Game-Labs Forum

Forged Papers

Captain Lust

Question

Now that the Pirate Nation is losing all regions on EU Server, because nobody can be bothered with the garbage PvE RvR mechanics / no RvR clan left i'm considering leaving the sinking ship ( i'd rather not craft and have production builds like nationals but pirate is just another nation after all ). So if i switch, can i have more than one free port with ships/items in it, as long as i have no nation / pirate ports left or do i need to have everything collected in one?

18 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Captain Lust said:

My question was about whether i lose my free town B with all its stuff in it, when i use forged papers in free town A... but since Peter Goldmann said all gold and ship are lost i will just make gold from everything and trade it via my mates account...

Better safe than sorry, but it will leave your free ports as is.

1 minute ago, Skully said:

You can have as many free ports as you have outpost slots for.

My question was about whether i lose my free town B with all its stuff in it, when i use forged papers in free town A... but since Peter Goldmann said all gold and ship are lost i will just make gold from everything and trade it via my mates account...

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Real hunters, not carebears, not crafters, not traders, not RvR players.

Yeah, what a retarded statement... you can be a "real hunter" in any nation but with how the game works you just put yourself at a disadvantage if you don't use your production buildings - even more so compared to someone who runs +3 alt accounts on top...  the only thing "hardcore" is that you will effectively end up with less gold forcing you to do more PvE to get gold since PvP is absolute garbage for gaining gold if you compare it with PvE / crafting and the same time investment. So your "hardcore" actually means more carebearing than someone with good production buildings... nice try tho...

10 minutes ago, Skully said:

I personally switched with 2 free ports.

Ok, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

They are filthy rich, capturing ships of the line, traders, having millions of gold and all best mods / books. I'm a privateer myself on the service for the king, living similar life. Ships with crew space? extra carebearing for gold? hahah, you made me laugh really hard, sorry mate.

For a ship of the line they capture, some dude with good production or even alt accounts builds 10, same with the mods / books. Don't tell me there are lonely SOLs everywhere on the map with 400 players average at best. Do you have combat news chat btw? 5 player kills per hour MAXIMUM on the entire map... maybe one of those is a 4th rate at best but i doubt it... pathetic for a pvp game... also i prefer solo PvP not Naval Gank Action ( i like to take fights where i can actually lose you know... ) so good to know you're laughing, it's healthy but no need to be sorry, i can smell your bullshitting...

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Yes - there is lots of lonely 1st rates and other SOLs carebearing, just yesterday I saw 2 Pirate 1st rates doing missions outside Mortimer...  Ya know, all of them grinding slots, mods and gold... First rate can be sold for about 5m gold. I hunt in all waters, Dutch, Spanish, Pirates, Swedish and Danish, you just need to know how to do it. The smaller group you hunt in, the bigger profit for you, if you hunt alone, 100% is yours :)

Not saying it isn't possible mate, there are plenty of idiots in big ships they can't sail properly... but it's way too rare... most of the time they sail garbage ships if they leave the greenzone alone at all... and im not Liquicity pulling off a 3v1 and winning against the odds...

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

You really think that I am "bullshitting" or ganking? Most of the time I hunt solo, to maximize my income, 100% for me, no share. Server is full of carebears and most of them do missions solo to maximize exp / gold / rewards. If you are a begginer / newbie, I advice you to start with Indefatigables, super easy to capture and sells well. I usually sell them for 400-500k no problem :) Once you get better, you can try hunting 4th rates and SOLs but you will fail a lot... I failed recently to capture L'Ocean and Bellona, but got away in one piece. Bellona was down to 80 crew, but fort saved it by demasting me. L'Ocean had 4x 68pd carronades on stern smashing my hull, though I took down 400+ crew on him. I was in Snow hunting L'Ocean - 1v1.

Thanks for the advice man it sounds all good in theory but there just aren't enough players... i barely find any bigger ships alone at all...

55 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Well, look at PvP Leaderboard, 90% time the same names. They know where to find prey. PvP EU is full of carebears all around the map.

Never tried Snow to PvP bigger ships... what wood and guns are used for that?

14 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:
On 30.7.2017 at 11:38 AM, Captain Lust said:

Now that the Pirate Nation is losing all regions on EU Server, because nobody can be bothered with the garbage PvE RvR mechanics / no RvR clan left i'm considering leaving the sinking ship ( i'd rather not craft and have production builds like nationals but pirate is just another nation after all ). So if i switch, can i have more than one free port with ships/items in it, as long as i have no nation / pirate ports left or do i need to have everything collected in one?

have you seen pirate global???? 

To use the forged papers, move everything you want to keep to freeport(s) in which you have outpost(s). Close all National Outposts. Redeem the Forged Papers. Then use the Forged Papers which will be in your warehouse. You'll then get a screen to choose your new Nation. After this, you will have all your XP, ships, gold, and goods that were stored in your Freeport Outposts. You'll still have outposts in those free ports as well as an outpost in your new nation's capital. If in the past you upgraded number of possible outposts or dock space size, that will carry over as well although this fact I've just been told, not tested.

Good luck. May I suggest Dutch on PVP Global. ;)

Can anyone advise HOW forged papers work in order to switch nation without loosing rank, xp, ships and gold?

As I understood the system one have to move all ships and mats into one freeport. In that freeport you have to activate the forged papers from the redeemables list.

Is that correct so far? How is the further process? Will one be prompted then to choose a new nation or delete his old char and create a new one?

9 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

Can anyone advise HOW forged papers work in order to switch nation without loosing rank, xp, ships and gold?

As I understood the system one have to move all ships and mats into one freeport. In that freeport you have to activate the forged papers from the redeemables list.

Is that correct so far? How is the further process? Will one be prompted then to choose a new nation or delete his old char and create a new one?

Ok you must have outpost in a free town then transport all your goodies to that outpost then give up all national outposts and use forged papers. What indeed threw me back ages was the fact that I lost my shipyard. So choose wisely ;)

You lose all your ships and gold during switch as far as I know.

Do you actually have proof for that? Might actually sell all my ships then and trade gold though my mates account ( would be really annoying to get all ships to one OP anyways )...

6 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

On regards about pirates, now it will be a nation for real pyrates :) 

Yeah, i hope they will have fun as handicapped nation :)

I know pirates that never do PvE, don't trade, don't build ships. What they do is they use only captured ships, live in free towns and based on your statements you do not fit into real pyrate gaming style. You're a filthy national.

Good for them if they enjoy sailing garbage ships with crew space instead of proper planking customized ships for pvp and have to do extra carebearing to get some decent gold... sounds fun..

I know that you're playing for GB by the way, so you're a "filthy national" too, then? 

9 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

have you seen pirate global???? 

9 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

if you care about ports, why not play a national in the first place?

As i mentioned before... if you don't use your production effectively you just put yourself at a disadvantage, especially compared to people using alt accounts... they can have their production right in enemy territory and supply their main in the the free town with cheap ships / guns / reps while the mentioned "hardmode" by our DweebenheimerMcGeek here only means you have to do extra carebearing to get some decent gold to buy overpriced ships crafted by others because you have no own production... yes maybe once in a blue moon you can capture a actually good ship from another player but then you have to play super pussy mode and cant do balls deep, because if you lose it, you're back to the other NPC garbage ships most people are sailing...

Edited by Captain Lust