Game-Labs Forum

Add invasions to the RvR game

NA needs more diversity in the ways players can RvR.

Use the old flag system to allow players to purchase invasion flags and sail them to the port to be invaded.  If the flag makes it to port an invasion battle takes place.  Only instead if a ship battle this takes place as a land battle using the current boarding system and the number of troops brought to the port verses the garrison troops stationed at the port.

Give port Lords the ability to garrison troops and build defenses from the tax base. Have the morale level of each port determined by the tax rate of the people and any goods given to them by the port Lord to boost morale.

Troops or soldiers should be a commodity players can build, outfit and delivery in the cargo hold of merchant/troop ships

This will allow more diversity in the ways we RvR and put in a badly needed counter to RvR by 1st rate only system we have.  

Could be combined with raiding attacks that either weakens the garrison and robs tax base.

Delivery of troops and extra garrison could take place over a 24hr period after battle is triggered giving off hours players a chance to contribute and generating OW PvP potential to stop troop deliveries.

Edited by Bach

4 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Personally would like to see the regional system to go the way of the dinosaur. Bring back single port conquests. 

This should extend the content of a "campaign" rather then these swift blows that knock a nation out in a matter of days.

I think their plan is to have single port conquest come back.  I may be wrong though. 

5 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I think their plan is to have single port conquest come back.  I may be wrong though. 

Yeah I am so lost on all that war company stuff right now I am not bothering with it till they come with a more concrete system. I feel like they are just trying to replace the current RvR system rather than expand on it which is simply foolish. This game should be beyond the point of rewrites and should be focused on building upon a strong foundation. Not tearing it down for remodelling.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Personally would like to see the regional system to go the way of the dinosaur. Bring back single port conquests. 

This should extend the content of a "campaign" rather then these swift blows that knock a nation out in a matter of days.

They should keep the regions. They should make us to conquer all ports of thw region in order to take the region. Its a) slows down the rvr; b). Makes it easier for defender to defend; c). Invasion = war declaration and should last only few days. If all ports are not taken the region is defended and goes back to it rightful owner

• Like 3