Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Preliminary discussion of the changes to conquest - clan wars are coming

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Slamz said:

<snip>

All this happens to the nearest enemy port regardless of how far away that is.

</snip>

 

Agree with the sentiment of the rest of your post, but this line right here? Newp. 

Contention needs to be worked near the port that's "under attack". There's enough meta gaming going on as it is, we don't need to add another layer of cheese to go on top of it. 

I completely understand the desire for everybody to be able to contribute in some meaningful fashion to the conquest side of the game, because in doing so we create a more vibrant and active sandbox to play in. For me, the number one turn off to RvR/PB's is how easy they are to trigger while avoiding the very thing they should be designed to promote... PvP outside of the "Arena". The PB should be the icing on the PvP cake. The proverbial period at the end of the sentence. Everything before that should absolutely matter and be accessible.. Around the port of contention, not some unrelated zone an hour's sail away. 


I like the idea of the "patrols". Makes the attackers have a presence in the area, which triggers defenders to show up to push them out. PvP happens. Attackers sink defenders, a few points of contention are added. Opposite if defenders win. All fine and dandy so long as PvE and the killing of stupid bots is removed from the equation. I'll beat the drum that since RvR is a PvP activity, PvP needs to be the the most efficient, viable, and desirable method of a conquest campaign. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhodry Heidenrich said:

 

Agree with the sentiment of the rest of your post, but this line right here? Newp. 

Contention needs to be worked near the port that's "under attack". There's enough meta gaming going on as it is, we don't need to add another layer of cheese to go on top of it. 

 

It s too easily exploitable for the defender by simply not showing in the targeted region and just drop war supply to counter hostility.    Plus forcing pve grind.

I agree that ow pvp  should be linked to rvr. Maybe limit pb choices to the country your nation have the most pvp with (both sink or sunk). This would prevent switching ports from empty nations while keeping no rvr vs the nation you hunt (or gank you) the most

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
Sry phone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update

As usual community brain in general provided interesting edge cases that required some additional design rework of the initial proposal.

 

As a result
Here is the updated version of the preliminary proposal

Alts
As we only need to solve problem of alts interfering in OW and PBs we needed a simple and quick fix. We do not need a convoluted and complicated system of war companies and such. 

  • As a result. 
  • Clans will be able to set friendly status for other clans in their nation (up to 15 clans). Current clans and their historical names will remain intact. 
  • Diplomat role will be added and clan founder and diplomats will be able to set this friendly status. 
  • Only clans listed as friendly will be able to enter port battles initiated by the clan.
  • Friendly status + battlegroups will keep alts from battles and port battles.

New player experience, seal clubbing and inability to progress
Once the average player have passed the initial hurdles of the UI and started building ships it is getting very hard to progress because he has no place to safely rebuild and survive. 

Initial solution was to move un capturable ports to coasts

  • Moving un capturable ports to the coasts and moving very profitable resources to the center will actually increase sailing times for many (who wish to venture into dangerous waters for profit or pvp)
  • In addition to that repositioning of ports will drastically change existing gameplay and reposition resources and having done this before we believe that this might have a drastic adverse effect on play

As a result we would like to discuss the alternative solution for discussion

  • Change naming of servers to properly identify the style of play 
    • Easy (PvE only)
    • Hardcore Global
    • Hardcore EU
  • Capitals will remain in their current places
  • Un-capturable ports will be set in the areas around the capitals (with the exception of sweden and denmark which will be set as very hard again during selection of the nation).
  • Un-capturable ports will not be counted in the national leaderboards for victory marks
  • Important. Within the zone of influence around the waters will be made extremely safe, by use of national reinforcements (a-la CONCORD) which will arrive to battles and defend the player in case he is attacked. The bigger the distance from capital the weaker reinforcements would be. Extremely skilled captains will still be able to sink the defender despite all odds, but it will give some breathing room to players to rebuild in case of multiple losses.
  • Extremely profitable trading resources will be removed from the un-capturable ports and placed in capturable ports to provide profitable trading, privateering and potential taxation base.

