Game-Labs Forum

Force vs. Peacetreaty. Which works better?

Bach

Im curious to figure out how the game social dynamic works better.

In different instances Nations have tried to generate situations where we PvP our neighbors but don't RvR them. Mixed levels of success and I'm not really sure which actually worked better.

Pirates moved into the USA and took Georgia. This then determined terms for PvP with a weaker nation where the Pirates simply chose not the take more ports. Is this more preferable to a treaty that stipulated PvP on the OW but restricted RvR?  Pirates essentially used this same method on GB.

Denmark chose to protect Sweden in RvR by treaty that allowed for PvP.  But did this actually work well or not? It may have but there are so few Swedes it's hard to tell.

France chose to not take Dutch ports but to just PvP with them on the sea. No treaty and no show of RvR force to determine terms. From forum posts it appears this method did not work. In fact it probably turned out to be the worst of the three as there was never any clear expectations set.

to be honest I am leaning that the Pirates simple and direct method works best. Though it's arguable the Dane treaty helped the Swedes it's difficult for new players or even transferring clans to play with existing treaties pinning them down.  The pirate method doesn't pin anyone down. You simply break out of it when strong enough.  The treaty version has no flexible way to get out of it.

If I had to do it again I honestly think the Dutch would have appreciated it more had the French just moved in and took a county like the Pirates had done.  How would you go about setting up a PvP with RvR restriction situation and what are your thoughts on them?

The problem with treaty in a mulit clan national game is that not every one is going to follow them.

Pirates and Danes have had a long standing alliance between BLACK and CCCP/CN that has never been broken and it doesn't involve any ow other agreements. It's flat out no fighting each other and protect each others back from the other nations.  I think when you make it to complicated is where these other nations are having problems.

• Like 2

Pirates do not have the notion of Nation, only the mechanic. :D

Each Pirate Clan has a KoS list, which has Clans listed, not Nations. The lists keeps track of all relationships which each Clan. They also don't publicize their lists, because why should they. :P

Nationals still think along the lines of Nation - Nation. If there is a treaty with Swedish then I expect not be attacked by Swedish. Same for any form of non-written agreement.
But it has been proven over and over that individuals or Clans will have different ideas and thus go their own way.

And then all of a sudden some National, preferably a puppie, attacks another National and all gloves are off. :lol:

The game can never provide a mechanic that provides this kind of flexibility. It might be able to provide simple building blocks though in the form of Clan - Clan RoE and then colors on OW. But it should not go beyond that.

17 minutes ago, Skully said:

The game can never provide a mechanic that provides this kind of flexibility. It might be able to provide simple building blocks though in the form of Clan

Wait for it. Details soon.