Game-Labs Forum

Global RvR post merge

Since the other topics just devolve into name-calling and shit-slinging and since my posts get buried by virtue of needing mod approval I wanted to start my own topic with my own ideas for a truly global server.

Instead of other peoples approach to either tell people to get over night-flipping or to artificially increase the difficulty of night flipping I propose that:

Different areas of the map are locked(for port battles) to different timezones, the majority can be european because that's the major player base but some areas of the map would have timers set to american times and some would be set to oceanic times. This means no port captured by dayflippers could then be nightflipped (and no nightflipped port could be taken by dayflippers). Essentially they exist on the same server without completely interacting. 

People can then contest port battles in their own timezone or they also get the option to contest other battles if they get up early, stay up late or happen to have free time over multiple timezones.

With this everyone would have access to as much content as possible and it is becoming increasingly apparent that without content the playerbase will die off. There are far more ports on the map than are currently contestable in port battles, therefore there would be easily enough ports to go around if you sectioned some of them off.