Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedback v1.0+

On 7/22/2017 at 10:58 AM, A. P. Hill said:

Some of this comes ... I think ... from certain pressures put on the developers from the community and their impatience of needing something more, and demanding the devs do something about this.   I guess it could be the results of early releasing to the public of the game too.

There are obviously signs within this production that indicate a rushed development phase, but for what purposes or reasons, I cannot state.

There is no shame in admitting that parts of this were rushed to appease an impatient public ... but now that it is released in such a state, it would be a huge mistake if the dev team doesn't go back and resolve these early release issues now before they move on to something else. 

Amen and well and respectfully stated too AP

On 7/22/2017 at 10:15 AM, Aetius said:

Gettysburg phase transitions need some work. In my BG campaign I deliberately didn't take Cemetery Hill in the first phase because I wanted to do more damage to the Union forces. In the second phase I captured both the Round Tops, but didn't completely wipe out the Union units.

The next phase was the Culp's Hill / Cemetery Hill phase. I captured all the victory points, and wiped out all their units. Then in the next phase ... my units were teleported back to the east and north, and I was forced to attack Culp's Hill again. This time there was only one Union brigade, which I hunted down and destroyed while easily recapturing Culp's Hill.

Next phase is the big attack on the three Cemetery Hill objectives. My units are again teleported off the objectives to the north and west. The northernmost Cemetery Hill victory point starts the phase under my control. I again recapture all the VPs and wipe out every existing Union unit (including the reinforcements). I've now captured Culp's Hill and the northernmost Cemetery Hill victory point twice each.

I'm then greeted with a message indicating that my attack failed (??!!), and a Union counter-attack was possible. I enter this phase with my entire army AGAIN teleported back to the west, *and* I control of all the VPs. I find a few Union brigades in the far south, and start to engage them. Then the phase ends in victory, because I already controlled all the victory points.

Essentially, the game does not acknowledge in any way Confederate control of Cemetery Hill or Culp's Hill during phase transitions - even though it clearly tracks VP ownership between phases. This resulted in multiple phases where I was forced to retake the same objectives over and over, which is intensely annoying. Then there's the ... fifth phase bug, where despite capturing all the objectives, I was sent to the sixth phase (the Union counter-attack) anyway ... which almost immediately ended because I controlled all the objectives.

My recommendation would be to eliminate the 2nd Culp's Hill phase entirely (phase 4?), and extend the previous Cemetery Hill / Culp's Hill phase. If the Confederates are successful there, end the battle. (You could try to continue, but in the next phase, if you're honoring unit placement, there will be a huge brawl as Union units are spawned on top of Confederate units.) Also, fix the fifth phase so that if the Confederates are successful, the battle ends and there is no counter-attack.

Boy I was really hoping the teleportation thing would have been fixed or at least addressed by saying.. we will fix it or we won't.  Teleportation is great for the single battle but not for a campaign.  But with that said...this is an amazing game and extend congrats to the Developers. From my own perspective on playing pc wargames, gems are difficult to find but when one is found, it's stands above many.  For me, this is one of them.  I too hope that fixes continue.

• Like 1

In addition to units chasing the routed units they have been told to target, they are also not releasing the lock.  So they are still targeting a unit that is outside of their range, when there is an enemy unit right in front of them blasting them in the face.

Hi guys, one quick question, maybe reading the prior post in this threat might had me somewhat confuse... are the what if battles for Washington and Richmond after Cold Harbor still part of the game right?

Battle transitions are still not working properly, sometimes

I'm in the 2nd Bull Run, second time attacking Stonewall's fortified position (first attack didn't get to the objective in time). I took the objective and somehow, I think a retreating unit "captured" the position and the battle immediately went into a "lost 2nd day" mode - or something - I couldn't tell because I still had time on the timer but suddenly the battle just ended. This has happened to me once before in another battle (forgot which one). So, we moved into the next day, with my army all the way back at the starting position instead of all over the ridge beating up the CSA's battered army. It's ridiculous, and I quit the game since I didn't save during the battle.

I think if there's a "contested" timer, it should really be active for both sides - if for example, Union held their attack objective and the CSA briefly retook it, it shouldn't end the battle immediately in a Union loss - which is what happens right now it seems. Maybe a shorter "contested" timer should run for CSA until either it runs out or the Union take it back, and then run a contested timer again. The point is, right now this is completely broken in situations like this when a stray unit somehow managed to "capture" the point even though my army was all around the point. 

Hey guys

New on the forum :)
Been playing this amazing game since early acces and have logged 300+ hours.

Can't see that this have been mentioned in this thread:
The post release patch should have fixed the game-breaking "awkward retreat" from former versions. Great!
BUT
The fallback function is sometimes completely dysfunctional with units falling back in a line parallel to the unit they are engaging.
It's extremely frustrating playing on legendary and seeing your crack spencer armed troops getting slaughtered because of a faulty mechanic.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hey Nick, 

Any chance of getting a "right/left by the flank move" for the troops?  Possibly to counter all those fake "Flanked" warnings?  It should work similarly to the "Fall Back" command where your troops move while maintaining a "Face Front" keeping an eye on the enemy, yet allowing the player to adjust alignment. 

Edited by A. P. Hill
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hannibalbarca said:

have you tried rmb from the end of the unit draw a line to the flank,to get it to pivot to the new direction and then order it to hold as soon as it pivots to begin its move forward when facing new direction?

Point I am trying to make is I don't want the unit to pivot.  Especially in the face of the enemy.  Because as soon as the unit pivots it gets tagged with a moral hit and the game calls the unit flanked, and ultimately they lose cohesion and route. 

What I'm asking for is for the unit to remaining double line formation and then adjust their position by side stepping.

The game has the feature already in the collision detection, and the troops shift left or right as needed.

I would just like a button in the ui were I can command them "By the X Flank, March!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A. P. Hill said:

Hey Nick, 

Any chance of getting a right/left flank move for the troops?  Possibly to counter all those fake "Flanked" warnings?  It should work similarly to the "Fall Back" command where your troops move while maintaining a "Face Front" keeping an eye on the enemy, yet allowing the player to adjust alignment. 

Spot on AP!

On 8/1/2017 at 7:54 PM, A. P. Hill said:

Point I am trying to make is I don't want the unit to pivot.  Especially in the face of the enemy.  Because as soon as the unit pivots it gets tagged with a moral hit and the game calls the unit flanked, and ultimately they lose cohesion and route. 

What I'm asking for is for the unit to remaining double line formation and then adjust their position by side stepping.

The game has the feature already in the collision detection, and the troops shift left or right as needed.

I would just like a button in the ui were I can command them "By the X Flank, March!"

*cough*