Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary discussion of the changes to conquest - clan wars are coming

2 minutes ago, Aventador said:

This means no more taking regions correct?

regions won't change national ownership 
only the controlling chartered war company changes.. 

it will look like this:

Havana region

• Nation Spain
  • Controlling company - Hanseatic League
  • Governor: Con Shonnery
  • Tax rate 5% 

If another clan conquers it it will look like this

Havana region

• Nation Spain
  • Controlling company: East India Company
  • Governor: Shon Connery
  • Tax rate: 25% 
  • Like 6

Just now, Bearwall said:

But is this the end of RvR?

As I see it, and I may be wrong, it's the end of port flipping, changing colors on the map, but war companies will battle for control of ports. Winning control gives you the ability to tax and choose who can enter/use that port.  I believe but may be wrong.  Personally, I'm not into RVR, just glad it will not change OW PVP. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, admin said:

it will look like this:

Havana region

• Nation Spain
  • Tax rate 5% 

Havana region

• Nation Spain

Will we be seeing a map reset then i'm assuming?

2 minutes ago, admin said:

it will look like this:

Havana region

• Nation Spain
  • Tax rate 5% 

Havana region

• Nation Spain

So why then have national  entities at all? It will essentially make RvR a purely clanbased activity and gl for the smaller clans..

EDIT: If this change to the RvR system is followed through then I'd  like to see complete freedom in OW - the ability to attack anything and everyone. And if anyone is wondering - no I don't like other people, yes I do like to burn your ships, homes and ports. But I do not like making RvR obsolete.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, koltes said:

Make Chartered War clan an alliance of clans of one nation where leading clan is the creator of chartered war alliance.

Allow clans of a same nation to join or quit such alliances

What do you think about:

1. Seasonal pass to Chartered War tools for your Clan. Clan leader will be able to purchase seasonal pass for his clan and participate in war and help other Chartered Clans without disbanding.

2. Permanent Chartered War Company. Build from the ground up only for war purposes.  

Edited by Lordicious

2 minutes ago, admin said:

it will look like this:

Havana region

• Nation Spain
  • Tax rate 5% 

Havana region

• Nation Spain

If this is the case, a map reset is probably a must, will you resign port ownership so that they are distributed equally?

And also, if you are in the process of making a huge change to nations, Please consider a unique mechanic for the pirates!

3 minutes ago, admin said:

it will look like this:

Havana region

• Nation Spain
  • Tax rate 5% 

Havana region

• Nation Spain

I actually really like this.

Now the issue may be "what nation gets to own what." Or again, with clans NOT participating in port battle fighting be able to enter any port as you say and to ANY activity?

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

What about free towns? We need somehow to be able to reach other regions all around the map... This will make borders not important anymore, though. 

I agree, time it takes to travel will not benefit this new addition. Devs need to speed up OS travel or add tools to quickly move between world. 

Hmm wondering what happens if the biggest company owns almost every port in the map with taxes 25% ??? Every one else who belongs not to this company will have big problems then ...

• Like 2

RVR is a good thing - I want to be able destroy the King's enemies and take their ports. It's sort of role play/immersion for me. Without that.....the game loses a lot of its purpose (IMHO).

Inter-clan fighting aka Civil War is a good thing too. We need to be able to combat 'rogue' clans.

We need both forms of warfare.

If you want to have 'war companies' then treat them as mercenaries that can be hired by Nations (national clans). Separate them from any national connection.

BUT....really this  whole 'war company' and 'clan war' idea is getting far too far away from any historical basis (in this period and geography) and is making the game a fantasy game. Nothing wrong with that but let's be honest about it and say the game is based in an alternate universe and is not meant to historically based any more.

• Like 1

Please consider: Dont make capital regions player controlled. Thats where new players start and get used to the game. I fear that vet players will capture capital region and palce horrendous taxes there while they stay far away with their own cheap taxes and use the capital region as milkcow.

You have the data @admin do new players move a lot? how long the stay in the capital region before they move out to explore? How long they need to get used to the game?

New players should be protected.

Because of that consider to not make every resource available at the capital region like it is now. PLayers should get used to the building and crafting system but then they have to go out and seek for resources. In my opinion that currently a huge problem of the game. For a beginner the game should focus around the capital but Vets should get pulled away from there.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 10

9 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

So we are going to have 2 types of clan?

