Game-Labs Forum

Enhanced RvR

Currently the only method of RvR is the port battle. Ths slows the game down once player reach top end gear as there is no need for strict RvR players to do anything but PB play. So in the course of  few days of gaming they may only log in 1-2hours to flip a port and 1.5 hours to PB it.  End game becomes less and less about being at sea as there is only one method to RvR. If fact this effect is worse when one nation becomes dominant in PBs.

Suggestion: add another way to RvR.   (Defensive RvR) Ports that have been captured can "Revolt" and return to the original owner if that nation continuously sinks enemy NPC shipping/players off the coast.  If the hostility on the port rises 20% per day in three sequential days (something like that) the port with revert to original map owner without a port battle. 

This will keep dominant factions from just sitting on captured ports and only logging in for the defensive PBs they are likely to win. This will encourage them to maintain an OW presence on captured territory or at least counter the hostility increases. Putting more ships on the sea and giving small groups the ability to get ports back through OW RvR.

Well one thing I have seen over the last few weeks is that US or/and Brits refuse to fight each other, I think this had been going on for a little over a year now.

Its fine if that is how you want to play I guess, but when and every time you attack a Pirate and lose... It seems to me they take a port in retaliation. You attempt a Duel flip and it even worse.  This has been going on for weeks, Brits and/or US attack a port and flip it, they defend and win, then they take one of your ports. It seems pretty simple to me. Don't want to lose ports attack someone else that is not as organized as the Pirates.  I can't wait until you see the light on this.  

This is just yet another way to get a port with out fighting for it.

• Like 1

Drop all special RvR content whatsoever. Rebuild the game around single casuals that like multiplayer battles. Give them ships, guns. Reasons to fight it out. 

RvR will always be evolving out from a good basic game. Players will organize themselves. But only if the game is fun,that is.

And for most a good multiplayer battle this is why we bought the game. 

We want battles. Big, small, underdog, superior, fun battles with sinking, exploding ships in them. 

Bring back cheap multi duras so we can loose ships all night. 

Work on game content and make it optional how players like to use their time in game. A port battle? Come join. Hunt a trader? Go ahead? Capture the spanish treasure fleet? Try. Defend your nation? Give a hand!

Shift your focus before it's too late. Kill the RvR darling and make the game great again. RvR ers will find eachother anyway.