Game-Labs Forum

+60 KNOTS! invisibility super power

Ok i tested this thing of invisibility boost 60 knots turning at 60 knots too, don't know but doesn't work for me it seems a method to help people who doesn't know how to fight and always want to run away from battles, it's literally impossible to catch anything running away from a battle, before it was too easy to capture anything escaping from a battle now it's impossible it seems we keep going from black to white and from white to black, there are more colors in the middle... This super speed should be at least drastically reduced by half.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jones el Tuerto said:

Ok i tested this thing of invisibility boost 60 knots turning at 60 knots too, don't know but doesn't work for me it seems a method to help people who doesn't know how to fight and always want to run away from battles, it's literally impossible to catch anything running away from a battle, before it was too easy to capture anything escaping from a battle now it's impossible it seems we keep going from black to white and from white to black, there are more colors in the middle... This super speed should be at least drastically reduced by half.

Now you just need to be better at the tag.  Bad tag means you just gave them a free get away.

• Like 5

IMO its good as it is - revenge fleets shouldnt even be a thing, so this change was good

Either you are there or within 3 minutes vicinity of the battle or you were not. please no silly teleporting to battle to get easy kills from people inside a battle.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 15

12 minutes ago, Jones el Tuerto said:

The idea is to reduce multiple retags that can take hours and gank revenge fleets. If you take someone correctly, they will never get away. If you do a shit job tagging.... you better hope you know what direction they are going to head and can match it. 

I'm 100% for this, it rewards good planning and reduces the amount of dumb as re-tags when you get away. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jones el Tuerto said:

OW speed for a 15kn surp is about 32kn so the speed boost is just about twice that. I see no problem there only that the camping team needs a bigger net.

Your first tag is your real chance to kill them. Miss that and you blew it. Maybe you get another chance but it should be far from guaranteed.

I recently had a situation where the same guy tagged me like 5 times in a row. He was faster than me on the OW but in battle was no match for my stern chasers. He was never going to win that chase and it was basically just him time-griefing me as I tried to get to a port so I could log for the night.

With this change he would have a hell of a time trying to get me retagged.

We could discuss other ways to accomplish the same thing but yeah, good riddance to the re-re-re-tag. Get it right the first time.

• Like 5

seems pointless to discuss about this... anyway

Well how many players do you need for a big net? 10?  Cause i guess with 3 you can't do that.

plus 60knots for more than 40 seconds  plus invisibility seems a way to help people who just know how to escape from battles

You can be the best at tagging but a fast ship can escape easily the battle, what before was a let's tag him now cause he runs to the fort now it's not possible anymore just give up the tag almost everyone who doesn't want to fight will escape and let's promote more pve in pvp server.. 

If it is 30 seconds, 60 knots is enough to travel out of or to the edge of site range.  If it is 45 seconds, it is site range + half site range.  If revenge fleets want to catch someone now, they will have to station in intervals pretty far out, which means a revenge gank can't be a gank unless the entire navy is there with 25+ ships.

I hope outlaw battle doesn't give this boost.

Edited by Prater

This mechanic brings some questions to mind.

1. Does an Outlaw battle exit bestow this bonus?
  2. How about a battle against a cabin boy (/alt)?
  3. Is there a BR sweetspot that allows instant exit / enchantments?

Just curious about the conditions that are needed to invoke this magic spell.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Prater said:

I like your questions, though I don't think it is any more of a spell than Open World having speed at 75x that of battle.

Very true, but that one is equal to all.

Conceptually this game is a mix of positioning fighter squadrons and then age of sail combat. I think it is not that bad as most naval tactics are applicable.

35 minutes ago, Jones el Tuerto said:

You can be the best at tagging but a fast ship can escape easily the battle, what before was a let's tag him now cause he runs to the fort now it's not possible anymore

Not sure that makes any sense.

If he's fast enough to get away from a good tag then that should be the end of the story. Unless you tagged him with 2-3 people close in and have him bracketed, he's getting away. Props to him for having good speed and probably some good moves.

Tagging someone early "before they get to the fort" was really just a way of doing a cheesy revenge-fleet setup. He's ahead of us but presto-magic-o and now we're all around him because we purposefully hit him with a bad tag to let people on the outside get into position.

Tagging followed by revenge fleets is magic for the attacker. Invis and speed is magic for the defender. All things considered, I would rather have magic be on the side of the defender. The attacker had their chance to settle it and if they can't then oh well. Some ships are just really hard to stop.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Although I disagree with revenge fleets and constant re-tagging, I do think this invisibility and speed boost swings it back too much in the favor of the raider. I guess time will tell.

Raiders should be doing most of the attacking actually.  This lets a revenge fleet have a one shot to get the raider.  If they get a bad tag, then the raider will get away after the battle.  So actually, without testing it, I'm not sure this actually fixes the initial revenge fleet, but it does allow the defenders to get away from repeated tags.

Edited by Prater

Just now, Prater said:

Raiders should be doing most of the attacking actually.  This lets a revenge fleet have a one shot to get the raider.  If they get a bad tag, then the raider will get away after the battle.  So actually, without testing it, I'm not sure this actually fixes revenge fleets, though it does help defenders get away from repeated tags.

Not really, a raider who knows what he is doing will use the speed and invisibility to avoid the revenge fleet in the first place and be off to hunt the next target on his terms.

9 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Not really, a raider who knows what he is doing will use the speed and invisibility to avoid the revenge fleet in the first place and be off to hunt the next target on his terms.

So does everyone have the speed buff or just defenders?  Slamz said it was for defenders.

If everyone gets it, I think the tag circles need to be smaller and you only get the buff if you take damage.  Otherwise you can just defensive and get a free 60 knot increase and invisibility.  This will make it impossible to catch aware traders, actually.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prater said:

So does everyone have the speed buff or just defenders?  Slamz said it was for defenders.

I thought you got the invisibility when you returned to OW after a battle, so a raider after hitting a trader would get it once he came out. 

3 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I thought you got the invisibility when you returned to OW after a battle, so a raider after hitting a trader would get it once he came out. 

Ok, and a trader can defensive tag at extreme range and make it impossible to get caught in the first place.  You shouldn't even be able to initiate combat unless you are in combat range in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Prater said:

If everyone gets it, I think the tag circles need to be smaller and you only get the buff if you take damage.  Otherwise you can just defensive and get a free 60 knot increase and invisibility.  This will make it impossible to catch aware traders, actually.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1