Game-Labs Forum

When was the game really good?

20 hours ago, Slamz said:

So what's the intended audience for Naval Action? Those are the people who should be listened to. Others will be unhappy. Welcome to game design 101: you can't make every audience type happy with one game. (And it has never been entirely clear to me what the audience for this game is really supposed to be. There has been a heavy goal of making open world PvPers happy lately but there are still some pretty questionable game elements if that's the case, like how missions and port battles work.)

The intended audience for Naval Action at the moment is the 50 players who like NA as it is. What a joke!

3 June 2016. It was still a SUPERB game. I wrote:

Balance the game. Do not make it too complicated and onerous. Sailing on the OW can be fun for very short periods, but boring when it is imposed upon us for lengths of time because of the crew or other mechanics of the game, e.g. when one cannot find an inaccurately placed crossed swords. This must continue to be a game which one can play alone, PvE, or with mates, PvP. There have been many objections to these proposed changes. It is worth testing quickly and deciding just as quickly to keep or dump the changes.

I like the idea of a core crew (is that what 'persistent' means in Naval Action?) which increases in quality from raw to trained to veteran and to elite. I like the idea of officers which increase the morale, handling and gunnery in a ship.

Edited by Lannes

I can remember it when we had 2000+ players online during prime EU time. We had to wait in queue up to 30 minutes to get in, but I can not agree that the game was better back then. It was just a brand new game for most of us. So we all had so much stuff to explore, but after the "new game hype" was over the player numbers dropped.
It was to little content and to much work involved to get some basic fun out of the game.

I still think we have the major issues now.. There is just not enough content to keep it interesting for a large player base. And there is way to much grind involved to get gold. And we all need gold for resources for ships, cannons and repairs.  And when you lose a ship it hurts, too much!

I was hoping for RAIDS to bring some more easy instant action back into the game. And that might satisfy the players who miss the old flag system. But I've got a feeling the development of raids "have been put on a shelf".  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...