Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Slamz

Travel Advisory for the Lesser Antilles

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Vllad said:

Your idea of trolling is kind of creepy.

Park the white van, put the lollypops away and just play the game.

Everything is a game if you look at it the right way. Unless your name is Slamz. He doesn't play games.

And it's actually a black van. With a picture of Slamz's Conan profile face on it. The coolest thing is that the van was able to fly after I applied the picture to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your obsession with Slamz is indeed creepy. I was hoping we had heard the last of it during your extensive tirade in nation chat as you used your Forged Papers to run away.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hodo said:

The word is "winner".

 

They must be getting under your skin, I haven't seen you misspell so much in so little of a time. 

Again the word is "lure", not lore....  

Pronunciation: 
\ˈwhi-nər\ 
Function: 
noun 
Date: 
14th century 

: one that wins: as a: one that is successful especially through praiseworthy ability and hard work, but also routinely whines about it. b: a victor especially in gamesand sports c: one that wins admiration, usually while whinig or while eating a phalus
 
No I spelled that one right.  Though I was prob tired and got lure wrong.  
5 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

At least they get some PvP experience which is a good thing.

Lesson 1: don't bring fleet ships to a pvp. It's more a distraction than anything else.

Yah when I saw the screen of the fleet I figure that would be a slaughter, but hey they said they had fun and that is what counts.  A lot of the guys getting killed over in the Mort area are doing the same rushing into fights and bringing the wrong ships even after we told them not to go out there or to stay in port until escorted back.  I said it many times before.  All ya'll are doing it weeding out our weak and helping other guys get stronger and better.  You can't learn unless you get out and fight.  I wouldn't brag about every fight you been in, ya'll have yet to face an all BLACK team (why does that all ways feel racist when I say it) vs one of yours.  Give it some time as many of us have to switch from RvR mode to PvP mode.  

2 hours ago, Vllad said:

I can't speak for all of France but I can speak for Purge. If you see any Purge using Brits or American's to cheat send it to me and I will end it. I can promise you that if I am in a battle with Brits, I am trying to sink them. I can also tell you that I would be highly critical of any French clan publicly and privately that used such tactics if I found out about it. Purge will not be associating with cheaters.

While they aren't using alts to tag, I know for fact some of the hunting groups was using US or Brit players and that isn't against the rules.  If I get any first hand proof I'll pass it you way. My only point is that don't bitch about a game mechanic your own nation is using.  As far as I know we (BLACK) haven't used this over in the French area.  Just not any group I have been in at least.

And remember not every scrub that goes out and gets his trader caught by one side or the other is a freaking alt.  I swear this game so so paranoid about alts.  Pirates don't need to use another nation to do the tag and fight thing.  We can just tag each other, but lately we been just using battle groups and rolling into the PB.  We heard they accused us of using the tag thing to get into the Brit port battles the other night.  Nope we rolled in two groups strong for GT and than one group for SLM.  So many folks spread false info and rumors and not first hand knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Your obsession with Slamz is indeed creepy. I was hoping we had heard the last of you during your extensive tirade in nation chat as you used your Forged Papers to run away.

Oh, I assure you that you haven't. I'm afraid that, as in pretty much every other case, you are (and were) dead wrong. I do want to clear the air a bit though, so I'll be breaking character for a couple minutes. Bear with me.

First - anyone who has almost 1600 forums posts obviously doesn't have much of a problem with attention. Seriously, neither of us will ever love Slamz as much as he loves himself. He is one of the most shameless self-promoters in this game, and that is saying something. I simply find it deliciously entertaining to illustrate through sarcasm and irony how ridiculous his ego, attention-seeking, and all around sour disposition are. And besides, I have to do something while we sail around and take back our former territories uncontested.

Second - I didn't use my papers that night. I waited until I had physically moved away from the nation of France. You can't use them unless you are in a free port anyways. I thought your little band of renegades had enough nation flipping experience among yourselves to know that? And the only thing that beat us in the race to flee that port battle were the hardcore gangsta PVPers who you sail with.