Taxation will remain the way described before. Port maintenance will be added - if the clan controls the port they will have to pay maintenance (taken from the clan warehouse). If maintenance is not paid the port will turn into a neutral port. Taxation money will be collected to clan warehouse as well. 

 

Safe(R) waters are going to be controversial for some. So lets spend some time discussing this as well. 
Predicting outcry about safe waters we would like to say. We believe some safe waters will be good for the game.

We can supply new players to game (10000 new players came to NA during last 3 months) but current system do not keep them. No-one stayed. 

Some might say - but add pve and such - we could do that and plan to do that, but the problem is that with current system you won't be able to even get to those exciting PVE events. Privateers operating from free towns near capitals, placed conveniently within 20 mins form each capital for a different reason (resource transport that was removed) completely destroy the opportunity to rebuild. You must stay in green waters otherwise you are dead. When online numbers fluctuate they increase the problem because there are less targets and the only target becomes a new player, because old players know how to avoid it. New players unfortunately do not get time to learn to avoid it, and just leave.

When online numbers were higher it was a lesser problem because of abundance of targets (some could pass through). When online fluctuates the only target is a new player.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, admin said:

 

  • Capitals will remain in their current places
  • Un-capturable ports will be set in the areas around the capitals (with the exception of sweden and denmark which will be set as very hard again during selection of the nation).

is it possible for you guys to present some map with what will be captrurable and what not exactly?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did like the War Companies concept and we even all ready had the name and every planed for our War Company, but I think the friendly clans thing works out too.  Will there still be clan wars between same nation clans and what not?

 

Oh what about clanless players?  With the War Companies it sounded like you could add them and they didn't have to be in a clan.  Now the small one or two guys that solo and want to join RvR will have to be forced to join a clan even if they don't want to.

 

@admin May I suggest that when you do this you give out another round of Forge Papers and give a tally of each nation active population to help us maybe balance out the servers again for the new system? Something like this would be great.   A lot of folks think they are in smaller nations than they are but they don't understand they don't see the guys that log in through out the days is actual a lot more than the current log in numbers.

dFbC8bb.png

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, admin said:

Update

As usual community brain in general provided interesting edge cases that required some additional design rework of the initial proposal.

 

As a result
Here is the updated version of the preliminary proposal

Alts
As we only need to solve problem of alts interfering in OW and PBs we needed a simple and quick fix. We do not need a convoluted and complicated system of war companies and such. 

  • As a result. 
  • Clans will be able to set friendly status for other clans in their nation (up to 15 clans). Current clans and their historical names will remain intact. 
  • Diplomat role will be added and clan founder and diplomats will be able to set this friendly status. 
  • Only clans listed as friendly will be able to enter port battles initiated by the clan.
  • Friendly status + battlegroups will keep alts from battles and port battles.

New player experience, seal clubbing and inability to progress
Once the average player have passed the initial hurdles of the UI and started building ships it is getting very hard to progress because he has no place to safely rebuild and survive. 

Initial solution was to move un capturable ports to coasts

  • Moving un capturable ports to the coasts and moving very profitable resources to the center will actually increase sailing times for many (who wish to venture into dangerous waters for profit or pvp)
  • In addition to that repositioning of ports will drastically change existing gameplay and reposition resources and having done this before we believe that this might have a drastic adverse effect on play

As a result we would like to discuss the alternative solution for discussion

  • Change naming of servers to properly identify the style of play 
    • Easy (PvE only)
    • Hardcore Global
    • Hardcore EU
  • Capitals will remain in their current places
  • Un-capturable ports will be set in the areas around the capitals (with the exception of sweden and denmark which will be set as very hard again during selection of the nation).
  • Un-capturable ports will not be counted in the national leaderboards for victory marks
  • Important. Within the zone of influence around the waters will be made extremely safe, by use of national reinforcements (a-la CONCORD) which will arrive to battles and defend the player in case he is attacked. The bigger the distance from capital the weaker reinforcements would be. Extremely skilled captains will still be able to sink the defender despite all odds, but it will give some breathing room to players to rebuild in case of multiple losses.
  • Extremely profitable trading resources will be removed from the un-capturable ports and placed in capturable ports to provide profitable trading, privateering and potential taxation base.

