Game-Labs Forum

News Flash! Denmark Pearl Harbors France

Slamz

I hope you and your friends and informants realize @Landomatic that I don't control the nation. I find it hilarious how that seems to be a sticking point when it is just not true. I don't control PURGE or WO or ROVER or FRN etc, etc. Even now each clan states what they do and other clans decide to follow or not. 

I have played in sweden, france, pirate and spain, the later 2 being more like vacations. The only time you could say I ever "controlled" a nation was way back in early 2016 in sweden because we were the only clan and even then I had a group who helped make decisions. I have never led 100% led a nation and I don't begin to fool myself in believing that. Whoever you're "advisor" is talking about me doesn't know who I am, sorry bud. Go ask KoC, Slamz, Vardon, any of them. I may be pushy, but I don't tell them what their clan can and cannot do.

But hey, lets see if you guys are any different this time and pvp. 

Our Lord knows, oh He knows, how many countless times we had to bite our greed and resist the temptations of peeking, just a little peek, at the honest and trustworthy CCCP trading guild convoys cargo holds...

Karma pays off and every playstyle will be fulfilled in earnest. Willingly or unwilling, we shall have our prizes and let the lord of the realm seek their glory, for each seeks to win which he lacks the most.

( really,  was damn hard to let them pass like fat and full bellies oceanic cetaceans... just because we gave our word to fulfill the agreement.)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Look where your shotgun diplomacy landed you? 

In the middle of tremendously fun PvP, surrounded by other clans who like PvP, with the last of peacenik surrender-monkeys having finally used their forged papers to switch nations?

I'm not saying I planned this.

...but I'm not saying I didn't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I hope you and your friends and informants realize @Landomatic that I don't control the nation. I find it hilarious how that seems to be a sticking point when it is just not true. I don't control PURGE or WO or ROVER or FRN etc, etc. Even now each clan states what they do and other clans decide to follow or not. 

I have played in sweden, france, pirate and spain, the later 2 being more like vacations. The only time you could say I ever "controlled" a nation was way back in early 2016 in sweden because we were the only clan and even then I had a group who helped make decisions. I have never led 100% led a nation and I don't begin to fool myself in believing that. Whoever you're "advisor" is talking about me doesn't know who I am, sorry bud. Go ask KoC, Slamz, Vardon, any of them. I may be pushy, but I don't tell them what their clan can and cannot do.

But hey, lets see if you guys are any different this time and pvp. 

"Give us common folk one taste of power, we’re like the lion who tasted man. Nothing is ever so sweet again." - Varys

I don't know, you or your clan threw a pretty big fit when CCCP didn't recognize your 'position' as diplo for France over 'he who can't be named.' Unfortunately given the recent displays of behavior from your provided list of references (as of this morning someone who thinks aiming racial slurs at chinese are ok, an agitator, and a spying traitor) I'll take the word of our informants and players who've sailed with you before in those previous nations. When queried they had lots to say about you and your clanmates inline with our own perceptions and your actions in France.  Which is really unfortunate as it was quite a lot of fun to 'Bork' all over voicecomms with you guys. 

26 minutes ago, Slamz said:

In the middle of tremendously fun PvP, surrounded by other clans who like PvP, with the last of peacenik surrender-monkeys having finally used their forged papers to switch nations?

I'm not saying I planned this.

...but I'm not saying I didn't.

You finally made me laugh.  I love it.  We were the peaceniks who, when asked for conquest assistance in the defense and expedition of France were met with resounding answers from the Bork & Purge with things like:

"That's too far to sail."

"We'll be outnumbered, and we won't win."

"That's too early in the morning."

"We don't want to lose our ships."

"They have more players than we do."

"Taking that port doesn't make any sense."

We peaceniked enough to force the Danes to the negotiating table while France was still trying to figure out who 'should' be in charge. When CQM mattered for a few weeks, you didn't mind the 'peaceniking' we achieved when you guys were rolling in the marks from port flips we negotiated.  But I imagine, we can probably go back and forth on this for days.  You guys are excellent Captains despite all this.  Maybe not diplomats, but definitely good Captains. Regardless, I look forward to the contest with you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

This is the one thing I never heard from any of the fighting groups of France.

You weren't on our TS, and to their credit it was shortly after the megapatch when ship production was more limited.

8 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Coming from the folks who said that nation flippers are the worst and they themselves up and leave. Good riddence, you didn't contribute to anything and now instead of doing missions at FR, you will be doing them at christenstad.

Finally, now we can take and sink your ships. 

