Game-Labs Forum

Danmark-Norge & Sweden: Cancelling treaties

Anolytic

Either side should not make the mistake of conflating destroying nations with destroying the game. RvR in this game is, at least for now, full loss, no safety. Nations cannot be blamed for playing the RvR-game. This topic is about server politics, not RvR-mechanics. That's another subforum.

However, Sweden cannot complain about being attacked if they want to rule the map. When they attack every nation they have to expect the nations to eventually fight back. 

Make no mistake, the attack of several nations simultaneously was not for the benefit of Danes, it was for the benefit of other nations to regain lost territories. Sweden can only look to themselves to find responsibility. By being the largest RvR force and playing the RvR-game well, but the Politics-game poorly they brought it on themselves. As stated in the OP, our interest in taking Swedish ports is zero. We did not need or seek this war. Sweden has at least 4 times our RvR-population. The plight of other nations meant we were practically begged to not sit on the sidelines and we didn't.

And Christendom, gtfo with your bullshit.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, amplify said:

that moment they realize the old western alliance was right all along

*grabbing some more popcorn*

Right about what exactly? How nightflipping killed off the player pop? Or how to avoid a PB - I believe LV wrote the manual, but the nightflippers sure was excellent pupils..

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

Anyway you guys are free to come join us over on global.  RVR is kinda bleh over here, but the only people that really give a shit about it are the pirates who feel like they want to dictate how the server is run by taking empty ports no one cares about. 

Nice summary of RvR on a global server.

15 hours ago, Christendom said:

Anyway you guys are free to come join us over on global

You are joking, right? That server is getting painted black again like in pvp2. Global is more unbalanced than EU by far.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

During last summer I saw 900-1100 players and I had great fun playing the game. Was it called summer vacation as well? Before the summer numbers were a bit lower.

ya but the number u came from was around +2k - so its a loss from about 50%, same now: after wipe we had around 1,1k in some evenings and now we are around 400--600. same 50% 

the time from steam release to summer 2016 was longer ofc, but there we all had to level our chars....now most of the ppl had already the full rank. imo u can compare that pretty well...

Edited by troody

On 8/7/2017 at 5:22 AM, Aegir said:

Trades ports weekly for cheap victory marks without real fights - then complains about not getting a real fight. :rolleyes:

Looks like it worked with the recent announcement of yet another conquest system being binned and completely overhauled.

Anolytic has always been one of the prime "winning without fighting" players of this game.

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Players don't quit because "numbers" are low. It's just a secondary factor and reason. In the very first place, there are other reasons that cause people to quit.

plz read carefully...i said partly......

Some snapshots about numbers:

April 11

18:44 -  1435 online
21:36 - 1746 online
23:40 - 1392 online

April 22
18:57 - 1269 online
22:19 - 1514 online

May 3
21:25 - 1377 online

May 8
18:04 -  1075 online

May 11
22:37 - 1279 online

May 16
23:06 - 1009 online

May 21
20:44 - 1085 online

Look how in 6 weeks the game lost 2/5 of the player base. I guess they figured out just by that time they don't like sailing games, and they didn't in the first three months of EA launch.

May 31
15:33 - 364 online.

July 31

16:40 - 951 online.

August 8 2016. Exactly one year ago
22:29 - 905 players online. that is 400 more than we will have tonight at that time. Almost twice the number.
Stop blaming "Summer", last August was Summer too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shaeberle84 said:

Player numbers are right now similar to October 2016, only little bit below June 2016, after the alpha-hype had worn off.

Not sure why Steam is giving such a drop for June 2016. I don't have any prime time data for June but I do have June 6, 00:54 at 631 online. Odd that way past midnight the player number is that high.  That number absolutely soared back up in July 2016, and it certainly did not in July 2017.

15 minutes ago, Batman said:

You mean the guys who are not willing to take a day off work because a port battle?

Work happens.  I can't make all of them myself either.  I'm talking about the guys who haven't showed up to 1 hostility grind or 1 contested port battle, despite having them be at all different times of the day and week.  Trimming the fat buddy.  

So whats this third nation I ruined?  I love being lectured by folks who don't play or don't matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Batman said:

You don't matter to me either, so I think we are fine here :).

Btw I don't see you play the game. Oh, wait - nvm

LOL..... 

Christendom is on more than me.  And that says something right there.