Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary discussion of the changes to conquest - clan wars are coming


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The US was a power during this time.  The War of 1812, proves that.  

Pirates should be removed as a nation and that topic has been broached several times already.  

Seeing as this games time frame is roughly from 1750-1825.   So with that stated, Pirates, Sweden and Denmark should not be nations, or even powers in this region.   

It should com down to 3 MAJOR factions with 2 minor factions.  Great Briton, Spain, and France as major players in the region.   United States and the VP should be minor powers in the region.  

ALL new characters should start in one of the three major nations.  Vets can choose to leave the 3 major powers and move out to the minor factions or go pirate which will be factionless.  

 

The Quasi War shows that the US was a larger player than the French in terms of Naval Power in the Game World area at this time period.  When including private vessels, the US had more than the French worldwide at this time, just not as numerous or powerful of a navy.  But this small navy in this small part of the world was able to defeat every French force it encountered except for on one account.  However, the French were able to capture up to 2,000 American merchant ships during the war.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Captains. We would like to share some information on the potential changes to conquest.  Current Problems New player experience is uneven and heavily depends on the nation you join.

current system does not work. If player joins spain on PVP Global he leaves like in 1-2 days. Because he sees that he can never win. Basic game design rule - if perceived chance to win the game is 0 t

another statement on the wipe There will be no wipe. only map reset. In fact there might be no wipes any more even on release. But its not a promise. 

Posted Images

@admin Lots of great discussion and ideas in this thread. I would just add that with possible capitol changes and map reset you may want to give everyone another set of Forged Papers in case players want to change nations for this new conquest system.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

QUESTION: What are the (unintended) consequences of these changes to PvE? 

It's all so obviously intended to address PvP issues but AFAIK it's still just one program for both PvP and PvE.  Is there a PvE impact? Taxes perhaps (some clan gets a big head and tries to scam everyone else into paying taxes)??

 

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, Hodo said:

Pirates should be removed as a nation and that topic has been broached several times already. 

ALL new characters should start in one of the three major nations.  Vets can choose to leave the 3 major powers and move out to the minor factions or go pirate which will be factionless.  

 

Seems reasonable to me that any player should be able to change to Pirate at any time.  It is what happened in the era.

As for no nation for Pirates, that too seems reasonable but i suspect it would require a fair amount of code changes... just getting rid of the Admiralty would mean changing the entire permit process just for Pirates.  That might not be so bad from a historical sense (no permits, just what you can capture) but even basic code changes need testing and the Admiralty has a lot of features built into it.  Is it really a priority??

Edited by Genma Saotome
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez.  Just get rid of the Swedish, Danish , Dutch and USA nation.   Make them neutral and not playable.  Pirates should not be able to capture ports..make that a hard nation to be.

Simple.  3 nations like it was.  Spanish, British and French.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

Geez.  Just get rid of the Swedish, Danish , Dutch and USA nation.   Make them neutral and not playable.  Pirates should not be able to capture ports..make that a hard nation to be.

Simple.  3 nations like it was.  Spanish, British and French.   

If they do this. Spain will be destroyed in few weeks mate:D

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oleander said:

This is how I feel about it as well. Making Pirates a Nation where its player base can become a RA and have the ability to sail a 1st rate is a problem. If it were a faction where you had to gain a bad reputation to be branded a Pirate, you know like in real life, you could penalize them by giving them crew restrictions so they couldn't sail anything larger than say a 4th rate. But, I would also give them access to something like a "Pirate Refit" that allows them to put larger cannons on gun decks to help make it worth their while.

Pirates didnt use bigger cannons, if anything they had smaller cannons.  As cannons are often a military procurement item.  Cannons over a set class was often VERY expensive and reserved for military ships.  Most civilian ships didnt even have 6lb guns, those would be the largest most expensive guns any civilian would often run.   

Most had 4lb or 2lb swivel guns. 

1 hour ago, Prater said:

The Quasi War shows that the US was a larger player than the French in terms of Naval Power in the Game World area at this time period.  When including private vessels, the US had more than the French worldwide at this time, just not as numerous or powerful of a navy.  But this small navy in this small part of the world was able to defeat every French force it encountered except for on one account.  However, the French were able to capture up to 2,000 American merchant ships during the war.

While true, France had also just gone through their revolution and many of their naval assets had been pulled back to France.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

I think you misunderstood. Taxation will coming from the game itself as a given. All ports will be taxed by governments. Stamp tax will be implemented on all transactions. 
If clan gets control over the port they will only be able to change it a bit.
Clans will only be able to make it a little bit higher or lower or zero. 