I'm hoping we can manage to ramp down on the personal stuff now that we don't have the easy avenues of nation chat and discord chat to perpetuate the constant bickering anymore. 

edit: I didn't realize that was posted 8 hours ago - somehow I got taken directly to it as if it was new

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

4 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Well, after the Pirates gave the Brits and the US a kicking a couple of weeks ago, I feared for some dull times on Global. Thanks to the French and now the Danes, along with the pirates its now on for young n old. Huzzah. (oh and brits get yer thumb out yer bum and lets get into the fight)

Hell even one US clan ran up some Agro in the Gulf on a Brit port.  Maybe some one got tired of the congress doing nothing at all.  I think it's going to be an interesting month to come.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Negative. France has left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths with their actions in game (excluding their current actions against pirates) and comments on the forums and elsewhere. Many of which have moved to Danmark. Few are taking some personally some are not. It wont take a rocket scientist to figure out where the bad blood lies. This was a Danish action alone that had nothing to do with the recent attacks by France against the Pirates except the convenience of France being occupied somewhere else. 

I have seen the light. and Ports are not needed in France. We cant wait to see you all 

10 hours ago, Landomatic said:

You weren't on our TS, and to their credit it was shortly after the megapatch when ship production was more limited.

I truly believe that some captains said it, but as I said can't believe any of the fighting captains of the clans fighting for France did even consider having a fight without knowing the risk.

But hey, even if it is true, actions are being spoken. Interesting to see, due to the extremely low amount of players, the different aspects of PvP actually being tested when pit against each other. On one hand lost ports. On the other lost ships. Ît will never end. No one will win and it will go on and on and on. A PvPer never gets bored as long as there's game out in the open world. A Conquest fleet captain will get sorely bored do empty after empty after empty PB. Sadly that's what we have and how we have to play, together.

All fun, all games and especially great to get back to what type of character I, and my rover brothers, love to play this time. Corsairs de France.

Just as a hint, we ROVERs use no alts ( even our spies are the player sitting next to you :) ), we did build our little clan economy based on "national sanctioned pyracy"  :) and throw all iron, woods, and the rest needed for ships and equipment for ships stolen from enemies of France ( red text is enemy, right ?). We do have production but don't touch it since... the last Dane incident, give or take. That's all outposts, ship slots, SOL shipyards ( we have no use for it, but what da heck, can help other clans ), workshops and oh... maybe, just maybe shipyards in frank ports not controlled by any nation :) as it makes it easier to use the prized goods and pump raiders right where they are neede...

The more enemy trade open to attack the less need we have for ports. Here lies the natural difference between our styles.

But affraid to lose ships ? No. Never heard such a thing from a fighting captain of the fighting clans of France.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Worlds collide... PvE PB vs OW PvP...

Oh my oh my...

I see the light:

When people want to fight 25v25 in an even battle that is "Player vs. Environment" and not actual PvP. 

When your posse of gankers go after loners in slower ships  and stern camp, or gank 3v1, it's "PvP at its Apex". 

Dodging fights by having friends conveniently "pull" you into AI-fleets to escape an unfavorable OW tag is also "PvP". 

/s 

You need to either stop trolling the forum or give up those Moderator tags, hypocrite. 

• Like 1

You are right, I am guilty of being pulled into a battle with a enemy nation which served no other purpose than seeing the enemy escape.

As a last interesting fact on calling fair and equal, last time we actually met you got shunned away by a convoy of Indiamans in your heavy frigates while having superior firepower and weather gauge ( after being found amidst a heavy storm by usage of alternative methods thanks to your Privateer buddy, kudos to him, he kept at it with all intent). While on the secondary battle a heavy frigate was also forced to escape from a cruise raider, but at least your companion had proper manners. That's how fair it goes down when the heat goes up.

Regarding your special request you better go up the stairs and knock the correct door. Make sure you wipe your feet before entering.

Oh, damn, out of biscuits :(

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

You are right, I am guilty of being pulled into a battle with an enemy nation NPC AI Fleet which served no other purpose than seeing the enemy escape escaping from unfavorable PvP battle into a PvE defensive tag. 

Regarding your special request you better go up the stairs and knock the correct door. Make sure you wipe your feet before entering.

Oh, damn, out of biscuits :(

FTFY.

Don't try to dodge the issue, you claimed that Port Battles are PvE, insulting every player on the server that likes 25v25 port battles, and thereby trolling this discussion. That is against the actual forum rules.

Take your words back and apologize or resign.

• Like 1

Very nicely written Slamz. The relation between Pearl Harbor and your peace would be a bit more correct if US had hit Germany first. But seriously this can't come as a surprise since you knew we were allies. Btw what's up with attacking Cap Francois and not showing up? Seems like an odd reason to go to war. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tenet said:

FTFY.

Don't try to dodge the issue, you claimed that Port Battles are PvE, insulting every player on the server that likes 25v25 port battles, and thereby trolling this discussion. That is against the actual forum rules.

Take your words back and apologize or resign.