Taxation will remain the way described before. Port maintenance will be added - if the clan controls the port they will have to pay maintenance (taken from the clan warehouse). If maintenance is not paid the port will turn into a neutral port. Taxation money will be collected to clan warehouse as well. 

 

Safe(R) waters are going to be controversial for some. So lets spend some time discussing this as well. 
Predicting outcry about safe waters we would like to say. We believe some safe waters will be good for the game.

We can supply new players to game (10000 new players came to NA during last 3 months) but current system do not keep them. No-one stayed. 

Some might say - but add pve and such - we could do that and plan to do that, but the problem is that with current system you won't be able to even get to those exciting PVE events. Privateers operating from free towns near capitals, placed conveniently within 20 mins form each capital for a different reason (resource transport that was removed) completely destroy the opportunity to rebuild. You must stay in green waters otherwise you are dead. When online numbers fluctuate they increase the problem because there are less targets and the only target becomes a new player, because old players know how to avoid it. New players unfortunately do not get time to learn to avoid it, and just leave.

When online numbers were higher it was a lesser problem because of abundance of targets (some could pass through). When online fluctuates the only target is a new player.

Like everything.
May I suggest the following:

- Rename PVE server to Softcore PVP. No player vs player in OW but give them options to PVP somehow like over specific PBs that are just there to experience the team fight and mean nothing else. No capture no loosing.
- Move Danes, Swedes and French capitals and evenly spread around the map and also give them the un-capturable land around capitals.
- Remove huge AI fleets everywhere in the world except around the nation capital areas to help the newbs aka high security zone.
- Instead of setting "friendly" clans, allow us to create Alliances and invite clans from the same nation to those alliance. Only your alliance clans can participate in your PBs

Loving your work!

Edited by koltes
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

. Edit : typed and sent before seeing last proposed changes a few posts above

1 hour ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

It s too easily exploitable for the defender by simply not showing in the targeted region and just drop war supply to counter hostility.    Plus forcing pve grind.

I agree that ow pvp  should be linked to rvr. Maybe limit pb choices to the country your nation have the most pvp with (both sink or sunk). This would prevent switching ports from empty nations while keeping no rvr vs the nation you hunt (or gank you) the most

Since there is entire high levels alt clans working for obscure forces under other Nations flags i don't see how you can prevent anything... It's well know and seen regularly with the biggest more populated Nations in game... One of the reasons we keep hearing things like Brits are the most populated Nation in game, but then take out all the more or less small clans being there just to work for other factions in the shadows, providing resources, ships, intel + all individuals eco alts or spies being there for easy pvp hunting mode or easy access to resources, for sure you won't put an alt at work on a very low populated Nation, you put it at work on a Nation offering the most preys, same for trading , either for the one having the biggest markets or the rarest resources available regularly and easily ... So whatever the real numbers are they won't take this aspect of the game in account.

Then i hear Pirates saying Nationals don't have the right to express them view on how pirates should work ... but wait... did pirates even once acted as anything else than a Nation in this game, a Nation with extra advantages among others to have the right to say more than Nationals about this subject ? All they done is the same exact thing Nations done, while having extra advantages to do it compared to others, why should the Devs continue to listen to pirates demands seriously ?

-At the very start of the game pirates were the ones able to level up way easier and faster than any others while attacking each other, took ages to be limited.

- Pirates was the Nation able to grow up constantly due to the inability of players to switch faction other than going pirates, Dev's refused to fix this for years, so Nations loosing players were alway at the benefit of the pirates. Still is the case now in some proportions as many leaving a Nation won't go for another Nation that either used to be an enemy of his Nation or simply to not repeat the Nations overall politics problems, in the end pirates keep growing when Nations fall apart.

