Game-Labs Forum

News Flash! Denmark Pearl Harbors France

Slamz

I do find it kind of funny that those who complained about screeners wasting time of a PB fleet heading to port just arrived way early to a port battle and choose to waste their time at the port and port battle effectively screening themselves from any OW pvp.  All a matter of priorities i guess.

1 hour ago, Khyron said:

now, that being said.. it's a no win there, perhaps that was the point?

No that wasn't the point. The point was it is a win for France no matter what decision the Pirates make.

Pirates come in non rated ships we get an OW fight. Pirates come in rated ships, we kill screeners, we get an OW fight. If the Pirates don't show up we take the port so we can teleport to get more OW fights.

Once you grasp what motivates the French the strategy is very simple. We want OW PVP. We will do whatever we can to generate OW pvp, hell we don't even need to win. We just want as much OW pvp as we can get from the time we log in until the time we all go to bed.

We keep telling people what we are looking for and people just refuse to grasp how France wants to play the game.

Edited by Vllad
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

Is that the only sentence you know in English? Quick, a trader cutter just left Mort. Go get it boy, go get it!

Yep you definitely are mad.

Sorry but I am not online otherwise I would take you up on your bait.   Sorry that we are out pirating a pirate.

20 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Yep you definitely are mad.

Sorry but I am not online otherwise I would take you up on your bait.   Sorry that we are out pirating a pirate.

Don't worry about me. I always preferred the large engagements hence why I focus on port battles. You can outpirate me as much as you want, I don't mind.

have fun hunting

1 hour ago, Vllad said:

Once you grasp what motivates the French the strategy is very simple. We want OW PVP. We will do whatever we can to generate OW pvp, hell we don't even need to win. We just want as much OW pvp as we can get from the time we log in until the time we all go to bed.

We keep telling people what we are looking for and people just refuse to grasp how France wants to play the game.

French Strategy: Agitate your neighbors, their neighbors, and your nationals so they become your neighbors so you can attack them/everyone at the same time while pushing players from your country; then be proud to sink traders far away from home, and denounce PBs which require coordination and 25 players as opposed to swarming, hit, and flee tactics.

I'm fairly certain most the server gets your 'strategy.'

I think it's great.

Edited by Landomatic
words!!!!

5 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

French Strategy: Agitate your neighbors, their neighbors, and your nationals so they become your neighbors so you can attack both/everyone at the same time while pushing players from your country; then be proud to sink traders far away from home, and denounce PBs which require coordination and 25 players as opposed to swarming, hit, and flee tactics.

I'm fairly certain most the server gets your 'strategy.'

I think it's great.

I play solo with the guys you are accusing of this.  None of the players interacting in this thread have agitated me or driven me from the nation.  No sure what you are talking about, in fact, do you know?  Because it's not happening.

Just now, Jean Ribault said:

I play solo with the guys you are accusing of this.  None of the players interacting in this thread have agitated me or driven me from the nation.  No sure what you are talking about, in fact, do you know?  Because it's not happening.

LOL, then you should probably catch up on your reading or scroll some history back on the French National Discord.

Excuse me friend, but I've read pretty much every post on this forum for 18 months, and I monitor in game chats continually.  I've played French for the entire tenure of my game.  So you don't need to troll me about what I need to read.  You are uninformed, throwing insults doesn't cover that up though.

And just so you know, I was politely invited by at least two clans, and after turning them down was neither oppressed nor put down by them.  But then again, you still haven't given me any evidence of your statement to back it up - obviously since you don't have any - but I have given you first person evidence of the opposite.

I'm not throwing insults. I was a diplo and had access to multiple conversations in diplomatic and leadership capacities where on more than one occasion different members from French clans straight insisted/asked ICS to leave France.  So either you're ill-informed or grandstanding here for the sake of blind defense. I'll reserve comment about your ability to read forums for 18 months.

Just now, Jean Ribault said:

Yeah I'm a trader.  So what ?  Not allowed in your book?

Been doing it for the whole time.  Is there a problem with that?  State it here.

No not at all.  My comment was more directed at Simon who suggested I wasn't at any fight of relevance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arsilon said:

476 combat marks = 2.72 VM's per week

Yep.

I think the devs intend for the weekly victory to be more like an "atta-boy". You get a nice additional pat on the back if you play in such a way that you also, incidentally, win the week, but trying hard to win the week at the expense of normal daily activity is totally not worth it.

BLACK is smart enough to realize this but some how they are stuck in old thinking.

1 weekly victory = 150 combat marks right now.

55 minutes ago, Vllad said:

I think some people look at our posts and scratch their chin and think "what are they up to now". How can what we be saying be twisted into a serious-business meta-gaming scheme, because that's what they'd do. If we want port mechanics changed or are arguing that VMs are not worth being tryhards over then it must be because we're up to something sneaky.

I think we're about as straight forward as we can get without blogging our minute by minute lives.

I just want a good game. A lot of times I talk plainly about French/Purge plans (almost certainly to the dismay of some other French) because I think it will make for a better game overall if more people understand the thinking behind some of the things we do.

e.g.,

It is not a trick or ego-saving device to say we don't care if the Danes take our ports.

I'm saying it because it's possibly a problem with the game. We really do not care. We have no reason to care.

Pirates presumably want us to spend the next 2 weeks grinding PvE in another night-flip contest with the Danes and we're just warning you that we're not going to do it, because it is dumb. It was done last time because frankly we had some outdated thinking still and had not played in over a year. I am tempted to flip Road Town again but only because I know it will make CCCP angry. That is literally the only reason I would do it.

