Game-Labs Forum

Why?

• 4 months later...

I do not understand why the units are relocated overnight.  Stay in place, replenish if you can, then awake and continue.  Both the AI and the player should live with the position they created.  Relocating units to the desire of the "game maker" is not only unrealistic but is frustrating!

The problem isn't really that the units are relocated overnight--it's that they don't automatically get 100 Condition and 100 Supply back reflecting the retreat and rest. I wouldn't care too much that I had given up good ground if my troops were at least rested and ready to charge forward and continue the fight.

• Like 1

I

13 hours ago, Hitorishizuka said:

The problem isn't really that the units are relocated overnight--it's that they don't automatically get 100 Condition and 100 Supply back reflecting the retreat and rest. I wouldn't care too much that I had given up good ground if my troops were at least rested and ready to charge forward and continue the fight.

I agree with this, that would be nicer.

There are several major battles where the initial victory conditions are not important, and Chancellorsville is one of them.  Just leave your troops in the camp and don't bother going down to the objectives.

8 hours ago, Yogol said:

I agree with this, that would be nicer.

There are several major battles where the initial victory conditions are not important, and Chancellorsville is one of them.  Just leave your troops in the camp and don't bother going down to the objectives.

Chancellorsville is actually a great opportunity to bleed the Confederate 1st Corps before the rest of their forces show up. The AI got smarter about it but you can still kill a lot of them at a good ratio pretty easily with a small sally and that will make Day 2 much, much easier.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9-12-2017 at 4:05 AM, Hitorishizuka said:

Chancellorsville is actually a great opportunity to bleed the Confederate 1st Corps before the rest of their forces show up. The AI got smarter about it but you can still kill a lot of them at a good ratio pretty easily with a small sally and that will make Day 2 much, much easier.

how? i tried to advancing on the objectives but met stiff resistance, i tried not advancing but the confederates never showed up. In both scenarios i had to face a full CSA force from 3 directions. Any tips on defending?

9 hours ago, Mukremin said:

how? i tried to advancing on the objectives but met stiff resistance, i tried not advancing but the confederates never showed up. In both scenarios i had to face a full CSA force from 3 directions. Any tips on defending?

You should advance just a biiiit. Past that fence near the southeast of your starting position, there's a line of trees. Stick like 3 brigades in there and advance onto the point from that way, while making sure not to get flanked and staying in the trees. Assuming you got good arty and good infantry, you should be good. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mukremin said:

If you push fast and hard, you can take the western VP on the road and then bunker around there, using the gaps between the wood to the east and the wide open ground to the south. You should be able to wipe a division or so at least as they counterattack and trickle in, which greatly relieves pressure later.

• Like 1

Won the battle, lost Salem's Church though. CSA had 2000 men left when i had to take the objectives, nearly wiped them out and i also lost a lot of good men. Recovered from it, and inflicted 59.000 casualties on CSA at Gettysburg. Army is 80.000+ now as we speak prior to Chick.....

I advanced like you guys said, it did draw a bit of troops my way. But the ultimate blow came the next day when i occupied some strategic woods to the west and south east. Cornered whole brigades and wiped them out. Had a lot of casualties south west though due the wide open field there.