- Pirates received some extra benefits like the speed perk ( with no downsides like less armor or else ) , or now are limited for BP's ( in theory only since nothing prevents them to get BP's using alts accounts or clan , no limitation at all was hard coded for this, just an illusion added to the game) but get things like a ship outclassing by a large margin what the Nation have as counterpart.

- I keep hearing some Nations do too much pve , while it's true and some enjoy more the trading or relaxed content for different reasons of personal preferences or time available to play, remains that the Pirates are the ones who usually benefited from the easiest, most secure and advantageous pve areas in the entire map, the hidden island and the islands at the top corner of the map, mostly used as fishing and pve areas, with no free town anywhere close to them, areas far away to reach in terms of sailing distances or for escape possibilities vs revenge fleets, unlike any other place for any other Nations in the map. They get the easiest and most secure ground for pve , and it's largely used.

- Now we got the statement that hiding in a outlow battle is a legit tactic... so an entire fleet can start a battle 15-20mn before the server maintenance, enter and sail away to never be able to be caught even if by miracle the enemies manage to reunite quickly a fleet and enter in battle and in the best cases just have to wait for the server maintenance to happen to get an unfair advantage or for the the battle to end while sailing AFK for 1H30 being sure to never been caught .



 

Pirates were supposed to be the hardcore mode, in the facts they always were and still are the easiest faction in game, Dev's are too afraid to change it, they get the same benefits and possibilities as others and get some extra advantages on the top of this, in this thread when the question rises up we see again some requests for extra advantages for pirates and pirates only, putting pressure again on the Dev's to receive a nice counterpart, this have to change, make pirates pirates, don't give them silly unjustified extra advantages, limit the max crew and bring some special raiding mechanics for them and that's all, if pirates want to continue to do conquests they can switch to a nation and create a war company there, make them real pirates damnit, it's a long time due problem that needs to be fixed, stop favoring them like it was done since the release of this game for various reasons and by different mechanics or gameplay. You can't pretend to have a hardcore and historical based game with such non sense running.

I'm fed up of the constant BS over pirates absurdity we have in this game, why is there such double standards in this game when it comes to this faction like for the outlaw battles allowed, battles where they can easily avoid any fight either by sailing away to never been caught or doing it just before the server maintenance and stay hidden until they decide to login in game again, why they receive a ship outclassing completely what the Nation have at them disposal as counterpart?? What are you so afraid of when it comes to really make them pirates ? Why such advantages again and again ???

They are nothing else than a Nation, having the same exact possibilities as others in game but with extra advantages compared to others, never were pirates in game, never were the hardcore mode Dev's so often spoke about, just the easiest faction to play in game, so what is done for this ? Where are the raiding mechanics evoked in this thread that could stay an exclusive pirate thing too ?




 

Edited by Kanay
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, admin said:

Update

As usual community brain in general provided interesting edge cases that required some additional design rework of the initial proposal.

 

As a result
Here is the updated version of the preliminary proposal

Alts
As we only need to solve problem of alts interfering in OW and PBs we needed a simple and quick fix. We do not need a convoluted and complicated system of war companies and such. 

  • As a result. 
  • Clans will be able to set friendly status for other clans in their nation (up to 15 clans). Current clans and their historical names will remain intact. 
  • Diplomat role will be added and clan founder and diplomats will be able to set this friendly status. 
  • Only clans listed as friendly will be able to enter port battles initiated by the clan.
  • Friendly status + battlegroups will keep alts from battles and port battles.

New player experience, seal clubbing and inability to progress
Once the average player have passed the initial hurdles of the UI and started building ships it is getting very hard to progress because he has no place to safely rebuild and survive. 

