Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SamuelPepys

This might not be a bug ...

... so I dare to start a new topic: When in Lynx I noticed that I get greyish gun range and red line for aiming high/low, but

when looking portside the red line is missing (which makes it even harder for me to aim).

Am I doing something wrong, is it intentional?

Regards!

Ok: I aim right side from my ship (starbord), greyish field on water appears as well as small red line.

I look left side of my Lynx and the greyish field is there, but no small red line whatever I try to turn my ship while still looking portside.

(I am a hopeless landlubber, I fear ..)

Did you right click while on port side?  Should bring the aim line up.  Tested it, it works as it should.  If you are heeling your line will be pretty low, if you are taking water and your cannons are x'ed out you wont be able to aim as they are pretty much under water and you're about to go down.

• Like 1

In addition to Balck's statement, if you rotate too far to the left/right while in aiming mode with the red line, you'll "jump" back a bit and be back into free-look mode.  So if you're looking at your red line on the starboard side, and you rotate your view over to the port side, you need to right click your mouse to once again enter aiming mode once you're looking to port.

Does that make sense, and have we answered your question?

• Like 1

@Balck, thank you. Will try right click next time (thought I had, but maybe I am missing it out in the heat of battle).

And yes, the heeling (!) might have been the cause. Or taking water from leaks caused by my immature approach to battle :D

@Henry d' Esterre Darby: Much appreciated! Thank you, too.

Another tip, you don't have to be right on deck to right click and bring up the gun sight.  Found that out later than the lynx, helps to keep up situational awareness.  You merely move the camera facing in the direction you want to fire, right click, and you'll be sighting your guns.  Good luck and welcome!