Third, we replaced every one of those ships twice over before that screenshot was even posted. Now that you're all practically homeless, a few defeats or bad calls and you'll all be back in basic cutters or NPC ships. Be careful out there.

Now, if you don't mind, I am already five minutes late praying to Slamz' Conan picture on my van, and you of all people know what he's like if he doesn't have enough attention. Let's talk again later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Boneless said:

Oh, I assure you that you haven't. I'm afraid that, as in pretty much every other case, you are (and were) dead wrong. I do want to clear the air a bit though, so I'll be breaking character for a couple minutes. Bear with me.

First - anyone who has almost 1600 forums posts obviously doesn't have much of a problem with attention. Seriously, neither of us will ever love Slamz as much as he loves himself. He is one of the most shameless self-promoters in this game, and that is saying something. I simply find it deliciously entertaining to illustrate through sarcasm and irony how ridiculous his ego, attention-seeking, and all around sour disposition are. And besides, I have to do something while we sail around and take back our former territories uncontested.

Second - I didn't use my papers that night. I waited until I had physically moved away from the nation of France. You can't use them unless you are in a free port anyways. I thought your little band of renegades had enough nation flipping experience among yourselves to know that? And the only thing that beat us in the race to flee that port battle were the hardcore gangsta PVPers who you sail with.

Third, we replaced every one of those ships twice over before that screenshot was even posted. Now that you're all practically homeless, a few defeats or bad calls and you'll all be back in basic cutters or NPC ships. Be careful out there.

Now, if you don't mind, I am already five minutes late praying to Slamz' Conan picture on my van, and you of all people know what he's like if he doesn't have enough attention. Let's talk again later.

 

Two questions...

Why hate on people with over 1600 posts? 

and....

Where did your avatar picture come from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap.  You mean I shouldn't be throwing away all these ships the Danes are throwing at us right now?!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Boneless said:


Third, we replaced every one of those ships twice over before that screenshot was even posted. Now that you're all practically homeless, a few defeats or bad calls and you'll all be back in basic cutters or NPC ships. Be careful out there.
 

I don't recall becoming homeless.  Everything is still cozy in the warehouse, and we actually have some game content to look forward to now.  Doing fine, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

 

Two questions...

Why hate on people with over 1600 posts? 

and....

Where did your avatar picture come from?

I have answers for both.

1. I never said hate. I said anyone who had written that many obviously didn't have a problem with attention. And probably seeks it out like moths to a flame. Kind of how the responses have flowed in over the TEN minutes I stepped away. You can obviously relate to that mindset. A chance for some Slamz-level attention brought you running, didn't it?!

2. Your cabin-girl's bedside table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

58 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:
As far as I know we (BLACK) haven't used this over in the French area.  Just not any group I have been in at least.

[BLACK] Player and [CCCP] Player hiding in a battle off FR.

French Player (Known and openly admitted [BLACK] Alt) sitting at FR scouting when players came out so the [BLACK] player in battle with [CCCP] could pop out of the battle to tag them.

I'm not naming names since as you say all of these are known game mechanics and not against the rules and I'm not trying to flame anyone in particular.  But don't say [BLACK] doesn't play those types of games.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Where did your avatar picture come from?

That picture is a perfect representation of his personality. The dude is flat out strange. Imagine 3 hours of nation chat of the stuff he said up above. Literally every 2 mins he was trolling Slamz for 3 straight hours. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Arsilon said:

 

[BLACK] Player and [CCCP] Player hiding in a battle off FR.

French Player (Known and openly admitted [BLACK] Alt) sitting at FR scouting when players came out so the [BLACK] player in battle with [CCCP] could pop out of the battle to tag them.

I'm not naming names since as you say all of these are known game mechanics and not against the rules and I'm not trying to flame anyone in particular.  But don't say [BLACK] doesn't play those types of games.

 

I really love how folks don't read my words.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:
 As far as I know we (BLACK) haven't used this over in the French area.  Just not any group I have been in at least.