Initial solution was to move un capturable ports to coasts

  • Moving un capturable ports to the coasts and moving very profitable resources to the center will actually increase sailing times for many (who wish to venture into dangerous waters for profit or pvp)
  • In addition to that repositioning of ports will drastically change existing gameplay and reposition resources and having done this before we believe that this might have a drastic adverse effect on play

As a result we would like to discuss the alternative solution for discussion

  • Change naming of servers to properly identify the style of play 
    • Easy (PvE only)
    • Hardcore Global
    • Hardcore EU
  • Capitals will remain in their current places
  • Un-capturable ports will be set in the areas around the capitals (with the exception of sweden and denmark which will be set as very hard again during selection of the nation).
  • Un-capturable ports will not be counted in the national leaderboards for victory marks
  • Important. Within the zone of influence around the waters will be made extremely safe, by use of national reinforcements (a-la CONCORD) which will arrive to battles and defend the player in case he is attacked. The bigger the distance from capital the weaker reinforcements would be. Extremely skilled captains will still be able to sink the defender despite all odds, but it will give some breathing room to players to rebuild in case of multiple losses.
  • Extremely profitable trading resources will be removed from the un-capturable ports and placed in capturable ports to provide profitable trading, privateering and potential taxation base.

Taxation will remain the way described before. Port maintenance will be added - if the clan controls the port they will have to pay maintenance (taken from the clan warehouse). If maintenance is not paid the port will turn into a neutral port. Taxation money will be collected to clan warehouse as well. 

 

Safe(R) waters are going to be controversial for some. So lets spend some time discussing this as well. 
Predicting outcry about safe waters we would like to say. We believe some safe waters will be good for the game.

We can supply new players to game (10000 new players came to NA during last 3 months) but current system do not keep them. No-one stayed. 

Some might say - but add pve and such - we could do that and plan to do that, but the problem is that with current system you won't be able to even get to those exciting PVE events. Privateers operating from free towns near capitals, placed conveniently within 20 mins form each capital for a different reason (resource transport that was removed) completely destroy the opportunity to rebuild. You must stay in green waters otherwise you are dead. When online numbers fluctuate they increase the problem because there are less targets and the only target becomes a new player, because old players know how to avoid it. New players unfortunately do not get time to learn to avoid it, and just leave.

When online numbers were higher it was a lesser problem because of abundance of targets (some could pass through). When online fluctuates the only target is a new player.

Love ya work...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kanay said:

.BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Wow some one needs to take a chill pill or something this post is about RvR game mechanics not about pirates.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Un-capturable ports will be set in the areas around the capitals (with the exception of sweden and denmark which will be set as very hard again during selection of the nation).

I agree with the un-capturable ports in areas around the capitals, but why exclude Sweden and Denmark? I understand you wish to have different difficult levels of play but a lot of people choose their nation based on their own nationality or background rather than the difficulty level. (this type of mechanic would work better in a fictional world that was not based on history).

The main issue is that these smaller and difficult to play nations then start requesting game mechanics that allow them to play on a more even footing as the larger easier to play nations and that is what causes issues. For example a small nation cannot put out a large screening fleet so they request mechanics to allow them bypass the larger nation screeners and get into and even matched port battle. If we have difficult to play nations then do not provide mechanics to then start leveling the playing field.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

w/e you devs decide to do..please do it in a hurry, pop is fading pretty quick...im running outta people to hunt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Port maintenance will be added - if the clan controls the port they will have to pay maintenance (taken from the clan warehouse). If maintenance is not paid the port will turn into a neutral port. Taxation money will be collected to clan warehouse as well. 

Can you look at some stage of expanding on this so it is not just a cash payment for maintenance. Bring in something like a port requiring so many supplies of various sorts per week. Utilize some of the trading goods, have a whole list for each port of items that are required each week to maintain the port (items that are not produced by the port). The owners can then set up buy contracts and let others fill the orders or fill them themselves. This will generate worthwhile work for traders and more traffic on the OW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Can you look at some stage of expanding on this so it is not just a cash payment for maintenance. Bring in something like a port requiring so many supplies of various sorts per week. Utilize some of the trading goods, have a whole list for each port of items that are required each week to maintain the port (items that are not produced by the port). The owners can then set up buy contracts and let others fill the orders or fill them themselves. This will generate worthwhile work for traders and more traffic on the OW.

