Game-Labs Forum

News Flash! Denmark Pearl Harbors France

Slamz

10 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

I'm on my way to Mexico with all of ROVER stolen treasure, aye.

No regrets.

Proper pyrate move :D

I think that was the cowboys who used to ride to Mexico with the stolen loot.   

I thought Pirates went to Madagascar.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I think that was the cowboys who used to ride to Mexico with the stolen loot.   

I thought Pirates went to Madagascar.  

Oh... need a proper wild west mmo then ;)

Then I can act Ned Kelly... 

... damn got it wrong again...didn't I ?

• Like 2

If you want pvp and content from the french , sail to tortue. 

Everyone already knows the french as we stand now don't do port battles unless we absolutely have to.

I don't know how many times we have to bash people's heads together until they realize that ports don't matter.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

If you want pvp and content from the french , sail to tortue.

Everyone already knows the french as we stand now don't do port battles unless we absolutely have to.

I don't know how many times we have to bash people's heads together until they realize that ports don't matter.

I am just curious...you did flip a county, hence the PB tonight yes ? or am I look at the conquest wrong :)

7 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

I am just curious...you did flip a county, hence the PB tonight yes ? or am I look at the conquest wrong :)

It was an accident from all the sunk pirates in the area.   Collateral damage and all that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Who cares if they matter or not. People want to do them and people dont care what a couple of French dictate to us. Let us play the game the way we want to play.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

It was done purely to get the mighty Pirates to come out and play...  trust me...

1 hour ago, Mike the Mongel said:

KoS  and other French clans had a non aggression agreement with BLACK/Pirates

Just for the record, only WO ever had an actual deal with BLACK, to the best of my knowledge.

Not wanting to upset their deal, most of the French clans agreed to put BLACK and BLOOD on a do-not-kill list but we were never part of an agreement. It was purely a courtesy towards WO. I believe that all ended when we lost Haiti, as there was no longer any reason to have an agreement.

38 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

See also: Santa Marta.

If your enemy has stopped coming out for PvP and if they care about ports, then there is One Simple Trick Your Enemy Will Hate to make them come out and PvP again...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike the Mongel said:

France already giving up :(  all that talk on Global and its Rainbow Coalition (France, US, Brits) and the chest beating going on...and they already folding up ???? dam people you have the largest group of players between all 3 Nations hands down, and you giving up already...ouch, seriously.

That's just Red Duke. He gets so few chances to wave the white flag.

I'm pretty sure there is no "rainbow coalition".  Have you ever tried to coordinate anything with the Brits or USA?  This is just about Pirates needing a worthy opponent.  You backed the USA into a corner. Got the Brits so flustered a bunch of them left the nation. Made a post declaring your victory and the terms the Brits could live under. All that added together just speaks out that Pirates need more competition.  Well here we are. :)

The new Dane, former AUSEZ, former Dutch, former French, Swedish coalition are just going to liven things up. It will be good for the game to get some conflict going and there are enough French in the backfield to play with them. The night flips will be annoying but it is what it is.  If we did this thing right we would all get together and divide up clans by PvP/RvR/PVE and time zone tendencies and balance it all out. Eventually the sand box will get there on its own.

3 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Coming from the folks who said that nation flippers are the worst and they themselves up and leave. Good riddence, you didn't contribute to anything and now instead of doing missions at FR, you will be doing them at christenstad.

Finally, now we can take and sink your ships. 

It's hypocritical to shame Yoda for leaving France after you asked/suggested our entire clan leave her nation on French national discord. Nevermind the fact that I'm told you guys have been serial nation hoppers for quite some time.  Only complicit in carrying a specific flag once you have majority control over a nation's other clans.

3 hours ago, Arsilon said:

I find it very interesting you stand behind upholding one agreement to "defend "the Pirates yet you choose to violate another agreement for non-aggression against the French.

You could very have easily said you value the agreements made and future relationship with the Pirates more than you do with the French.  While the French may not have liked that point of view, it would have been very much in line with what was agreed upon by all parties.  There was a very simple 72 hour clause that gave you the easy out and you would still be able to abide by both agreements made and everyone could have gone on their merry way sinking each other.

Instead you choose the dishonorable path.  Shows true colors and that any previous misgivings and distrust were justified.

When you guys (Bork/Purge) 'Pearl Harbored' the Danes after ICS brokered peace you didn't see the Danes in here crying.  They took action . . . but I guess only the most recent outrages of hypocrisy and treachery are relevant; you know the ones guys conveniently commit and then forget. Speaking of treachery, one of our informants indicated you guys cried wolf about the Terre region 'loss' for the sake of appearances so you could ostracize ICS, seize control of France, and have an excuse to attack the Danes without being labeled 'treacherous.'  It's actually pretty damned excellent work if you think about it. I'm also told you've attempted this in other nations you left after failing to usurp them.