I can't speak for every Pirate or BLACK clan members.  Though since this has been used for over a week by France in the Mort area than why shouldn't we be using the same thing back against you?   Maybe you should listen to the travel advisory and not leave port for your own safety?   Also nothing against the rules using a spotter of any nation or as an alt.  Now you know the known spy and know not to go around any area he's in.  Believe me we have a long list of pirates we are pretty sure are alts of other nations.   We just wait until we have good proof and slaughter them in Pirate vs Pirate battles or just ignore them.  Eventually they reroll or go into hiding.

Interesting thing is I found a problem with some in the game mechanics last night that I F11 dealing with battles, nationals and pirates joining either side and other things.  This is how you find out bad mechanics and exploits and report them.   This is how you get things fixed.  I'll be honest I think the super warp speed thing should go, I'm all cool with the invisibility after a battle to help you escape the counter, but that warp speed thing is getting abused a bit more than it should be by all nations. One way to fix that is to make the tag/enter battle timer longer after you leave a battle.

But happy hunting or hiding guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Timjim2 said:

Where did DICS get their sailing lessons...Pirates?  Hope they have a lot more ships.

Well, as most of the ships were purchased from port when we heard there were French nearby, it wasn't that big a deal.  Gloat all you want, you earned the right to it, but it was still a good opportunity to give some players who've otherwise never seen PVP their first glimpses of it.  Not having anything big enough to crack the armor on those Bellonas kept the engagement French favourable from the get go, nevermind the bad tags and pursuits.  Oddly enough, my Rattlesnake made it home which was glorious. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:
 I wouldn't brag about every fight you been in, ya'll have yet to face an all BLACK team (why does that all ways feel racist when I say it) vs one of yours.  Give it some time as many of us have to switch from RvR mode to PvP mode. 

We've been in quite a few fights with BLACK and BLOOD.  We know you're preferences and some player tendencies.  You can certainly switch into "pvp mode" to hunt us down.  We'll be your white whale i guess.  It is interesting that you didn't one port US nor Brits but for some reason you felt like we should be.  Probably from the ships you're losing I'd guess or we that didnt tow the line and appear to be arrogant. Of course it's not because we like OW PvP (/s).  Whatever it is we sort of knew early that we weren't going to challenge RvR heavy weights.  We are certainty not assimilating into who ever is winning like so many do.  Purge at least wants to be spoilers.  Spoilers to mega factions, alliances, and metagamers.

So, i look forward to "pvp mode" however long that lasts.  I suspect another crisis will happen after you've "won" in single regioning France and you've bored yourself in realization that it'll be work to find us.  After all, the other pirates are second rate and we can't have the Brits, US, or now Danes being top dog.  France though will always be hunting... "for the good of the server".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

 Gloat all you want, you earned the right to it, but it was still a good opportunity to give some players who've otherwise never seen PVP their first glimpses of it.  

I don't think that dude is French. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

At least they get some PvP experience which is a good thing.

Lesson 1: don't bring fleet ships to a pvp. It's more a distraction than anything else.

I used to worry it might become the meta that people would run fleet ships and all PvP would degrade into big PvE fights.

But yeah, they mostly just get in the way and the fact that they won't do repairs makes them very fodderous. Even though we can capture good ones for free now, I'm not sure it's worth it. Spend 10-20 minutes looking for, tagging and capturing a Surprise only to have it ram its bow sprit off (or yours) 5 minutes into a PvP battle and fire chain shot into people's hulls because sometimes that's just what they enjoy doing...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slamz said:

I used to worry it might become the meta that people would run fleet ships and all PvP would degrade into big PvE fights.

But yeah, they mostly just get in the way and the fact that they won't do repairs makes them very fodderous. Even though we can capture good ones for free now, I'm not sure it's worth it. Spend 10-20 minutes looking for, tagging and capturing a Surprise only to have it ram its bow sprit off (or yours) 5 minutes into a PvP battle and fire chain shot into people's hulls because sometimes that's just what they enjoy doing...

