Game-Labs Forum

News Flash! Denmark Pearl Harbors France

Slamz

3 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Not really.  It's always been Pirate + Dane together behind a cloud of promises and lies.  So nothing has changed.

somewhat but when the game is so affected by time zone issues people are forced to do things they don't really want to do.  the 3 days warning doesn't change the situation we all know the port battles are going to be time zone affected so it's really about what fun we can create.  lets be more about getting to the fighting and less about the name calling and issues with contracts.

1 hour ago, Fastidius said:

OK firstly CCCP did not start the action. SCAR and DICS did.  2ndly you flipped a port of an ally and thus triggered a response.  I actually commend CCCP for actually honouring the alliance between themselves and the pirates.  I personally have had discussions with them regarding this prior to it happening and reality is Alliance was clearly stated in the nation status post for a while.  We have not actually taken the port /ports yet and you haven't taken the pirate port yet so perhaps you can think of this more as posturing than breaking the deal at this point.

right now were are on the brink of breaking into a full conflict.  No one has been hurt yet....whats your play?

as you can see in your screen caps there has been a discussion about Diplo and what people actually want to do. We also said that although chailang wants to break the deal we had to wait for you to break it.  so really all you are doing is highlighting that we wanted to move but were hand tied.  You then attacked an allied port which triggered a response.  If you also looked at nation chat today there was also me saying to chailang that the French attacked the pirates and that the alliance was there before the NAP and you're allowed to respond. You might want to think about how you look at diplomacy if you think you can isolate yourselves with NAPs.

Again at this moment you have a decision to make as to whether you are a PVP nation who lives in freeports with a happy few ports at home Or you are an RvR nation with all the good and bad that holds.

My play?  It's for all out conflict sweetheart and I'm the nice one of the bunch picking that.

Are we a PvP nation living out of Free Ports or an RvR nation? We're a PvP nation that prepared to live out if free ports from the first day the Danes attacked us the first time.  Thinking we're going to bother with RvR ping pong or that it it will effect us will be your mistake.

cool, hopefully, the devs can take a note on how the pirates should work based on your playstyle.

I personally have done the Freeport thing and think it is better than the RvR game. Happy enough to just create activity and hopefully content.  let's face it, with 150 players were really not able to play the rvr game anyways.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Acknkowledged, but difference being that I don't defend treachery.  Those that do, maybe that indicates something about them ?

Not defending treachery. Maybe do not just assume things is all or attempt to play the paragon in a situation. CCCP was drawn into this conflict if anything by participants that did not sign the previous agreement. Play us the villians if you like. There will be little sympathy from external parties that is for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Not defending treachery. Maybe do not just assume things is all or attempt to play the paragon in a situation. CCCP was drawn into this conflict if anything by participants that did not sign the previous agreement. Play us the villians if you like. There will be little sympathy from external parties that is for sure. 

You fell in with villains by choice.

Gents...ease up....just as the PIRATEs been facing off against 3 maybe 4 Nations who have teamed up to try and blockade us in Mort (loving it by the way) I figure the Danes want to get in the action as well and go after the French, but wow take nothing personal...remember its a game right.

Your friendly neighborhood Pirate

Mike the Mongol (BLACK)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

We can discuss whatever impact the 'New Danish' may have had on status quo.  We can discuss whatever it says about those same 'New Danish' that choose to spit on pre-existing treaties (or choose to abide by some but not others).

We can even extend some amount of sympathy to poor CCCP for being put into a bad position by those same interlopers and a Danish nation now out of control.  However, we also know how much honor means to them and how much their word (used to?) mean.  The previous French-Danish conflict was started based on perception of broken promises.  Throughout the conflict ICS sat on the sidelines and was given a free pass by the Danish based  solely on 'words given to each other'.

So this speaks poorly for all the "New Danish" as well as the "Old Danish" alike when a simple 72 hour notice would have been sufficient to release you of all previous comittments to the French.

Edited by Arsilon

For future reference, here is how the war is going to work:

1) Danes take French ports.
2) French literally ignore it.
3) French continue to hunt primarily pirates.
4) Pirates spread out more to avoid being easily targeted in one spot.
5) French spread out more to keep finding pirates to hunt.
6) Some French clans, finding it hard to find Pirates, spread back into the Antilles to also hunt Danes and Swedes.
7) Danes can no longer safely grind missions or do trading in prime US time zones.
8) Danes sweep South America, taking all Dutch ports.
9) Danes sweep much of Great Britain, taking their ports, all during Oceanic time zone hours, but Brits keep grinding them back.
10) Danes declare server victory and quit the game.
11) French have been sinking prime time pirates and Danes this entire time.

ICS didn't understand.
CCCP didn't understand.
BLACK doesn't understand.

The way the game is right now, there is almost no reason for a PvP nation to care about port ownership. Between alts, capturing of ships and just regular war profiteers looking to make money, we can operate out of free ports and continue hunting and acquiring new ships. Is this a problem with game design? Should it work differently? I don't know, but it's the way it works today.

