Game-Labs Forum

Tick Feature Request

sigsaucy

The historical importance of ticks on the battlefield cannot be understated.

Using a slider to set your troop strength is pretty annoying.  I'm sure most people are like me and want their units to be a fixed size before every battle.  When I've maxed out Army Organization, my max brigade size is 2.5k, but I only want them to be 2k.

Right now you have to drag the slider and finesse it until it's in the perfect spot.  I request that a ticks are set at some certain interval so that when you drag the slider near by them, it snaps to it, every 500 men would be pretty reasonable.  

This would make it hard to to pick a unit of size 1995, but you can use the arrow buttons for that.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, sigsaucy said:

The historical importance of ticks on the battlefield cannot be understated.

Using a slider to set your troop strength is pretty annoying.  I'm sure most people are like me and want their units to be a fixed size before every battle.  When I've maxed out Army Organization, my max brigade size is 2.5k, but I only want them to be 2k.

Right now you have to drag the slider and finesse it until it's in the perfect spot.  I request that a ticks are set at some certain interval so that when you drag the slider near by them, it snaps to it, every 500 men would be pretty reasonable.  

This would make it hard to to pick a unit of size 1995, but you can use the arrow buttons for that.

Agreed! I have the same problem! I like 2000 man brigades, but I'm more or less forced to switch to 2500s. Most games, I'll even hesitate maxing out my army organization, simply because I don't want to deal with brigade sizes.

3 hours ago, Albert Sidney Johnston said:

Agreed! I have the same problem! I like 2000 man brigades, but I'm more or less forced to switch to 2500s. Most games, I'll even hesitate maxing out my army organization, simply because I don't want to deal with brigade sizes.

I never max out army organization. Once I get to 3 corps/4 divisions, and 2000 man brigades, I leave it alone! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...