Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

2 hours ago, _Alucard_ said:

But you put here the picture without telling the true story because I was there with the Buc.....Am I right or not?

No, I put it there because it was a fun and engaging fight, fairly even, regardless if you participated in it or not :) I wish I had a video.

PS. Damn forum keeps crashing on mobile while posting... 

30 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

I gotta give it to the Americans. They keep trying massacre after massacre...

All them Requin sand all those captured ships I assume it was a rage board wet dream.

i honestly wasn’t expecting that big of a turn out on the US side with I being that late on a work night, but a lot of those names are guys that rarely do port battles or fairly new or very casual players.

Battle of Roseau

8329071BF7E2707B10BED67D2596DE10752B05CD

After the Swedish nation had lost the port Roseau against the french a while ago, we destided to strike back and get back our Elsaß-Lothringen.

To get into the portbattel, we had to smart-out the russian screening "fleet", who didnt got a fight tonight. Ones we made it into the portbattel, all forts and all towers got destroyed by a great mortar brig player, who got more the 600 points for the swedes and then started to shoot the bigger ships of the french fleet - demasting them and bringing fire and death all over their ships.
French tactics were smart too, because they had some smaller ships joining later and because they went for points, trapping more and more ships into a fight of nutrition in B-circel, killing a 3rd rate.
Swedish situation got desperate, after there where only 20 mins left untill the end of the portbattel. Then the french did the only misstake in that battel: they went in. Their first attack looked promising, nearly killing one of two oceans and all swedish hopes seemed to vanish. Lucky for the swedes, one of the old-rabbits stepped up, took over commande and saved the day, by making a brillant maneuver. French got in danger of getting beached and then getting killed by the mortar brig. The rest of the french main force had to split up and got hunted down one by one. One might guess, that there would have been more french losses, if they had gone in earlier. But that wouldnt have changed anything at circle B, were the sweds could slowly but steady win too.
It was a great battel of tactics, that was won, because the french deviated from their original plan, because there was a brilliant mortar brig and because rediii-russians failed to support their allied appropriately. Rumors, according to which the french-rediii-russian alliance is about to break, havent been confirmed yet; we are waiting to hear more from our spies.

Greatest respect to the french from the swedish nation-ts and we are looking to forward to defend it.

this text was written by Mortar:-do-your-job-then-go-and-die

Edited by Friedus
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Friedus said:

Battel of Roseau

8329071BF7E2707B10BED67D2596DE10752B05CD

After the Swedish nation had lost the port Roseau against the french a while ago, we destided to strike back and get back our Elsaß-Lothringen.

To get into the portbattel, we had to smart-out the russian screening "fleet", who didnt got a fight tonight. Ones we made it into the portbattel, all forts and all towers got destroyed by a great mortar brig player, who got more the 600 points for the swedes and then started to shoot the bigger ships of the french fleet - demasting them and bringing fire and death all over their ships.
French tactics were smart too, because they had some smaller ships joining later and because they went for points, trapping more and more ships into a fight of nutrition in B-circel, killing a 3rd rate.
Swedish situation got desperate, after there where only 20 mins left untill the end of the portbattel. Then the french did the only misstake in that battel: they went in. Their first attack looked promising, nearly killing one of two oceans and all swedish hopes seemed to vanish. Lucky for the swedes, one of the old-rabbits stepped up, took over commande and saved the day, by making a brillant maneuver. French got in danger of getting beached and then getting killed by the mortar brig. The rest of the french main force had to split up and got hunted down one by one. One might guess, that there would have been more french losses, if they had gone in earlier. But that wouldnt have changed anything at circle B, were the sweds could slowly but steady win too.
It was a great battel of tactics, that was won, because the french deviated from their original plan, because there was a brilliant mortar brig and because rediii-russians failed to support their allied appropriately. Rumors, according to which the french-rediii-russian alliance is about to break, havent been confirmed yet; we are waiting to hear more from our spies.

Greatest respect to the french from the swedish nation-ts and we are looking to forward to defend it.

this text was written by Morter:-do-your-job-then-go-and-die

Unfortunately, this battle is showing ( and probably most to those which were participating), that notorius "kiting" is still possible. Not judging, just stating, what is already known.

21 hours ago, Fenris said:

Unfortunately, this battle is showing ( and probably most to those which were participating), that notorius "kiting" is still possible. Not judging, just stating, what is already known.

Well they are French what else do you expect from them they only attacked when they thought they had the upper hand the only person who could reliably shoot was Des moines. The rest was either scurrying away or shooting and running

Edited by pietjenoob
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, pietjenoob said:

Well they are French what else do you expect from them they only attacked when they thought they had the upper hand the only person who could reliably was Des moines. the rest was either scurrying away or shooting and running

As the victor of a Port Battle you should have the decency not to blaspheme over the defeated opponent. Sweden has also lost some battles due to a lack of organization.

Edited by Graf von Werle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PG Monkey said:

20180910034105_1.jpg

Kudos to these guys...  they fought really well.  Especially Enola Delacroix.  Went down fighting until the end.

Wished we could have finished off the two Mercs, but oh well....

Well done, lads.  O7   Thanks for the good time!

50 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

2 nations screening for you + Sadistic DC'ed and lots of kiting and running. I guess we got very unlucky but was a good fight. 

Getting a screening was the only way to win, as otherwise your MBrigs would massacre us before we could even get to a fight sailing against the wind. With a good wind and standard deployment this port is easier to attack than defend.

It was a good battle. Nice to see Pirates working well together, thanks guys :) 

Prussians as always were a skilled enemy.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

2 nations screening for you + Sadistic DC'ed and lots of kiting and running. I guess we got very unlucky but was a good fight. After PB another 5 battles and overall we sank more than lost, so I'm quite happy.

They stabbed us in the back, too, after you guys got in.

Sweden betrayal level: Spain