Maybe do a flat maintenance few for the port just to keep it running but any improvements cost donations of certain goods to keep them at those levels or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Alts
As we only need to solve problem of alts interfering in OW and PBs we needed a simple and quick fix. We do not need a convoluted and complicated system of war companies and such. 

  • As a result. 
  • Clans will be able to set friendly status for other clans in their nation (up to 15 clans). Current clans and their historical names will remain intact. 
  • Diplomat role will be added and clan founder and diplomats will be able to set this friendly status. 
  • Only clans listed as friendly will be able to enter port battles initiated by the clan.
  • Friendly status + battlegroups will keep alts from battles and port battles.

Will there be a delay on joining and leaving the alliances, i.e. will a clan be able to become friendly a few minutes before a port battle and then be able to join the battle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Will there be a delay on joining and leaving the alliances, i.e. will a clan be able to become friendly a few minutes before a port battle and then be able to join the battle?

Is there a need for such a delay?

In effect you won't see or know the difference unless you are part of such an agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Can you look at some stage of expanding on this so it is not just a cash payment for maintenance. Bring in something like a port requiring so many supplies of various sorts per week. Utilize some of the trading goods, have a whole list for each port of items that are required each week to maintain the port (items that are not produced by the port). The owners can then set up buy contracts and let others fill the orders or fill them themselves. This will generate worthwhile work for traders and more traffic on the OW.

I completely agree that there should be more -reasons- to trade stuff between ports. This would certainly help. Honestly 'center area'  towns should have a need to be supplied with basic resources from 'outer ring' towns to even be able to make their 'advanced resources'.

On a side note t.b.h. the amount of trade goods each port is able to sell should be dependant on the 'wealth' of the city. Which should be dependent on providing the needed supplies for consumption and for sending 'colonial' goods back to their respective home countries. Basically, a sort of proper economic model for towns.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skully said:

Is there a need for such a delay?

In effect you won't see or know the difference unless you are part of such an agreement.

I can see having a 24 hour delay  from time that a clan is removed from your friends list before you can declare war on them if they still allow same nation to fight over port owner ship.    This way some friendly clans can't boot one clan at the last moment from there list and than attack them.  Other wise the other thing would be to boot them before a port battle so they won't be involved in it.  Pretty much depending how the port battles are set I think the clans that can join should be set at that time.  Than again this can all be very interesting when certain clans turn on each other.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe do a flat maintenance few for the port just to keep it running but any improvements cost donations of certain goods to keep them at those levels or something.

I did post a thread in suggestions that had a more detailed suggestion for ports where ports started neutral at level 1 and once captured had to be built up with buildings, docks, fortifications etc all which required basic resources. As the buildings got built the port would level up to a maximum level and tied into that was trade resources weekly to maintain the port or it would de-level. Just a way to ensure that port owners did not just capture and forget a port set the tax rate and collect the money. Make the owner have to ensure the port is maintained.

The higher the port level the bigger the port battle e.g. a level 1 port may only need a 5v5 battle while a level 10 port would be a full 25v25 with varying battles in between. I thought it would add more interest in the ports and create more OW traffic with traders transporting goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skully said:

Is there a need for such a delay?

In effect you won't see or know the difference unless you are part of such an agreement.

I actually liked the idea of War Companies, I just see this loose grouping of clans as similar to the way we already play with organizing the defense just before the battle with last minute friend agreements, whereas with a War Company you had more identity which could be further developed later with the introduction of company flags/banners etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I can see having a 24 hour delay  from time that a clan is removed from your friends list before you can declare war on them if they still allow same nation to fight over port owner ship.    This way some friendly clans can't boot one clan at the last moment from there list and than attack them.  Other wise the other thing would be to boot them before a port battle so they won't be involved in it.  Pretty much depending how the port battles are set I think the clans that can join should be set at that time.  Than again this can all be very interesting when certain clans turn on each other.  

