Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

9 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Pirates were on different comms too, you see ALOHA on our thingy, Russians on their Teamspeak and some EXILE, but that's not the point. The point is that it is just pathetic that hostile nation can have a fleet right outside British capital and most of the time the major British clans don't give a single hello kitty. Now you can have excuses that there is a safe zone, no danger, blah blah... but back in the day without safe zones... this was very pathetic. When I started playing, once enemy fleet started blockading KPR or was spotted nearby, British would assembly defensive fleet in no time and engage, drive away enemies. Then it all became "who cares about KPR", "only rookies around, forget about it", "leave KPR"... Now it becomes "It's safe zone, who cares, ignore them". That is just very pathetic and shows the weakness of the nation. My friends told me that like always there was a huge drama in nation chat about this fight, about the blockade. This also shows a bad example for the new players, the biggest clans and best players in the nation totally ignore hostile fleet right next to the capital of the British Empire. 

that fleet is all we had online im afraid ... we had to wait 20 mins for some players finsihing off what they were doing  and get there ...we did the best we can if its not good enough for you ,,, thats your problem

monk33y laughs and says we cant dominate  a 15-20 man spanish clan ... I would say at the moment spain has more players than us with port battle / pvp experience

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

Of course, it's not. I remember the days the vast majority of Brits actually did fights around Jamaica for pure PvP and fun. 

of course its the same  i remember those days too .... trouble is those players dont play anymore

we cannot magic good pvp players out of a hat ... if there not in game .. nothing we can do

if there were other players online that you know about ... they didnt make themselves known in TS or nation chat ..

what do you expect  us to do . we either go with what we have or not at all

those that took part had fun ..and hopefully we all learnt a few things for next time ..

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

It's not about good or bad players, it's about these that care. Right now the % of players that care about something else than the end of their nose is very small.

dont disagree ..... and those that cared ... joined the battle ... i cant do much about those that dont ... you seem to think there were other clans in nation that sat back and did nothing .. if there were like i said they were not in TS and didnt respond on nation chat

lots of people have left brit nation ... either they dont play anymore ,, or joined other nations because the couldnt get there own way ..

it is what it is .... if your upset about it thats not my problem

9 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Pirates were on different comms too, you see ALOHA on our thingy, Russians on their Teamspeak and some EXILE, but that's not the point. The point is that it is just pathetic that hostile nation can have a fleet right outside British capital and most of the time the major British clans don't give a single hello kitty. Now you can have excuses that there is a safe zone, no danger, blah blah... but back in the day without safe zones... this was very pathetic. When I started playing, once enemy fleet started blockading KPR or was spotted nearby, British would assembly defensive fleet in no time and engage, drive away enemies. Then it all became "who cares about KPR", "only rookies around, forget about it", "leave KPR"... Now it becomes "It's safe zone, who cares, ignore them". That is just very pathetic and shows the weakness of the nation. My friends told me that like always there was a huge drama in nation chat about this fight, about the blockade. This also shows a bad example for the new players, the biggest clans and best players in the nation totally ignore hostile fleet right next to the capital of the British Empire. 

I is pathetic when experience players are coming to KPR and  shots newbies. yes, you are HERO. So yes, it was a shame battle but when you get 10 experience players with 15 newbies that happens. Newbies messing more with own fleet that enemy's.

And yes again, GB nation is suffering difficult since 3 biggest clan turn over to pirates. but all those HERO's killing newbies around KPR are really pathetic.

As for me those players which play this game not so long but trying to fight and dying get more respect then others. That is best way to discourage new players to the game. that s the reason there is 500 players online not 5k. Go show you power against newbies, pathetic.

Edited by Testosteron
missing some sentence
  • Like 1

Game tends to be polarized in that regard; Dedicated PvP'ers will orbitate towards one another and form communities, small or big. They will roam and sweep and most of the time won't come to face each other ( and even turning tail more times than not ). Even popularized pvp nations avoid clashing with each other somehow, with some notable examples. 

Of course many promising pvp'ers will try to emulate the veterans examples, hence why leading by example is important. If a cadet is trained for gank sweeps all the time, well, he will grow up into being a very effective organizer of gank squadron ( maximize modules and knowledge per ship - high pen demaster, high speed tagger, high boarding, etc - to make the complete sweep squad ).

But very nice battles through the entire weekend evenings. Many screenshots were shared in global but very few make it up in here.

You know whas fine about KPR at the moment? It's a hotspot. It's like a big swarm of fish, that attracts all kind of hunters. The small fish are save if they don't wanna mess with hunters - I agree there has to be more enlightenment for newbies concerning jumpable attacks on open world fleets.

Louis I got about 5 fights yesterday at KPR: twice against pirates, a gank on someone who attacked an OW fleet, a duel with a veteran and a fight vs the french.

As it's all about fighting: I don't care whos there as long as I get my daily dose of pvp.

• Like 5

We had fun yesterday at Belize, it was a shame that a British force double our size ran for the Belize safezone when 5 reds ships appeared out of the fog!

We had to sit on the edge of the greenzone for 30mins as the brits were afraid of attacking 1 aggy, 1 bellona, 1 coni's, 1 (fire) frig and a suprise with the British force of 1 santi, 2 coni's, 3 wasa's, 2 bellona's, 2 agi's, 5 princes + a few little ships!

It was a good fight... Gg brits (next time try leaving the greenzone) 

Btw the Belize greenzone is huge wtf Devs!!!!

Ps. Fire frig babysat the santi! Santa's burn good :) liked how the brits also use fireships :)

Edited by monk33y

Ah yes ! Have the correct radius of zones plotted :) if anyone cares to make a overlay.

So, center your drawing circle tool in Las Aves port ( south map ). Enlarge circle until it covers the island to the west slightly away from the shallows. That is the extension of the zones. Copy paste layer and apply it to PvE-Server map ( uncapturable ports are the only ones with nation flags ).

Done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I will fight anyone... besides the fact that experienced players are very experienced at avoiding fights and newbies are easy to get caught. These 2 things combined make it quite obvious who's been targeted. Most of the time I avoid fighting low-rank players like Master & Commander and below that. That's my personal codex I try to obey.

There is a few problem that may not be related players. This game is still called alpha. There are not training tools where new players can learn how to sail, use different weapon and charges.,there is no tools to learn newbies how to keep formation.

So when you call pvp and new players join a battle, you can see what happens in battle report. I've been rammed 4 time by own nation players, once even turned to enemy's (lucky I managed to interrupted boarding). Another friendly player was stuck on newbie that didn't allowed him to turn out when he was main target, results, he lost ship in a 1st minute of the battle. WE try to organize new players but they even don't join TS or discord. I'm not sure if they are all even understand it English... (judge by they reactions on battle channel I doubt if they know English).

I don't blame newbies, they try but 50% of them will drop game after week of been ganked by HERO's.

Dews try to make safe zone to protect new players but it didn't work well. We try to take new's to our clan, learn them and supply with ships they lose so they don't drop a game. But honesty, pve mission's ain't good enough to learn pvp. I'm personally scared to bring more than 1-2 newbies to the pvp battle. there are no time to explain them mechanics quick enough before they get sink.

So we shalll be all for good of the game find the way how can we get new players into the game before they will be discourage ... maybe game shall not allowed to get a battle between blayers that are 2 levels difference or sotething like that .... 

5 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

All the 3 famous British captains :lol:

Lets put it this way .. I have seen some strange things in NA lately. This fight was one of them.

And before you ask ... no, I am not going to talk about it further, because this is not the thread for it.