 

So the owner clans wont receive the money from tax?? Whats the point of taxes then? Just another money sink?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Red Dragon 13 said:

And will the tax be known beforehand, through trader tool or something?

Sail there and discover or ask the clan who set the tax.

If clan which owns the region wants others to use that region they will be minded to set fair taxation. But whats the point of having ability to set tax and not receive it??? Of course clans just reduce tax to the minimum and that will be the end of tax gameplay mechanic :( 

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeRuyter said:

@admin Lots of great discussion and ideas in this thread. I would just add that with possible capitol changes and map reset you may want to give everyone another set of Forged Papers in case players want to change nations for this new conquest system.

I'm sure they will. I'd be really surprised if they don't given how different things will be

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, admin said:

 

Coastal experience

  • Some capitals might be moved (with simple ID change so you don't have to reposition your resources). Or we can just move all assets players have to redeemables to give more options. 
  • Free towns will be removed from the coasts
  • Reinforcements in coastal ports will come back to game (as fleets no longer give xp)
    • to those who don't remember this is how they worked
      • If BR of enemy was higher than yours if you were attacked near your national port, the port would send you the support equal to the difference between your BR and enemy BR.
      • For example - if you were in a surprise and were attacked by two surprises port would send you 1 surprise to support you in battle (which you could command)
  • Potentially clans will be able to invest into improving port reinforcements class

SO the goal of this game is to facilitate port battles then? and anyone who doesn't like port battles needs to wait for naval action legends? if your not willing to spend hours and hours of your day herding 24 cats to be sure you are prepped and ready for a port battle then this is not the game for you?

Seriously you have already made open world pvp almost impossible via fortress everywhere ai fleets in open world and laser guided stern guns. so now if we want to open world pvp we will all have to split up into solo groups and use rattlesnakes so that we don't get 5 connies called in on our head.  but anyway thanks for letting us know the direction your wanting to take the game. lets see if you stick with it. or if this is just another feature we put in for a month then take out...... such as...... fine woods, pvp marks, pvp event, battle screen teleports, teleport to Freeport, teleport to capital, storms in battles

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

SO the goal of this game is to facilitate port battles then? and anyone who doesn't like port battles needs to wait for naval action legends? if your not willing to spend hours and hours of your day herding 24 cats to be sure you are prepped and ready for a port battle then this is not the game for you?

Seriously you have already made open world pvp almost impossible via fortress everywhere ai fleets in open world and laser guided stern guns. so now if we want to open world pvp we will all have to split up into solo groups and use rattlesnakes so that we don't get 5 connies called in on our head.  but anyway thanks for letting us know the direction your wanting to take the game. lets see if you stick with it. or if this is just another feature we put in for a month then take out...... such as...... fine woods, pvp marks, pvp event, battle screen teleports, teleport to Freeport, teleport to capital, storms in battles

It is pretty sad that I do have to agree with King of Crowns on this one.  

While I am not a port battle fan, I find this new direction pretty "out of the blue".  And typical of the development of this game.  It has been a very shotgun approach to development like a kid with ADHD telling a story.   

Oh Crowns... PVP Events were in the game for 2 months, and you forgot treasure fleet wreck events with the hints getting dropped randomly at sea.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koltes said:

So the owner clans wont receive the money from tax?? Whats the point of taxes then? Just another money sink?

Make already weak Nations pay ton of taxes on basic products to make it even more painful for them... making player switch Nations again or leave the game bored by this i guess...
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Pirates didnt use bigger cannons, if anything they had smaller cannons.  As cannons are often a military procurement item.  Cannons over a set class was often VERY expensive and reserved for military ships.  Most civilian ships didnt even have 6lb guns, those would be the largest most expensive guns any civilian would often run.   

Most had 4lb or 2lb swivel guns. 

That's true, but I was throwing them a bone if limiting their rank was on the table. Also considering the number of civilian vs naval ships in the game it would make since that they would have access to bigger guns here.

I just hope that whatever gets decided has a lot more planning and testing applied to it than what we've been given thus far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hodo said:

First tell me one pirate who actually used a ship bigger than the Queen Ann's Revenge, which was a corvette 5th rate, or about the size of the Cerberus/Renomee.   And I am not talking a one off use, I am talking as their ACTUAL flag ship.   

Most pirates sailed around in armed merchant vessels of 6th rate and 7th rate classes.  Brigs, and Schooners.  

