Game-Labs Forum

to hard for nooobs

the changes to the game have made it difficult to enjoy if your new and trying to find your feet. countless ai battles in cutter witch are boaring only to buy your first ship to then find you cant afford cannons repairs or rig reps.the only advice you get is join a clan, well i dont want to i like playing games solo

• Like 1

No worries, it's a part of this game design. The only down side here are bad reviews and refunds. Also, Recent reviews show that Devs picked the wrong developing path again and this means we are not moving anywhere. Even if they do introduce content it will be too late anyway. 

Edited by Lordicious

6 minutes ago, chippey said:

the changes to the game have made it difficult to enjoy if your new and trying to find your feet. countless ai battles in cutter witch are boaring only to buy your first ship to then find you cant afford cannons repairs or rig reps.the only advice you get is join a clan, well i dont want to i like playing games solo

I am a solo player, but I am no noob.  It is hard but not impossible.  

Here is some simple tips.

-Start with the cutter it is free and everything is free.  So everything is profit.

-save up 50-100k in the cutter, you should max out the cutters knowledge slots while doing this (it sucks but it will be worth it)

-LOOT EVERYTHING!

-Attack AI trade ships and loot them too.  You can easily make 20-100k off of one.

-Once you have saved up your first 100k, buy a Snow, Privateer, or Pickle.  All 3 of which are good hunting ships and cheap.   

I think it took me about 2 days to save up 100k, playing about 2 hours a day in a cutter.  If I had hunted LGVs I could do it in about an hour or two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chippey said:

One thing I did not know the first time I played the new wipe, was that basic cutter repairs are free and don't take resources.  You can always repair in battle.

But I agree with you, starting out brand new would be too difficult, especially since level 1 combat missions can have several enemies in them.

• Like 2

The game is fairly playable solo, you just need to know how and it eats more time than ever... that's the problem in NA... no tutorials, no proper tooltips or any info for new players at all. But i understand your frustration... too much pve / boring mission grinding, especially for new players and you wont get on gear / upgrade level with hardcore players in zerg clans any time soon unless you quit your real life. The worst part of the game is that if you get your ship now as a noob you have to spend like 5-10x as much on top to upgrade it to at least decent level... it really is shitty game desgin, especially with the RNG drops and if i had just purchased the game and found out about this i would refund right away.

• Like 3