Game-Labs Forum

Forged papers

Well the title gives a clue. I would suggest that the devs make the forged papers craftable, either by a ludicrous large amount of combat marks or by a ludicrous amount of mats - in order to prevent too many "faction jumps". But facts are that many find their faction stifling either because everyone else is playing it (like the brits on PvP EU) or because no one is playing it at all - or just because of the toxicity in the faction chat. Another reason to make it possible is that it enables playerbase to balance the server out themselves - Will this mean that there won't be a larger faction than any other? - no ofcourse not but the carebears will gravitate towards the ez mode nations and the rest of us will find challenges in picking the smaller factions. So I would suggest we make faction jumping possible.

One important caveat - the "conquest competition" needs to be reworked if forged papers are allowed. Already every child and their mother has placed either an alt or their main with the brits on PvP EU in order to get victory marks, and if everyone can just jump to the largest faction ingame then they will.

21 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

ludicrous amount of mats

is not.

We proved over and over again that a ludicrious amount of mats is a myth.

The couple of friends that might need the papers will never be able to craft or buy.

The solid big clan that can do those mats in a blink of an eye will probably won't need them.

1 hour ago, The Red Duke said:

is not.

We proved over and over again that a ludicrious amount of mats is a myth.

The couple of friends that might need the papers will never be able to craft or buy.

The solid big clan that can do those mats in a blink of an eye will probably won't need them.

True enough.. then perhaps a CD timer for x amount of days/weeks/months between switching.. I've never played any other faction on the PvP server than DK/NG and I've never had any inclination to switch. I can understand why ppl would though and for a variety of reasons. To deny the possibility or worse yet - force them to grind lvls from a startover is in my opinion counter to the spirit of the game and is enforcing a us vs. them mentality that really only contributes to a hostile comunity.

:) I think the papers were temporary and that switch is planned in a different way ?

Also, during this stage, sure, would be nice to see population migration at least to have a barometer reading on why people change, majority.

It is fun to switch nations with every huge update.