1 hour ago, Slamz said:

For future reference, here is how the war is going to work:

1) Danes take French ports.
2) French literally ignore it.
3) French continue to hunt primarily pirates.
4) Pirates spread out more to avoid being easily targeted in one spot.
5) French spread out more to keep finding pirates to hunt.
6) Some French clans, finding it hard to find Pirates, spread back into the Antilles to also hunt Danes and Swedes.
7) Danes can no longer safely grind missions or do trading in prime US time zones.
8) Danes sweep South America, taking all Dutch ports.
9) Danes sweep much of Great Britain, taking their ports, all during Oceanic time zone hours, but Brits keep grinding them back.
10) Danes declare server victory and quit the game.
11) French have been sinking prime time pirates and Danes this entire time.

ICS didn't understand.
CCCP didn't understand.
BLACK doesn't understand.

The way the game is right now, there is almost no reason for a PvP nation to care about port ownership. Between alts, capturing of ships and just regular war profiteers looking to make money, we can operate out of free ports and continue hunting and acquiring new ships. Is this a problem with game design? Should it work differently? I don't know, but it's the way it works today.

The biggest mistake on the server will prove to be AUSEZ joining Denmark instead of fighting them. You could have had fun. Now all you have is empty port battles ahead of you, as far as the eye can see. France will not oppose you. For starters, we literally can't oppose you in your own time zone but additionally, we just don't care.

I really only made this thread to jab CCCP for breaking the agreement, so that when they eventually ask us for a new deal, and maybe there are some newer French at that time that want to cave in, I will point them at this thread and I will say "no".

ICS understands that you are an outwardly agitated blowhard (Roleplaying or not) who commands the respect of other emotionally stunted angry captains whom think war and general hostility is a better default than insult-free, meaningful and respectful conversation or negotiation. Look where your shotgun diplomacy landed you?  Not that RvR is relevant any longer . . . to you. But I do know you have some players who also enjoy RvR, who aren't in Bork, Purge, WO, etc., @lancelot teggins. If you're so good for France, don't you have a care in the world for what those guys might have wanted?  I would imagine though you laud yourself some great leader at the departure of ICS. The real shame is that some good players just stopped playing the game to avoid the drama you and your fellow clans enjoyed perpetuating. Despite all this, we're still recruiting people out of France to come join our ranks.  Last two recruits said Bork, Purge, WO, etc., just ignored them. So now they're Danes.  I do wonder if 'all' your French players will enjoy being a 'region-free' nation, forced to play the game the way you wanted it.  We need more community leaders like you.

'Play our way or else!'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

Worlds collide... PvE PB vs OW PvP...

Oh my oh my...

Wasn't that a song by Powerman5000, "When Worlds Collide"?

Oh yeah.... good times.. the angst, anger, and the rage.... yes let it flow through you.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

It's hypocritical .........<snip>

Clearly Bork and ICS have some issues to work out. This will be a good chance for that.

Purge never had any interest in controlling France or making ICS look bad. We didn't know you well enough one way or the other at the time. But Purge has never wanted to be in charge of France then or now.  So there were no secret plans to take over. That must be someone else's paranoia or disinformation campaign.

RvR is something I think ICS valued for the most part.  Possibly more than most of the rest of France. I think it may, in a way, have been driving the wedge between.  From the beginning it seemed the desire to ally with the Danes, for what some considered a high cost, was RvR driven. That's not a bad thing. But I think it created some of the conflict.  In any event now is your chance for a RvR on your terms and I'm sure the rest of the French don't really mind the game play.  I really hope you guys have fun and have found a better place you like. It never really sat well with me that you were never really getting to do much. But you have to at least share some of the blame in that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

When you guys (Bork/Purge) 'Pearl Harbored' the Danes after ICS brokered peace you didn't see the Danes in here crying. 

I don't remember a Danish region being attacked?  ICS "brokered" a Danish occupation of France, and expected everyone else to put up with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I don't remember a Danish region being attacked?  ICS "brokered" a Danish occupation of France, and expected everyone else to put up with it. 

I mean, an attack on a national ship is like an attack on her crown, no?  Now that your clan has demonstrated OW PVP is your preference, why do you pretend to have had any care at all for the Terre regions? I get that you were upset we made a deal without you before France was organized. But, we already had an insider let us know you didn't care about the regions, and all the squawking was to reinforce your position of victimhood and martyrdom. Maintaining the lie now serves no purpose. But by all means . . . keep the charade going.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

No, PvP is just PvP.  Occupying territories is a declaration of war.

Oh ok.  Well I'm sure if you guys had just explained that to CCCP at the time that Bork & Purge decided to break the peace agreement and attack and sink their traders, they would have just understood that it's 'just PVP' and they wouldn't have wanted to fulfill some 'blood debt.'  I guess Pearl Harbor was just open world combat because there was no actual occupation.

• Like 1

Well, after the Pirates gave the Brits and the US a kicking a couple of weeks ago, I feared for some dull times on Global. Thanks to the French and now the Danes, along with the pirates its now on for young n old. Huzzah. (oh and brits get yer thumb out yer bum and lets get into the fight)

• Like 8