 

Wow... the man, the myth, the legend graces the unwashed hordes with his presence and wisdom.

Can you really blame those poor "fodderous" fleet ships, though? They are obviously so starstruck by having the great one, himself, direct them to "shoot the hull with cannonballs" that they probably just get overexcited and screw up the commands. I feel the exact same way when you're around, and I've never been able to defeat even an NPC ship in game, so I know what I'm talking about. In fact, that was the main reason ICS didn't get into your Teamspeak the night you left us hanging in that fleet battle. If I had so much as heard your real voice telling us in person what an worthless impediment we were to the nation I'm quite certain I would have fired on my own clan by pure reflexes alone.

But such is the effect that greatness has on the unworthy. Have you considered giving all your commands through a less-intimidating third party? Someone who licks your boot and aspires to be like you and fight your fights for you but just doesn't quite have the... how can I put this delicately... raw materials to build to such heights? Perhaps someone relatively harmless and possessing the intimidation of a teddy bear -  like Barbancourt or Vllad? Then your group can rock those fleet ships without having to worry about them screwing things up? Just a thought.

Now, I'm sure you have more wisdom to dispense. And when someone can say something better than I can - and you can, no doubt - I let them.

Edited by The Boneless
I was starstruck by Slamz and forgot a word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boneless, 

Adding Slamz to your signature is Richard Farley levels of weird. 

Don't be the creepy internet guy. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Snuggle-Bear1.jpg.331e3eca67c5deac1897daf0173eed4f.jpg

It wasn't my signature - it was the reason for my edit. Remember, ports don't matter! OW PVP is Naval Action!

Cute pictures. You know what they say - "If you're taking flak, you must be over the target."

Edited by The Boneless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the French were serious they would attack military ships but as usual go the traders for their "PVP Jollies".

Enjoy sailing for hours on end between freeports while you nation crumbled. Your Crafters must be stoked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BallsOfSteel said:

If the French were serious they would attack military ships but as usual go the traders for their "PVP Jollies".

Enjoy sailing for hours on end between freeports while you nation crumbled. Your Crafters must be stoked.

Our "crafters" work for other nations...  they build us some great vessels, thanks!

EDIT:  Just to add....  If you don't like it, you shouldn't declare war.  

"Those U-Boats are are attacking my trader convoys!  That's not fair!"  See how ridiculous that sounds?

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Our "crafters" work for other nations...  they build us some great vessels, thanks!

EDIT:  Just to add....  If you don't like it, you shouldn't declare war.  

"Those U-Boats are are attacking my trader convoys!  That's not fair!"  See how ridiculous that sounds?

On to the 4th page! Seriously, thank you Vernon for doing your part to fill Slamz' post with so much meaningless gibberish that it becomes the most viewed post on Naval Action. Once Vllad and Barbancourt get back from eating crayons and trying to be awesome, please pass my thanks to them as well. With the help of lesser-pvpers like yourselves we can definitely make this happen. Slamz has done so much for the Naval Action community as I'm sure you'll agree, and I can't think of a more fitting shrine to his greatness than a ton of pages filled with absolute rubbish. This is the least we can do for him.

In fact, I was in the middle of my prayers to Slamz in between my poor attempts at PVP last night, and I was thinking - if we could just throw some more meme's up here I bet we could draw this post out further in a less amount of time. They are larger and cover more space on the page. Plus there is the added benefit of you not actually having to generate a cogent argument or use your brain and the page just looking more colorful. Less head pain - more color!

What say you? Shall we progress to page 5 together? For Slamz?

P.S. Shoutout to PURGE for sailing that Bellona all the way to Christianstead and then handing it over last night. I'll bet you can guess who I INSISTED we name it after?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.18b2ee3cadd6918a027a4f5cac07399e.png

 

image.thumb.png.43017411afa03dec1a0d1eb68a8b8f18.png

 

 

Captured a Bellona after this battle as well, I dont have the ss though. I think PURGE is happy with this trade of ships last night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...