Mods are players first, who paid the same amount as you to play the game....  And un-paid volunteers secondly.  They enforce the rules.  Not neutrality.

Please read Admins multiple posts on this before hitting your fainting couch again....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

Very nicely written Slamz. The relation between Pearl Harbor and your peace would be a bit more correct if US had hit Germany first. But seriously this can't come as a surprise since you knew we were allies. Btw what's up with attacking Cap Francois and not showing up? Seems like an odd reason to go to war. 

We've known for a long time.  We also know the Danes will be second place (or first place losers).  Good for them.

We showed up and killed all those poor trashy pirates who were outside.  I'm sure you saw the battlenews while at port?

19 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

Oh, we showed up...  we just didnt show up in the fleet YOU wanted us to bring...  again, its all about OW PvP for most of us...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Mods are players first, who paid the same amount as you to play the game....  And un-paid volunteers secondly.  They enforce the rules.  Not neutrality.

This is not about Neutrality. The Red Duke can take any side he likes and support it, but he should not be able to intentionally troll by lying. Claiming that "PB is PvE" is a blatant lie designed to insult and troll RvR players. 

If one side decides to not join a PvP match and lose a port, that does not make the format PvE. Just like running from an OW PvP fight by jumping into an AI-Fleet defensive tag does not make OW engagements PvE. 

OW fights among players are PvP, even if one side chooses to run. RvR Port Battle fights are also PvP, even if one side chooses not to show up. On a PvP server, claiming that either is PvE is a grave insult and a troll bait. 

P.S. I have great respect for un-paid volunteers becoming Forum Moderators, and would want nothing else for a healthy forum community. However, Moderators should abide by the forum rules and volunteering doesn't excuse abusive behavior.

13 minutes ago, Tenet said:

This is not about Neutrality. The Red Duke can take any side he likes and support it, but he should not be able to intentionally troll by lying. Claiming that "PB is PvE" is a blatant lie designed to insult and troll RvR players. 

If one side decides to not join a PvP match and lose a port, that does not make the format PvE. Just like running from an OW PvP fight by jumping into an AI-Fleet defensive tag does not make OW engagements PvE. 

OW fights among players are PvP, even if one side chooses to run. RvR Port Battle fights are also PvP, even if one side chooses not to show up. On a PvP server, claiming that either is PvE is a grave insult and a troll bait. 

P.S. I have great respect for un-paid volunteers becoming Forum Moderators, and would want nothing else for a healthy forum community. However, Moderators should abide by the forum rules and volunteering doesn't excuse abusive behavior.

So, its okay for you to attack him personally on the forums (also against the rules) and make silly claims because he doesn't PLAY the game like you?  I hope you realize how foolish your claim is.  If you have a real issue, then go through the right channels instead of posting off topic to slander a player (also against the rules I believe).  Don't hide behind the questionable statement that you respect someone yet accuse them of wrongful behavior the next with very weak claim.

How people play a sandbox game can be very diverse but you calling an opinion you don't agree with a "lie" is also incorrect.  I think the PB mechanic arena mode is for legends and that new mechanics should be in place for an OW game.  Most PBs are PvE... think about how Spain lost all those ports...

• Like 1

Just now, Dharus said:

So, its okay for you to attack him personally on the forums (also against the rules)

I have no issue with The Red Duke as a person as long as he follows the forum rules like everyone else. 

and make silly claims because he doesn't PLAY the game like you?

Strawman argument. I only took issue with him calling "PB PvE" which is a "silly claim" towards people that don't play the game like he does (or actually do, but happen to like multiple aspects of the game). 

I hope you realize how foolish your claim is.  If you have a real issue, then go through the right channels instead of posting off topic to slander a player (also against the rules I believe).

My post contained no libel: The Red Duke did post "PB PvE" and did not edit that quote. I did not misrepresent anything he did, otherwise he would ask me to apologize or refer the post for another moderator to issue a warning.

Don't hide behind the questionable statement that you respect someone yet accuse them of wrongful behavior the next with very weak claim.

How people play a sandbox game can be very diverse but you calling an opinion you don't agree with a "lie" is also incorrect.  I think the PB mechanic arena mode is for legends and that new mechanics should be in place for an OW game.  Most PBs are PvE... think about how Spain lost all those ports...

Most OW fighting is running and defensive tagging right now, doesn't mean that everyone who runs or defensive tags is a PvE player. OW PvP is PvP regardless of the ratio of actual fights to ganks or running. In a similar fashion, RvR PB is intended for PvP, and most people like it for the type of PvP it offers. Just because balancing reduces the frequency of either doesn't change their nature, or the nature of the players that like either aspect of the game.

You are right, I don't want to further derail this thread. I saw no apology and will consider whether this is worth a Tribunal.

• Like 1