Game-Labs Forum

Proposed bonus to nations who get one region'd now that victory points are here

As we are all very much aware, the new victory mark system benefits the strongest nations. Shock horror there right!

I propose that any nation pushed back to a single port/region OR comes bottom of the conquest table gets a 100% point buff when capturing regions for one week.

Please stop punishing smaller nations and rewarding the powerful.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monk33y said:

any nation pushed back to a single port/region OR comes bottom of the conquest table gets a 100% point buff when capturing regions for one week.

3 points buff seems good.

3 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

3 points buff seems good.

Per region they capture might be to much, but I can see giving them an extra point per region.  The other thing is this should push the little guys to work together against the big guys.  People can do a lot when they stop bickering and work together.  I never was joking in the past when I said BLACK was only 15-20 players when we where winning g fights.  We are more like 20-25 average right now, but we are getting all the small clans to work with us now to give us more numbers.   A small organized group can do a lot.

French seems to be doing great the last few days if they can keep it up I can see them being a nice little threat on GLOBAL.  If they just stop there in house bickering and the silly Dane stuff.

That and I think the small nations should get an xp/credit boost to help level them and encourage growth.  I also thing forge papers should be locked to not be used towards move to winning nations either or high pop.   We need means to retain players in the smaller nations.

The Victory Mark system, if I have understood how it works correctly, is bad wether or not any nation gets one-ported. While it's a fair idea to think of a bonus for one-ported nations, the priority should be to find something other than the victory marks system.

As we seem to be moving there anyway, why not just remove victory marks/conquest marks altogether and let us buy permits for combat marks instead. A victory note is 350 combat marks? That sound fair. It's quite expensive, but anyone can build it if they play for a while. Make it 450 for a Santi and 500 for a L'Ocean.

And give Lord Protectors a small pension of combat marks. I.e 1/day for each property and 3/day for important regions. That would still encourage conquest without flooding the market with PvE-marks. 

• Like 1

You can't. If 200 players decide to take it out on 8, it will happen. Regardless of who is in which Nation.

Putting bars on enlistment will only hurt the casual players who simply want to sail with friends. Alters and power gamers can easily circumvent national barriers.

I thought it was well proven with the "fair" alliance system that forcing players will backfire.

Rather make having a larger Nation a larger challenge to handle. Bring back avatar TP to Freeport, contracts for anybody everywhere and turn on low AI resource production. Make smuggling and privateering real again.

And preferably introduce rebellions to make the circle go round for nations to die and be reborn.