- regular clan where you can go in any port, do regular pvp against foreign nation and

- war companies where you can own a port and where you can do Port Battle against whoever you want.

yes

8 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

As the nation a port belongs to will not change, will there be a map reset with this?

yes once this feature is done map will be reset

6 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:
  1. Does it mean that there are allowed clan wars? I would like it. We often hear and meet with a term "rogue" clan in nation
  2. Can clans form the charted war company together or does it have to be one clan? Otherwise, it will lead to lots of merges between clans to form a "zerg" clans. Please allow semi-alliance between clans, so forming the company together
  3. Can you explain how access to ports will work for everyone?
  4. How attacking players from same nation will work? Please, explain. 

1 Yes - you can attack any chartered war company even if it is in your own nation
2 Not sure  - because mechanic is different new company have to be created
3 Access is under consideration.. there are 2 options. war companies can only enter their nation ports and ports their war company control (hardcore) - or they can enter any ports their nation and their national war companies control and ports that other companies allowed them to enter .. this is still under consideration
4 Attacking players from the same nation will only work if you are both members of different chartered war companies

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

How would OW pvp work?

Would it be possible to attack own nations members? So is everything a outlaw battle then?

How does conquest work with this idea, is it still AI grinding?

Described above
Conquest (because clans decide what to conquer) can be moved to flag system with modified place timer (much longer timer than before) to give time to counter. 
But we are still discussion options
which are

• Open conquest - buy a flag start a port battle (but it is placed for 30 mins to allow time to react)
  • Staged conquest - you place a flag and port battle happen next day 
  • Defensive timers can come back as well. Clan determines the 3 hour window when they can be attacked but can be attacked any time. 
  • other ideas are considered too. based on flags or war supplies. 
  • Like 5

Can I be in a clan AND a war company at the same time?

I think that needs to be how it works, if it's not already.

e.g.

Player: Teutonic. Clan: BORK. War Company: The French Legion.
Player: Slamz. Clan: PURGE. War Company: The French Legion.
Player: The Red Duke. Clan: ROVER. War Company: The French Legion.

We're all in our separate clans but we're in the same war company. We have our clan warehouse, clan roster and business-as-usual but we are also in a war company for purposes of RvR.

If this is NOT how it works then frankly I do not like the idea at all. Running a clan is a big deal. Lots of different personalities, forums, rules, etc. Requiring small clans to officially merge isn't gonna fly.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

What about free towns? We need somehow to be able to reach other regions all around the map... This will make borders not important anymore, though. 

you will be able conquer free towns too and tax them and potentially lock entry to enemy corps.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Please consider: Dont make capital regions player controlled. Thats where new players start and get used to the game. I fear that vet players will capture capital region and palce horrendous taxes there while they stay far away with their own cheap taxes and use the capital region as milkcow.

You have the data @admin do new players move a lot? how long the stay in the capital region before they move out to explore? How long they need to get used to the game?

New players should be proceted.

Because of that consider to not make every resource available at the capital region like it is now. PLayers should get used to the building and crafting system but then they have to go out and seek for resources. In my opinion that currently a huge problem of the game. For a beginner the game should focus around the capital but Vets should get pulled away from there.

I would agree but maybe remove the tax option on capitals and have the other options available

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

A BIG NO.

If this game aims to be realistic, wars in the XVIII century were among nations, not between small groups.

current system does not work. If player joins spain on PVP Global he leaves like in 1-2 days. Because he sees that he can never win. Basic game design rule - if perceived chance to win the game is 0 the fun falls to 0 immediately. 

• Like 23

I like the general sound of the proposals but one big issue I can see is with regards to the warehouse. As another clan even from the same nation can take over the region and get what is in the warehouse, it means there will be a lot of "night flipping". Its bad enough now trying to protect a port round the clock with a whole nation let alone when you only have your clan to do it.

3 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Can I be in a clan AND a war company at the same time?

I think that needs to be how it works, if it's not already.

e.g.

Player: Teutonic. Clan: BORK. War Company: The French Legion.
Player: Slamz. Clan: PURGE. War Company: The French Legion.
Player: The Red Duke. Clan: ROVER. War Company: The French Legion.

We're all in our separate clans but we're in the same war company. We have our clan warehouse, clan roster and business-as-usual but we are also in a war company for purposes of RvR.

If this is NOT how it works then frankly I do not like the idea at all. Running a clan is a big deal. Lots of different personalities, forums, rules, etc. Requiring small clans to officially merge isn't gonna fly.

I believe that's how it will work but may be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

This system is going to make absurdily complex the conquests. This clan wars arent needed at all, enough drama already in nations.

But it makes its amazingly easy and a bit more stable for new players. New system basically separates normal players from hardcore RVR players without interfering with each other's goals. Normal players just want to play, rvr players want to conquer. Everyone will be happy as a result. 

• Like 11