The biggest mistake on the server will prove to be AUSEZ joining Denmark instead of fighting them. You could have had fun. Now all you have is empty port battles ahead of you, as far as the eye can see. France will not oppose you. For starters, we literally can't oppose you in your own time zone but additionally, we just don't care.

I really only made this thread to jab CCCP for breaking the agreement, so that when they eventually ask us for a new deal, and maybe there are some newer French at that time that want to cave in, I will point them at this thread and I will say "no".

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Play us the villians if you like. There will be little sympathy from external parties that is for sure. 

We didn't turn you into villains, you did that yourself when you backed out of your promises. 

The one thing I can say about Chris and his Brits is when Chris has told me he would do something he actually has done it. I don't agree with how the Brits play either but I know they are at least are honest players.

You may not like Slamz, KoC or Teutonic but when they say we are going to do something they do it. They don't cheat and they stand for something, even gaming needs that. You won't find any lies from France, we have spilled the beans on all of our intentions right here on this forum even before we have done it.

All you Danes have done is just prove that nothing you say has any credibility at all. CCCP, DICKS and SCAR should just take there lies somewhere else for no one here is listening.   

Edited by Vllad
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slamz said:

6) Some French clans, finding it hard to find Pirates, spread back into the Antilles to also hunt Danes and Swedes.
7) Danes can no longer safely grind missions or do trading in prime US time zones.
9) Danes sweep much of Great Britain, taking their ports, all during Oceanic time zone hours, but Brits keep grinding them back.

ICS didn't understand.
CCCP didn't understand.

The way the game is right now, there is almost no reason for a PvP nation to care about port ownership. Between alts, capturing of ships and just regular war profiteers looking to make money, we can operate out of free ports and continue hunting and acquiring new ships. Is this a problem with game design? Should it work differently? I don't know, but it's the way it works today.

The biggest mistake on the server will prove to be AUSEZ joining Denmark instead of fighting them. You could have had fun. Now all you have is empty port battles ahead of you, as far as the eye can see. France will not oppose you. For starters, we literally can't oppose you in your own time zone but additionally, we just don't care.

I really only made this thread to jab CCCP for breaking the agreement, so that when they eventually ask us for a new deal, and maybe there are some newer French at that time that want to cave in, I will point them at this thread and I will say "no".

This is probably the best post on these forums in years....

13 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

This is probably the best post on these forums in years....

27 minutes ago, Slamz said:

ICS didn't understand.
CCCP didn't understand.

You forgot:

12)Danes got more ports as pirates.

13) Pirates delcare war to danes

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slamz said:

ICS didn't understand.
CCCP didn't understand.

Hi Slamz! How's my favorite NA role model doing!? What's that? Still angry as ever you say? Wow, never would have guessed.

You are just what every nation needs the least - someone who excels at making every single aspect of the game about them. Seriously, I can't believe you have over 1500 forums posts. And not a single one with anything but threats, smack talking, and whatever insanity this battle plan above is. You have shown nothing but contempt for so many other players, but you have the unshakeable expectation to think that they will still have your back because of a flag or "treaty". Did you actually think after weeks of trash-talking ICS and then turning tail after Santa Marta and leaving us in the fight when we wouldn't get in your TS or follow your orders would garner you further support?

On the contrary, EVERY interaction of mine with players from CCCP has been respectful and as far as I can tell, they are some of the only ones who have always been straight with my clan. The don't talk trash, they don't abandon me in a fight, and they certainly don't run down any NA play style.

Put your hand over your mouth and think about that for a second. Or just get angry and add another notch to your forum PVP gun belt. You'll still be my NA best buddy and a model of pvp-leetness to which I can only aspire.

P.S. A little bird told me you have a couple port battles soon. Better hurry back, now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Slamz said:

ICS didn't understand.
CCCP didn't understand.

Sounds about right to me.  I hope the chicoms cmon over and take most of our territory, I'm tired of sailing around defending it.  You need to remember that AUSEZ didn't join the Danes because they wanted fights, they wanted to grind away in peace away from KoC and the warriors.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vllad said:

We didn't turn you into villains, you did that yourself when you backed out of your promises.

The one thing I can say about Chris and his Brits is when Chris has told me he would do something he actually has done it. I don't agree with how the Brits play either but I know they are at least are honest players.

You may not like Slamz, KoC or Teutonic but when they say we are going to do something they do it. They don't cheat and they stand for something, even gaming needs that. You won't find any lies from France, we have spilled the beans on all of our intentions right here on this forum even before we have done it.

All you Danes have done is just prove that nothing you say has any credibility at all. CCCP, DICKS and SCAR should just take there lies somewhere else for no one here is listening.  

Don't agree with that...KoS  and other French clans had a non aggression agreement with BLACK/Pirates..and out of the blue they start attacking, no 24 hour notice or anything...its a bit hypocritical, don't put the French (some by the way) on a high horse.

KoS ..(WO clan know what I am talking about)

But bottom line is...this is whats called the political mechanic of the game...even though it is not built in..but try and enjoy

• Like 1