Game-Labs Forum

+60 KNOTS! invisibility super power

Invisibility at 30 seconds ( as it is )

Cannot join battles for 120 seconds ( as it is )

Cannot start battles for 30 seconds after invisibility has ended ( meaning no attack for 60 seconds )

Cannot be part of RoE pull for 120 seconds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rediii said:

With the length of this warp lasting there has to be a 5 min timer or something like this after your invisibility.

Also the timer is way too long. 15 seconds are realy enough at 50kn to escape everyone.

dont forget some people have loading times of at least 10 seconds - leaves you with 5 seconds, not really helpful

• Like 2

In general I think the current mechanism is pretty good, should at least be tested longer. If you escape from battle, you escape and thats it, no more tag limbo. Each battle is separated conflict. Home defense forces actually have to do something, but I can understand that it is hard life for lazy carebears. Yes, you actually have to do SOMETHING and I understand that it sucks. You may actually have to hunt your enemies instead of teleporting on top of them, it must be absolutely horrible.

If people sneak attack, increase "cannot attack" timer like someone said before.

15kn cap is probably related to defense tag issues. It is pretty damn hard to catch someone if you both go 15kn with the same sailing profile.  Decreasing tag distance does not really fix 15kn cap issue. If devs really want to keep the broken 15kn cap, then consider to decrease tag distance.

No real difference to a roaming squadron with orbiting fast ships for tags.

The main issue that was to be solved was to force battle campers to not camp and keep on the move.

IMO the half-baked fix does exactly it.

• Like 1

Eh I think 2 minutes in OW time is plenty, should be enough to get either to a port or in vicinity of one at least - If you're not in sight of an island, well then you're kinda doomed, unless we had a 5-8 min cannot attack timer

Revenge fleets are a symptom of low population server. 

If there is ample folks in a region, then raiders will still be (rightfully) ganked and gankers be cloak warping onto puppies.

Why introduce asymmetrical easily abusable mechanics to combat a symptom?

Folks willing to spend 90 minutes for a gank will do anything to make it happen. Better to counter revenge/gank them instead.

• Like 1

So after extensive in game testing..wow this is broken. It completely solves revenge fleets however the invisibility timer is exactly the same time as the attack timer. So you can leap from one battle onto another target while totally invisible.

You can also escape an attacker pretty easy by defensive tagging.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Flinch said:

So after extensive in game testing..wow this is broken. It completely solves revenge fleets however the invisibility timer is exactly the same time as the attack timer. So you can leap from one battle onto another target while totally invisible.

Thanks for testing.

Didn't do much for the Brits in French waters last night. Was able to set up a revenge fleet with no issues to tackle them after they got out of a combat. It may save some people who can get to port much easier but over all it is still pretty easy to set up and defend your home waters with revenge fleets.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:56 AM, Jones el Tuerto said:

Ok i tested this thing of invisibility boost 60 knots turning at 60 knots too, don't know but doesn't work for me it seems a method to help people who doesn't know how to fight and always want to run away from battles, it's literally impossible to catch anything running away from a battle, before it was too easy to capture anything escaping from a battle now it's impossible it seems we keep going from black to white and from white to black, there are more colors in the middle... This super speed should be at least drastically reduced by half.

Well if they could figure out a way that if you actually escape in battle you are not right back next to the guy you spent an hour getting away from then it would be to much... BUt the old way was beyond stupid of both popping out in the exact spot you started the battle in

On 7/18/2017 at 5:31 AM, Skully said:

Revenge fleets are a symptom of low population server. 

If there is ample folks in a region, then raiders will still be (rightfully) ganked and gankers be cloak warping onto puppies.

Why introduce asymmetrical easily abusable mechanics to combat a symptom?

Folks willing to spend 90 minutes for a gank will do anything to make it happen. Better to counter revenge/gank them instead.

Revenge fleets made medium population server a low population server.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, akd said:

2 min no attack / no join / no pull.  Make it so.

Revenge fleets can only form if they have nothing better to do for 90 minutes. More population brings more opportunity on both sides.

Whether either side makes use of the opportunities is a different story.

Sailing alone and disorganised, and subsequently expecting a fair fight is my bet on what makes folks quit. (Both raider and puppy.)

On your proposal I recommend everyone to have a scout logoff in battle. If the scout reports all clear, go OW. If not, all logoff.

I agree with prater.

I like this feature in a way but I have strong concerns for the possibility of exploit it. 

If it works in a outlaw battle - not good. And it shouldn't work for pve or maybe only in pve fights if your br is lower. Because when I sit before an enemy capital and I want to go away. I attack a pve trader - wait two minutes and then speed boat mode!

4 hours ago, Prater said:

I captured a trader in less than 10 minutes and had a revenge fleet waiting for me. 

Where was your support to keep the "revenge" fleet occupied?

Providing the enemy with the 90 minute window you gave them the opportunity. They had nothing better to do.

In an engagement around Sant Iago, ARMED went after a Pirate Renommee. Meanwhile a Pirate fleet was forming which we ultimately diverted to Jamaica, so ARMED could leave the battle safely.

1 hour ago, Skully said:

Providing the enemy with the 90 minute window you gave them the opportunity. They had nothing better to do.

In an engagement around Sant Iago, ARMED went after a Pirate Renommee. Meanwhile a Pirate fleet was forming which we ultimately diverted to Jamaica, so ARMED could leave the battle safely.

So you are basically saing that I always need a clan or a random bunch of players behind me who support and protect me when I am in an instance.

Edited by Cecil Selous
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Cecil Selous said:

So you are basically saing that I always need a clan or a random bunch of players behind me who support and protect me when I am in an instance.

You don't have to bring a gun to a gun fight. You could bring a knife instead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skully said:

Who needs support?  And what does this matter?  You said a revenge fleet can only be formed if 90 minutes are available.  That isn't true, like I said.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skully said:

Revenge fleets can only form if they have nothing better to do for 90 minutes. More population brings more opportunity on both sides.

19 minutes ago, Prater said:

Who needs support?  And what does this matter?  You said a revenge fleet can only be formed if 90 minutes are available.  That isn't true, like I said.

If you sail into enemy territory unsupported, you get what is coming to you: overwhelming enemy forces. Can't get more realistic than that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cecil Selous said:

And those random players hit the "revenge" fleet. More "random" players enter the region and the circle of engagement after engagement happens.

Do not give the enemy the opportunity to form up.