Now that we have fully tasted the free port life style, we prefer it to the PvE grind port-flipping lifestyle. We will keep doing what we are doing. I hope the Danes do not bore their new players out of the game with a contest we do not care about, is all. Believe it or not, I hope AUSEZ and the rest do not quit the game, but they are going to need to consider what fun they are going to have over the next month and how they are going to find it.

I don't think avoiding OW combat and PvE flipping empty ports is going to keep them interested in the game but I'm not their momma.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

No not at all.  My comment was more directed at Simon who suggested I wasn't at any fight of relevance.

Thank your for the clarification. ;)

I have fought in about a dozen port battles.  I don't enjoy them.  I certainly am not the only one.  I play the game for enjoyment, and if I don't like a certain aspect I don't take part in it.  Some hardcore pvp'rs look down on that, but that's their own issue not mine.  Looked like you were replying to me, sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slamz said:

It is not a trick or ego-saving device to say we don't care if the Danes take our ports.

I'm saying it because it's possibly a problem with the game. We really do not care. We have no reason to care.

Pirates presumably want us to spend the next 2 weeks grinding PvE in another night-flip contest with the Danes and we're just warning you that we're not going to do it, because it is dumb. It was done last time because frankly we had some outdated thinking still and had not played in over a year. I am tempted to flip Road Town again but only because I know it will make CCCP angry. That is literally the only reason I would do it.

Now that we have fully tasted the free port life style, we prefer it to the PvE grind port-flipping lifestyle. We will keep doing what we are doing. I hope the Danes do not bore their new players out of the game with a contest we do not care about, is all. Believe it or not, I hope AUSEZ and the rest do not quit the game, but they are going to need to consider what fun they are going to have over the next month and how they are going to find it.

I don't think avoiding OW combat and PvE flipping empty ports is going to keep them interested in the game but I'm not their momma.

The 'new' system makes PBs pretty worthless as nothing more than trade/sales hubs and places for tactical deployment.  Although if PBs were deathmatches . . .  think of the marks possibilities.

10 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

This jean ribault id just a troll I think. Never saw him at any fight of relevance. I wonder if he even leaves port

Seriously?  YOU are the troll.  What relevance does your comment have to anything at all?

I have given more input to this game than you have by a factor of - I'll pick 15 just for the heck of it.  I don't know you and you don't know me, so lay off or go somewhere else to pick a fight.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Yep.

I think the devs intend for the weekly victory to be more like an "atta-boy". You get a nice additional pat on the back if you play in such a way that you also, incidentally, win the week, but trying hard to win the week at the expense of normal daily activity is totally not worth it.

BLACK is smart enough to realize this but some how they are stuck in old thinking.

1 weekly victory = 150 combat marks right now.

I think some people look at our posts and scratch their chin and think "what are they up to now". How can what we be saying be twisted into a serious-business meta-gaming scheme, because that's what they'd do. If we want port mechanics changed or are arguing that VMs are not worth being tryhards over then it must be because we're up to something sneaky.

I think we're about as straight forward as we can get without blogging our minute by minute lives.

I just want a good game. A lot of times I talk plainly about French/Purge plans (almost certainly to the dismay of some other French) because I think it will make for a better game overall if more people understand the thinking behind some of the things we do.

e.g.,

I think that you're obsessed with yourself and how great innovative you guys are. It's been done before on a much larger scale. Look up Operation Camel Toe in the forums. 

Also ganking out of free ports has been going on for a while. We just never had invisibility and hidding in battle instances wasn't a standard procedure back then. 

Other than that, it's been done. Enjoy while you still have fun with it. Eventually it gets boring. Trust me been there.

Happy hunting

"French want to fight in OW" is an illusion.

Your first instinct is to run and defensive tag an AI fleet whenever you don't have a decisive advantage, bringing the battle as close as possible to your "home port" so you can switch to heavier ships or regain some other clear advantage. 

There is nothing inherently wrong with such tactics except the pretence of moral superiority and the mental masturbation on Global chat.  

There is also a very clear contradiction between the "this is how France wants to play the game", the free port culture, and the multi-page bitching whenever you stand to lose a port. If dots don't mean a thing, then why are some claiming that the Danes are trying to "subjugate" anyone? Why is the other long thread on this forum revolve entirely around Dutch and Swedes cycling a dot a few days earlier than French preferred? Where's the Pearl Harbor if it's just a blue dot? 

I was on the sidelines of the ICS / Danes debacle, and saw how toxic the rest of France was on this issue - you could have ended the conflict by asking ICS to apologize and pay a fine. Instead you worked persistently to kill them off entirely in France.  You trolled them into pointless arguments and proceeded to push them out of the nation, calling them a PvE clan despite their RvR and group PvP activity - simply because their play style was more about nation building and training recruits instead of roaming and ganking. You cut off your right hand because it wasn't identical to your left. 

You wanted several days of warning from the Danes, where were your several days of warning to the Pirates? Where was the wardec?

P.S. Is it true that a certain individual actually used Racial slurs against Chinese players on Global or Nation chat? I have the information second-hand. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Tenet said:

Where's the Pearl Harbor if it's just a blue dot? 

If I lend you 5 cents and you promise to pay it back and then refuse to pay it back, the problem is not the 5 cents. The problem is I can't trust you anymore and will never loan you another 5 cents.