Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary discussion of the changes to conquest - clan wars are coming

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

I like wipes too, as zays said, its the time where everyone is sailing frigates for a while.

But announcing a total wipe NOW, months before anything is going to br wiped, is a mistake. Should have learnt that by now. It took what, 4 months the last time a wipe was announced, and player numbers dopped to a peak of 200.

IF you are going to wipe, keep it secret. Make an announcement one or two weeks before it happens. But not 3 months...

Agreed but it is a bit bl##dy late now, they have gone a said it. lol

3 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Nowhere, only map reset, I believe. 

Thanks, that is what I was thinking.  So player assets are not wiped, so we can quash this rumor now before it gets started and before everyone starts leaving prior to wipe.

Edited by Prater

18 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

had to read it 3 times .... its an idea ..  so as i understand it ..clans have to decide if they are a pvp only or a pvp/rvr clan ... if the want rvr they have to join a company that has other clans within it ... but this limits ports they can enter to their own nations and company owned ports ..whereas pvp only clan  can enter any port ...

so first question is why bother having nations ??

how easy is it to join or resign from a company ...for example could a pvp only clan join a company for a couple of days then leave ?

if you come across another captain in your nation thats not in your clan or company you can attack them .. ??

so first impression is its too complicated .... will probably lead to  5-8 mega clans instead of nations ... wont help new players at all they will just get seal clubbed by  their own nation rather than another

why should i sail from kpr to anywhere to pvp with other nations when i can pvp with people in my own nation that are not in my clan/company right outside kpr

"Captains joining war companies will have to serve a minimum time period and will not be able to exit the company for certain time

• After exit they won't be able to rejoin a company for a certain time (to avoid jumping back and forth between war companies)."

Another user has already answered your other questions but I will answer them again.

"Nations will allow chartered war companies to freely attack each other even if they belong to the same nation. This will allow chartered war companies to settle score between each other if they believe someone is interfering with their chartered activities"

This means that if I'm in a clan but not in a war company and you're in a war company you won't be able to attack me if we're in the same nation, but if I were in the same nation and in another war company you will be able to attack me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prater said:

Thanks, that is what I was thinking.  So player assets are not wiped, so we can quash this rumor now before it gets started and before everyone starts leaving prior to wipe.

We don't know if there will be a wipe or if there won't be one which is the way it should be until they are ready to release the patch. However I still do think that a full wipe and server merge into one server would best fit this mechanic.

Edited by Aventador
  • Like 1

I would like to see an increasing cost, not sure what the cost would be maybe a reduction in tax revenue as a percentage to the total %, , to claiming more and more ports.  In most games this will slow down the leader and prevent the Rich get Richer and the Poor get children effect.   I agree with the notion that capitol areas should be "safe' for new players but not a safe haven for risk adverse captains.

You could allow purchase of "Shares" in these war companies, with the nation that licensed them hold a fairly large portion of shares.  This would add in a nice economic play for those interested in that side of the game.  Have these shares grant a dividend at the end of a fixed period for income gained by ports controlled by the War company, after the King's cut of course.

How about adding the ability to post bounties on Players by War companies collectable by any player and redeemable in the nation capitol of the war company.

I'm still trying to digest all of this and look at different scenarios. I like the direction, but I think its missing a few things. It feels like there needs to be some sort of mechanic for Nationals to be able to fight this, maybe that's what PB's become. There should be some sort of NPC function, maybe something like unrest based on population, that makes a Company have to continually invest in keeping a port under its control. That was part of the problem with RVR, a nation would go take a port far removed from everything that no one wanted to take the time to contend, and would control it unopposed even if they had no interest there at all. I can see this moving very quickly in the beginning then stalling out after a month or so once massive companies become a thing and it turns back into RVR minus the port flipping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

clans remain. you don't have to have a chartered war company to pvp.
It is required only if you want to conquer ports.

Can you elaborate, please? Is the war company a alternative to a clan or can you be in normal clan x and war company y at the same time? If a war company takes a region, does a normal clan lose all assets / warehouse to the war company too or are the warehouses you mentioned new and specific for war companies `??

13 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Can you elaborate, please? Is the war company a alternative to a clan or can you be in normal clan x and war company y at the same time? If a war company takes a region, does a normal clan lose all assets / warehouse to the war company too or are the warehouses you mentioned new and specific for war companies `??

You keep your old clans, they work the same as now.

Clans can join a war company, and war companies can fight each other (in the same nation, or vs. companies from other nations).

Unsure about consequences of losing ports, but clan assets are separate from war company assets.

11 minutes ago, Obliterati said:

What is the point of nations under this new system? realistically speaking it doesn't matter at all. Having nation specific rules just creates advantages or disadvantages that shouldn't exist. 

If they restrict port and capital access, then there is a major point.  Also, you still can't attack nationmates unless your war clans are at war with each other.

Edited by Prater

I dont think the question of whether you can be in a clan and war company at the same time has been answered. From the OP I do not believe it would be possible as the rules for which ports you can enter are different.

Some clarification on this would be nice.

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

I dont think the question of whether you can be in a clan and war company at the same time has been answered. From the OP I do not believe it would be possible as the rules for which ports you can enter are different.

Some clarification on this would be nice.

Correct, it havent been answered.

1 minute ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

This change you're looking to do is actually more of change than the most recent wipe.   

Hence the need for a full wipe/reset.

Even though this will be a huge change I do not see how it affects ships and crafting and the economy which were the reasons for a wipe last time round. 

If the idea develops and they do decide they need a wipe, then I hope they keep it secret till they are ready to deploy it, if not you can expect dead servers again.

7 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

This change you're looking to do is actually more of change than the most recent wipe.   

Hence the need for a full wipe/reset.

There is no reason to wipe players.  Why do you need to wipe players when there are just changes to nations and clans?  There are no crafting changes, no ship changes, no skill changes, no module changes, no xp changes, or gold changes, so why do anything to players?

• Like 1

They would have to wipe if they reset the map. Otherwise those that have outposts and ships stored in captured ports would loose everything. I suppose they could be given back through redeemables, but that would probably be complicated to get exact ships with refits and upgrades plus cannons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oleander said:

They would have to wipe if they reset the map. Otherwise those that have outposts and ships stored in captured ports would loose everything. I suppose they could be given back through redeemables, but that would probably be complicated to get exact ships with refits and upgrades plus cannons.

Um no.

"

• Captains who are not a member of a chartered war company will be able to enter any port in any ship. 

"

• Like 3

This plan will solve the problem of alts taking port battle places and also the question of who enters the port battles, but I do think this plan will also create many more alts as War Companies will most likely run an alt clan to carry out their trade and crafting, so expect many more alts in game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oleander said:

So move your stuff like we did in the past when freeports were changed or they changed who owned ports.  Or, there is an easy fix.

Make capital warehouse unlimited for 1 month.  Allow a player to instantly transport all of their stuff from an outpost to capital warehouse.  After the new changes take place, each player has 1 month to either move their stuff out of the capital or to expand their capital warehouse so their moved stuff fit.  After the 1 month, it goes back to normal warehouse limits and anything outside the limit is lost.  There is no need for a wipe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomms123 said:

Um no.

"

• Captains who are not a member of a chartered war company will be able to enter any port in any ship. 

"

It doesn't say anything about outposts or buildings. You can't have an outpost in an enemy port.