Game-Labs Forum

Hi, I'm a Spanish player, I've been playing since February of 2016 on the pvp1 server, now the pvp EU.

Few weeks ago I started crafting ships on the PVP server, so while my LH were "recharging", I decided to start playing at the PVE server, but I think that server needs some more action; I'm okay with the peaceful ambient but I think there should be a bigger purpose than just getting the biggest ship, so I was thinking that maybe it would be cooler if you add the PB at this server too, but still with the peaceful ambient of OW, so anyone who wants to fight can start a PB but if you don't want to, you can keep attacking AI or doing missions.

• Like 1

If/when we get raids on the PvP-servers, one could hope that those could be implemented on the PvE-server too, but with NPC-defenders only, and not player-defenders.

However, adding RvR on the PvE-server would be very counterintuitive and probably not go over well with anyone. Let alone be very complicated for a plethora of reasons. RvR would affect people's PvE play-style and choices in a negative way.

And don't forget that devs were planning to merge PvE and PvP by making PvE-zones on the map on the PvP-server. The idea was shut down by an outcry from the PvE-server population. 

I don't think you've taken time to consider the ramifications of adding RvR to the PvE-server. It would no longer be a PvE-server. But there would be no screening for instance.

You do know that you can play PvP (or PvE even) on the PvP-server while you wait for your labour hours to recharge? You can earn gold and XP that way. No need to go to the PvE-server if you find it dull there.

• Like 1

PvE PB would like to see that work. 

I'd think a PvE PB would work along the lines of an EPIC. So, always 25v25 with you and friends on one side plus ai extras unlike EPICs. 

If you win you keep it for I don't know 1 to 3 server restarts then reverts back to its normal status and cannot be  attacked for additional 3 restarts 

@Anolyticsays on the original planned merger I still think is the way forward. But like he said was heavily shot down without even trying it on the testbed  

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1

PvE certainly needs some sort of 'end game' features. PvE port raids where you don't get to keep the port would be ok. Basically some sort of group endeavor that doesn't negatively impact other players but gives folks something new to do together.

• Like 2

I think implementing Port Battles into the PvE server would a giant stride in player co-ordination action/battles. It would bring an awesome dynamic to taking over ports even from AI NPC ships and capture gun towers. The payouts could be similar to Missions only the specific challenge leader could get the payout (if won) for the entire group. Even the port would revert to it's former national owner the challenge would be very interesting... to say the least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jesters-Ink said:

Nah, no good, as most players play Brit, they would own the map in no time.

I was wondering that, you think Spanish will be the high pop one. I need to make my chars over there and was going to pick the top three nations and prob just see if any one wants to buy my labor hours for me or something to set up a little bit there.

Now back to PvE OP topic.  Devs said more PvE content will come, but it's prob going to be something we see added when the game more moves to Beta stage of development and the basic game mechanics are worked out or even more after release.    When they aren't working on game mechanics they will have time to work on things like quest and PvE content.   Hopefully it's stuff that will be in the future, but I won't expect anything different from PvP servers on PvE servers until after release.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was wondering that, you think Spanish will be the high pop one. I need to make my chars over there and was going to pick the top three nations and prob just see if any one wants to buy my labor hours for me or something to set up a little bit there.

Now back to PvE OP topic.  Devs said more PvE content will come, but it's prob going to be something we see added when the game more moves to Beta stage of development and the basic game mechanics are worked out or even more after release.    When they aren't working on game mechanics they will have time to work on things like quest and PvE content.   Hopefully it's stuff that will be in the future, but I won't expect anything different from PvP servers on PvE servers until after release.

Unfortunately I can't disagree with the Senior Pirate here, remember Legends is just round the corner as well. Even with a different Dev team its still a real load factor. 

However, I would say though that all the mechanics are actually already in place. Nothing complicated but would be nice. Also getting the newer players introduced to Port Battle mechanics would be a good PvP aid as well. Could the testbed test it perhaps...?

I think after all the "crying" about almost not having a PvE server at all (me included) it would not be a good idea to start talking about mixing PvE and PvP just yet.

That said, I do think there is potential for mixed "server" under the right conditions. 

A condition such as "a player" attacks a fleet belonging to your nation, can be attacked by you, whilst in battle. Again, it all gets a bit complicated on the implication.

There should not be port capture, as this would lead to unbalance with the most populated nations overrunning the lesser ones in no time.

There could be some sort of consent option, so a player sees another player out on the OW and offer a duel, the player then has the click yes or no box to consent to the PvP challenge? I'm not sure any of these idea are any good or even worth considering, but I'll throw them out there.

On 7/13/2017 at 4:01 PM, Jesters-Ink said:

There could be some sort of consent option, so a player sees another player out on the OW and offer a duel, the player then has the click yes or no box to consent to the PvP challenge? I'm not sure any of these idea are any good or even worth considering, but I'll throw them out there.

I think direct personal challenges on the OW go against the PvE mentality, however, a Duel option in the Missions tab would probably be welcome.

At this time, fine tuning the game mechanics and working on a finalized UI are the biggest priorities. Once game is stable on the new engine and mechanics are done (as much as done can be...which could be never!), then adding content to both servers is going to be a breeze...I think.