Why?  Because they were cheap, easily available, and the MOST common vessel on the sea.   And no one looked twice at a brig sailing through an area.  People tend to get a little worried when a armed military frigate comes sailing on their aft quarter.   

I think the pirate frigate should go away personally and bring back the rattlesnake for pirates.  

You do know this is a game right?  So not everything has to be historically correct.  If your going that route the majority of these captains would never see a SOL in there life time and would only captain a few ships and prob mostly around the same class of ship.  I still love how every one wants to say how Pirates should be play but they don't want to restrict the nationals play one bit and they are even more none historical too.

4 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I´d prefer the removal of several nations that strange and fictional new locations.

Also we lack the playerbase to make them choice 8 factions. Dont you see this fact when you look at the map of both servers?

 

They honestly should of did this with the wipe.  I know a lot of folks bitch it would make say DUTCH to strong if they merge them with Swedes and Danes, but those players should have the option to pick other nations instead.   Remember folks we are still in a testing phase of a game in development and alpha stage still.  Any thing can change and will prob change.  I think 3 nations like POTBS had was two small, but 5 seems a more reasonable amount to give you more of a conflict and struggle in game.

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

ALL new characters should start in one of the three major nations.  Vets can choose to leave the 3 major powers and move out to the minor factions or go pirate which will be factionless. 

They should still have the option toe pick 5, but I still think Pirates should be a Faction that you join in game and can't start as and through a use of Reputation system and as a means from leaving one nation to go join another too.

3 hours ago, oleander said:

This is how I feel about it as well. Making Pirates a Nation where its player base can become a RA and have the ability to sail a 1st rate is a problem. If it were a faction where you had to gain a bad reputation to be branded a Pirate, you know like in real life, you could penalize them by giving them crew restrictions so they couldn't sail anything larger than say a 4th rate. But, I would also give them access to something like a "Pirate Refit" that allows them to put larger cannons on gun decks to help make it worth their while.

The biggest problem with all these guys trying to say how pirates should be is they aren't pirates so they want to give tons of restrictions and not benificts to being a pirate.  This is a game after all and there should be some sort of check and balance between the nations.  There should be some pro and cons for playing either National or Pirate if it was ever made just not another RvR nation.   Right now the Devs have no plans to make pirates anything other than another nation so folks should just get off that band wagon.

2 hours ago, Genma Saotome said:

Seems reasonable to me that any player should be able to change to Pirate at any time.  It is what happened in the era.

As for no nation for Pirates, that too seems reasonable but i suspect it would require a fair amount of code changes... just getting rid of the Admiralty would mean changing the entire permit process just for Pirates.  That might not be so bad from a historical sense (no permits, just what you can capture) but even basic code changes need testing and the Admiralty has a lot of features built into it.  Is it really a priority??

They honestly need to do something with pirates, but by what we hear that is no where in the future and they want to get all the Conquest/RvR and nation stuff done before they touch that.  So we won't see any changes to pirates for a long time if what we have been told by the Devs so far (which is very little).   

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kanay said:

Make already weak Nations pay ton of taxes on basic products to make it even more painful for them... making player switch Nations again or leave the game bored by this i guess...
 

Taxation If its done in a sensible way helps the owner to provide and maintain facility which outsiders can use and benefit from. If the benefits are enough they should cover the taxes and other expenses so everyone in the economy chain benefit from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The biggest problem with all these guys trying to say how pirates should be is they aren't pirates so they want to give tons of restrictions and not benificts to being a pirate.

What benefits would you want for pirates? I said limit the rank but give them special refits or perks that others can't have that make them a bit stronger. But, like you said if the devs have no interest in making Pirates less than a nation there's no since in talking about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koltes said:

So the owner clans wont receive the money from tax?? Whats the point of taxes then? Just another money sink?

Zero or lower taxes theoretically SHOULD stimulate more trade because traders obviously can make a higher profit...   Therefore, what's SUPPOSED to happen is that a booming economy boosts the clans traders, i.e.--  they can sell and buy and make more "stuff"...  In addition, the devs spokes ambiguously of "war companies" being able to make port "improvements".. Those cost money.  But also protect your investment. So.....  

With this population, I'm not sure it will play out like that though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oleander said:

What benefits would you want for pirates? I said limit the rank but give them special refits or perks that others can't have that make them a bit stronger. But, like you said if the devs have no interest in making Pirates less than a nation there's no since in talking about it.

