports. We'd have great access to attack any other team from, too. We could still fight the Danes and they couldn't take "our" ports without also taking "BLACK's" ports.

The main thing holding me back is how annoying it would be to move our clan warehouse.

There was an idea brought up in another thread that basically suggested if 100% of the population joined the pirates, we'd have a potentially awesome FFA server.

Thats what TDA did on the EU server....