The updated version no longer speaks of being able to fight in Nation (through PBs).

@admin I think we could use clarification on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

Privateers operating from free towns near capitals, placed conveniently within 20 mins form each capital for a different reason (resource transport that was removed) completely destroy the opportunity to rebuild. You must stay in green waters otherwise you are dead.

Desperate privateers will just join a nation with good outpost possibilites so they can even teleport there and store ships there. Baracoa is a 5 minute sail to Mortimer, and is currently under Danish Control. I have never based any of my privateering out of a free port since the wipe, always a national port closeby.
TBH I don't really see a reason to choose the pirate faction at the moment. Sure, having the jolly roger is nice and all that... But I never liked the idea of having to sail for hours to a freeport in enemy lands, just to then have to sail back again to get new supplies.
The decision of removing the freeports alltogether made it even more unlogical for privateers to join the pirate faction.

I just hope NA Legends will be a good replacement for the PvP combat experience, because THAT is what I (and many others) truly love about the game.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Important. Within the zone of influence around the waters will be made extremely safe, by use of national reinforcements (a-la CONCORD) which will arrive to battles and defend the player in case he is attacked. The bigger the distance from capital the weaker reinforcements would be. Extremely skilled captains will still be able to sink the defender despite all odds, but it will give some breathing room to players to rebuild in case of multiple losses.

Unless their ship is saved by AI, you'll see many complaints.

Ultimately I see it as a false feature, because veterans simply ignore AI.

A4FDDA74114FB9D704AAA5EBBAB3B41FB72D0C3A

Here is Frenchies sinking a puppie and a "casual" player next to the Danish capital. I don't have the end shot, but it just took @C R E W a bit longer to get away and leave.

2 hours ago, admin said:

When online numbers were higher it was a lesser problem because of abundance of targets (some could pass through). When online fluctuates the only target is a new player.

Veterans need something to do away from capitals, so they would have no reason to go in there.

Otherwise, just let capitals fall. Absorb them into the conqueror and there is an instant puppie shelter.

Another option, but more difficult to convey, is making clear that usually the western end of the map is relatively safe.

Maybe even make it to the point that new players can only choose Spain or British. Freeze the west coast apart from 4 or 5 regions in the middle. And let the new players get a breather north west and south west. Once they have the ropes they can choose another Nation and join the fray on the rest of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

Snip

Clan stuff is decent.  We needed some more tools there.

Name change for servers again isn't a problem.

New player experience.  The capital area protection systems with NPC help, larger radius of protection probably would help.  I'd add perhaps creating "basic" cannons for 6lb and 9lb guns costing 0 with obviously significantly  lower dps.  Keep Freetowns.  They serve more than just newbie hunter ports.  If you look at global, you'll notice pirates have taken regions next to capitals.  This allows them easy access to attack newer players who don't realize the risks.  

And please retool the invisible and speed boosting after battles.  They'll help stop newb traps.  Personally i think revenge ganks wasn't worth the headache that this mechanic created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

As a result we would like to discuss the alternative solution for discussion

  • Change naming of servers to properly identify the style of play 
    • Easy (PvE only)
    • Hardcore Global
    • Hardcore EU

 

2 hours ago, admin said:

We can supply new players to game (10000 new players came to NA during last 3 months) but current system do not keep them. No-one stayed. 

When online numbers were higher it was a lesser problem because of abundance of targets (some could pass through). When online fluctuates the only target is a new player.

Changing the name of the servers won't help anything. They need to be merged into one server. You said yourself when online numbers are higher it was less of a problem for new players. You can fix this right now by merging the servers and bringing all of the 1000ish dedicated players together

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...