One way is make capture ships a pirate only thing.  If you want to limit them to a level 2 or some level 1 ship yard (remember this is a game folks) and to 4-7th rate ships than you need to limit the nationals too.  Make it they can't capture and keep ships.   This could be just 4th rates and above, but it gives a balance of who can capture what.   As @Hodo said give  Pirates the Rattlesnake as a pirate only ship. I would add Niagara to this too cause this with the Pirate Frigate would make Pirates the master of the 5-7th rates and since Nationals get the SOL's they will be the master of the 4th to 1st rates.  

If pirates where to get some special pirate only perk it should be limited to only ships of 5-7th rates.  Maybe a slight speed, turn rate and boarding boost like the perk pre patch but only works on those ships classes.   Though I would prefer to keep away from magical perks and such.   The Devs could easily make a few pirate version of all ready in game ships.  Use the same skin but change some of the stats and guns restrictions on them and now you have pirate ships.  Have them be crafted by a pirate taking a ship of that type and doing a refit of it. You capture a frigate and take it back to your home port and you refit it and it becomes a Pirate Frigate.

Another restriction I would do in game for ALL nations and factions is limit what ships can port into what port.  SOL's can only enter Line ship ports and port up.  Up to 4the rates in all other ports except shallows.  Shallows should be only the 5th/6th rates.    This way when you pull up to a normal 4th rate port you can suddenly have 25 SOL"s pop out and attack your group and stop you from doing a port battle.   So this restriction can effect pirates too.  As all pirate havens (pirate ports) except a few will be 4th rate and below so that pirates can only keep captured SOL's in certain ports (kidds island would be a good place and Mort or captured ports of SOL status).

As for Pirates and Conquest system.  Really if you want to remove them from this they should be able to join other nations battles than as Privateers with a LoM or just give them a proper raid system where they instead get to raid a port for a few days and not keep it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have not seen a reasonable response by anyone to the question of how PVP would be managed when players from a hostile nation take control of your own nation's capital port or regional ports. If La Habana, Cartagena, etc. are controlled by a hostile foreign nation's war clan, and they are able to use those Spanish ports as bases for thier own clan members, what protection would spanish players, particularly the newest ones,  have from being constantly harassed, ganked or otherwise molested by fleets of hostile ships based in their own home waters? The admin mentioned that new players joining spain left within 1-2 days, how would this new system reduce that attrition rate, and how would it increase the playability and most especially the enjoyment of the game for new players coming online for the first time?  Designing a game for a small group of hardcore PVP/RVR fanatics is not necessarily a bad idea, but there does need to be a mechanism in place that allows a new player to experience success within the game's OW and not just a string of frustrating defeats.

A possible answer to this problem that would be both simple and historically accurate would be the use of the guardship. Each port could be assigned a group of guardships based on the size and importance of the port itself. A national capital would have perhaps 2-4 ships of the line and 2-4 frigates as guardships. Regional capitals might have half of this number and smaller ports a single frigate only. These ships would be permanenetly, and visibly anchored (or somehow restricted) so that they would at all times remain in close proximity to the port entrance. Thier function would be to prevent or at least help mitigate bad behavior by foreign war companies against the host nations shipping and would give new (and old) players some protection from attack by foreign war companies as they enter and leave harbor. These ships would also help protect the interest of the war companies themselves by detering individual company captains from going rogue and disrupting the trade and corresponding tax base of the port. 

Edited by The Old Pretender
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

*snip*

That all makes sense to me, and I'd love to see them move in that direction. Guess we'll see if they have any will to change or not.

 I was thinking about dock sizes earlier and not just having shallow or deepwater ports, but let actual dock size determine what ships can be stored there, ie what class of ship.

Raiding would also be a nice addition and would make more sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koltes said:

Taxation If its done in a sensible way helps the owner to provide and maintain facility which outsiders can use and benefit from. If the benefits are enough they should cover the taxes and other expenses so everyone in the economy chain benefit from it.

Will you invest a lot in let's say production buildings in areas that will regularly change of owner with taxes going up and down depending who owns them ( and yet we don't even know if the owner have a cooldown to change the tax itself or if he can set a different taxes rating each 2 days ) ? No stability at all for the possible owners and the areas themselves since they refuse to put a long cooldown either on flags raising or a cooldown for the possibility to switch a city once it have fall to one faction, like if a flag is raised against a city and the defenders win the PB the attacking faction cannot raise another flag for 2 or 3 weeks again for this region after failing, if one faction conquest a city it gets a cooldown of 2 weeks before anyone can raise a flag for it etc... We will also probably end up with Nations working together, if one fails to conquer the other raise a flag and try again the next day and end up with some city under constant flag raising ... having a cooldown of 3-4 days or even a week is nothing ...

