Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

5 minutes ago, vazco said:

Is there a movie? How did the battle play out?

It gave us a lot of ideas on what we need to improve upon and generally gave us quite a few lessons to learn.

Brits gained wind advantage at beginning and kept it throughout most of the battle and then started crushing us after a quite unfortunate command to tack the fleet in a wrong direction in a wrong moment. Shit hit the fan, chaos unveiled and we lost the battle soon after.

It was an interesting experience. Actually - first PB experience for most of Commonwealth players that participated in that battle. We do regret losing our Capital, but we'll manage, rebuild, learn and come back stronger. 

Good fight and congratulations to winners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaRho said:

It gave us a lot of ideas on what we need to improve upon and generally gave us quite a few lessons to learn.

Brits gained wind advantage at beginning and kept it throughout most of the battle and then started crushing us after a quite unfortunate command to tack the fleet in a wrong direction in a wrong moment. Shit hit the fan, chaos unveiled and we lost the battle soon after.

It was an interesting experience. Actually - first PB experience for most of Commonwealth players that participated in that battle. We do regret losing our Capital, but we'll manage, rebuild, learn and come back stronger. 

Good fight and congratulations to winners.

I think DaRho here puts it a bit harshly. Yes there were numerous mistakes made by the Commonwealth. But there were moments and parts of the battle that seemed to click very well. For example communication. Some of us did not know a lick of Polish and some of us did not know a lick of English. Yet we were able to organize and create a communication system that worked apart from a snag where one of the translators perished and then we realized they were not able to use the map which threw us off a bit and caused some confusion. Although we reorganized a minute or two later, the small window that appeared where we could have focused all our firepower on a small group of Great Britain ships closed. There was also a moment earlier where we were able to split a few of their ships from their battle line but failed to capitalize mainly because of the lack of experience on our side. Mind you none of the Polish players have ever commanded anything of this size or dealt with leading a port battle. Many of the players were casuals and have dealt more with small PvP interactions. Great Britain brought some of their best and very experienced RvR players. So for us in the Commonwealth, I think we all felt that we can at least keep our heads up since the battle could have been horribly worse and it was not a train wreck. I think the one thing we are most proud of is how well we organized for this port battle just under 24 hours. We were able to bring a full PB fleet to match Great Britain's numbers, everyone knew what to bring and what their role would be ahead of time, and the initial plans were set. We came out of this battle and learn what mistakes we made and where we need to improve. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Toto Cabbage said:

If i were "Russian" i would just quit the game. It's humiliating. Without your thickness meta Northie you are an utter trash.

You are allied to half of the server Northie and you still whine about RUBLI and Sweden...

You can not do that Toto. You can not make Nort and Graffi stop. They are oure favorit enemy. 

If you keep this trash talk about them have to quit, I am going to have a talk with your mum, young man.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toto Cabbage said:

And where do you fight them. They never leave Bermuda's unless in 70 ships strong fleet.

Just think it must be posible to relocate them. Maybe make a mutal agrement about Bermuda be neutral to all. Bring them closer to all so they also play and have fun with us all.

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Well at least you are in France :lol:

Makes the move to sweden faster. Just imagine all of us taking over. Making a new council. As russia was more rvr players not including HRE and their lapdogs. Not doing what hre wants. It would be glorious.

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

55 minutes ago, rediii said:

What exactly would you take over?

You cant even defend your safezone vs 7 pirates

"Not my safezone". I wonder what will happen when RUBLi starts camping Gustavia. I guess @rediii will start making suggestions on how to improve the game again(but only for sweden)?

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

2 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

You are just salty because you realised what a lot have been saying for ages: Sweden is NOT a very hard to play nation.

That's even disputable? Sweden used to be, now it isn't. The Empire wasn't, now it is.