All this on a area that will become mainly a pvp ground making the hauling very risky as this is the primary goal of those changes, makes essential resources in the middle of the map and all Nations constantly fighting for the same grounds in a pvp area right in the center of the map, an area where traders will be the main preys to create a pretend of pvp at traders expense as this game always done patch after patch raising middle fingers to traders...

Who will benefit of this is the biggest clans able to conquest, keep the territories and efficiently defend them interests in the area, others will just undergo a massive instability for market and possible investments done there + lot of risks going to the center of the map to get the resources they need to just craft , not even speaking of regular trading to make more or less profit...

Can also be used to just make other Nations already weaker suffer more from this,  they will be forced to go there anyways as essential resources will be found there and only there apparently ...





 

Edited by Kanay
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You do know this is a game right?  So not everything has to be historically correct.  If your going that route the majority of these captains would never see a SOL in there life time and would only captain a few ships and prob mostly around the same class of ship.  I still love how every one wants to say how Pirates should be play but they don't want to restrict the nationals play one bit and they are even more none historical too.

They honestly should of did this with the wipe.  I know a lot of folks bitch it would make say DUTCH to strong if they merge them with Swedes and Danes, but those players should have the option to pick other nations instead.   Remember folks we are still in a testing phase of a game in development and alpha stage still.  Any thing can change and will prob change.  I think 3 nations like POTBS had was two small, but 5 seems a more reasonable amount to give you more of a conflict and struggle in game.

They should still have the option toe pick 5, but I still think Pirates should be a Faction that you join in game and can't start as and through a use of Reputation system and as a means from leaving one nation to go join another too.

The biggest problem with all these guys trying to say how pirates should be is they aren't pirates so they want to give tons of restrictions and not benificts to being a pirate.  This is a game after all and there should be some sort of check and balance between the nations.  There should be some pro and cons for playing either National or Pirate if it was ever made just not another RvR nation.   Right now the Devs have no plans to make pirates anything other than another nation so folks should just get off that band wagon.

They honestly need to do something with pirates, but by what we hear that is no where in the future and they want to get all the Conquest/RvR and nation stuff done before they touch that.  So we won't see any changes to pirates for a long time if what we have been told by the Devs so far (which is very little).   

There are plenty of pirates who want pirate mechanics.

Rattlesnake and Niagara shouldn't be pirate only.  These aren't even pirate ships.  Rattlesnake fills in as a common ship sloop/sloop of war and niagara fills in as the common lake brig used by the Americans and British.  

 

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

SO the goal of this game is to facilitate port battles then? and anyone who doesn't like port battles needs to wait for naval action legends? if your not willing to spend hours and hours of your day herding 24 cats to be sure you are prepped and ready for a port battle then this is not the game for you?

Seriously you have already made open world pvp almost impossible via fortress everywhere ai fleets in open world and laser guided stern guns. so now if we want to open world pvp we will all have to split up into solo groups and use rattlesnakes so that we don't get 5 connies called in on our head.  but anyway thanks for letting us know the direction your wanting to take the game. lets see if you stick with it. or if this is just another feature we put in for a month then take out...... such as...... fine woods, pvp marks, pvp event, battle screen teleports, teleport to Freeport, teleport to capital, storms in battles

If all the important resources are in the middle of the map, they aren't coastal regions, but island regions, is how I take it.  So maybe most of the pvp will return to La Tortue/La Navasse area.  Hunters will hunt traders sailing these waters trying to get the important resources.  Which important resources though?  I'd say 7-5th rate resources must be readily available around capitals otherwise shipbuilding is going to be a pain.  Maybe 1-4 rates have resources required in the middle areas.  Maybe they bring back copper and put it in the middle and bring back building copper plating.  We will have to see if it turns out this way or not.

 

Edited by Prater
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Prater said:

There are plenty of pirates who want pirate mechanics.

Rattlesnake and Niagara shouldn't be pirate only.  These aren't even pirate ships.  Rattlesnake fills in as a common ship sloop/sloop of war and niagara fills in as the common lake brig used by the Americans and British.  

Yah and I'm one of them, but Nationals shouldn't be telling me how to play my pirate and they shouldn't be coming up with mechanics that only punish pirates.  Notice I always try to add in some pro and cons for Pirates and Nationals when I talk about Pirate mechanics (like pirates can only capture ships, nationals can't).  Other wise you have a bunch of nationals playing like pirates but in there big SOL's cause they don't have the restrictions of ships like folks want for pirates.  There should be restrictions on Nationals side too.

As for the ships what ships are pirates ships?  This is a game and they should have some special pirate only ships if they are going to limit them in some way and if only Nationals can craft and own SOL's that aren't captured.  Personally I think Rattlesnake should be a ship every one gets.  The Heavy Rattler should be a Pirate refit just like the Pirate Frigate is a pirate only ship.  Than put a limit that any national using such ships should be treated as a pirate if they capture them and keep them.    Just like any pirates that steal a SOL would be hunted by any Nationals out there to take it away and if you restrict ships from porting into ports according to harbor types there are only certain places that they can port in that SOL it gives nationals chance to get it back.  Say Kidd's is the only deep water port Pirates own that isn't capturable, the player has to get that SOl back to that port or one that there Company Captured from a National to port it in.

This will piss off @Hodo, but I think that new Xebec should also be a pirate only ship.  No one is saying you can't get a pirate to build one for you or capture one, it should be a pirate only option to craft.   Maybe turn the level 1/2 ships yards into Pirate Yards that has limits on what they can build in those shipyards over what a National can build in there level 1-3's, but no national can build a pirate ship no matter what (can't even learn the BP).

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanay said:

Will you invest a lot in let's say production buildings in areas that will regularly change of owner with taxes going up and down depending who owns them ( and yet we don't even know if the owner have a cooldown to change the tax itself or if he can set a different taxes rating each 2 days )?
Yes I would, if this still a profitable business. Why not? Taxes should be set for some period of time like a week or 2 weeks.
On top of that Workshop and Shipyard needs to be 10 times more expensive to build and must be clan's effort. Once built by the clan everyone can use for a fee. Clan members use for free or for small tax, while outsiders could pay normal usage/rent fee.
Defending such ports that the whole nation is using will be in the interest of the whole nation.


No stability at all for the possible owners and the areas themselves since they refuse to put a long cooldown either on flags raising or a cooldown for the possibility to switch a city once it have fall to one faction, like if a flag is raised against a city and the defenders win the PB the attacking faction cannot raise another flag for 2 or 3 weeks again for this region after failing, if one faction conquest a city it gets a cooldown of 2 weeks before anyone can raise a flag for it etc... We will also probably end up with Nations working together, if one fails to conquer the other raise a flag and try again the next day and end up with some city under constant flag raising ... having a cooldown of 3-4 days or even a week is nothing ...
No need to have cooldown on conquest if the conquest is done properly, e.g. to conquer you must declare war or be at war. The actual conquering land process is lengthy and takes number of days. As alternative region can be raided as easier, faster option, but the owner only looses access temporarily (for 3 days)


All this on a area that will become mainly a pvp ground making the hauling very risky as this is the primary goal of those changes, makes essential resources in the middle of the map and all Nations constantly fighting for the same grounds in a pvp area right in the center of the map, an area where traders will be the main preys to create a pretend of pvp at traders expense as this game always done patch after patch raising middle fingers to traders...
Which is totally fine. This is encourage of team work, trade caravans, escort hire etc. BLACK already doing this on a clan level. Once in a while we would organize 10+ traders to haul goods needed for the clan. No different


Who will benefit of this is the biggest clans able to conquest, keep the territories and efficiently defend them interests in the area, others will just undergo a massive instability for market and possible investments done there + lot of risks going to the center of the map to get the resources they need to just craft , not even speaking of regular trading to make more or less profit...
Not true. Making permanent land only produce small amounts and inability to have upgraded buildings/workshop/shipyard will result solo players seeking better option among large clans. Those clan will only benefit when other players will use their assets so naturally we introduce competition among clans of one nation that will keep prices down. Solo players though harder to survive without help will still get access to everything thought markets, renting facilities etc.


Can also be used to just make other Nations already weaker suffer more from this,  they will be forced to go there anyways as essential resources will be found there and only there apparently ...
Yes to a certain extend. But you have to remember 1 clan = 1 region. How many regions can be claimed if we only have handful of clans in comparison? They could conquer the land, but not claim it to be their Base of Operations or their own. For the clan to grow they need to create sub clan that will own another land. It will become self controlling. No point to create sub-clan if itself can't conquer / hold territory.

 

Edited by koltes
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...