Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

VP v RU: Santa Marta

VP: Gregory Rainsborough

RU: North Viking

Russians decided to adopt the MONX tactic and sat beneath the fort in the hopes of baiting us to come to the forts and die en masse. I thought not so we sat in C circle while smaller ships capped B and A so we started to accumulate points. Russians then send forces to A to prevent this which eventually snowballed with more and more ships being sent there in pairs to even the odds and give either side advantage. Dutch fleet eventually moved in force to A leaving holding force at C. C came under attack by small group of Russians looking to deny points accumulation. Major engagement occurred in A with Russian ships losing the wind almost immediately and being focus fired. Eventually broke into small engagements with Russian tactic to win on time by preventing point accumulation by keeping a presence in all circles.

An unfortunate wind shift buggered my tack forcing me into the Russians who then leaked my Santi to death. 20 leaks and no pump makes Greg a sad boi. This allowed full time command and I micromanaged the different engagements across the battle. C eventually was won by relatively equal forces and forcing the Russian forces back to the northern square fort but not before dispatching our Ratt in the retreat. The battle in A caused some Russians to retreat to B with Dutch forces pursuing. Dutch went in for brawl with Russians at A despite being forts and Russian forces being present in an effort to force the battle to be concluded. The Dutch came out on top in brawl with isolated Russians in A being picked off leading to a snowball effect with being rammed, boarded and sunk. This led to Dutch controlling all circle by end of battle and accumulating points quickly, just enough to finish the battle with a Dutch win in the last 20 seconds of the port battle with three further Russian players being on the verge of exploding or sinking.

20191023104750_1.jpg

Battle was streamed by Sniper

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/498372327

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 7

Just now, Captain Reverse said:

Great battle from the Russians. But, in your place, I would have thought it over))))

U have more first rates, more 2-3 rates, and in general more ships.

And you with great difficulty, in the last seconds won this battle)

1 more 1st rate than them and a Buc.

Not my fault Russians didn't encourage their nation to come in smaller ships. Their failure to do so would have been more convenient and sped up the battle a bit as it's quite difficult to remove players from hiding underneath the square fort.

Lots of ifs not enough booms.

• Like 2

Just now, Gregory Rainsborough said:

1 more 1st rate than them and a Buc.

Not my fault Russians didn't encourage their nation to come in smaller ships. Their failure to do so would have been more convenient and sped up the battle a bit as it's quite difficult to remove players from hiding underneath the square fort.

Lots of ifs not enough booms.

u realy speak about forts after Cartagena port battls ? :D 

ahaha)))

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

ahaha)))

Yes he did make a joke about that in his first line ;)

The Russians in this battle tried to kite and were hoping to win on time/points (can't blame them in this case) but when it came to individual brawls the Dutch ships were generally the victors, however the Dutch have a massive problem when it comes to finishing players off and following simple commands at times. If they can overcome this, I can see some very interesting battles in the future (assuming they dont all leave the game out of boredom first as so many seem to be doing right now)

FIX THE GODDAMN BR LIMITS DEVS!

Edited by H982 FKL
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

VP v RU: Santa Marta

VP: Gregory Rainsborough

RU: North Viking

Russians decided to adopt the MONX tactic and sat beneath the fort in the hopes of baiting us to come to the forts and die en masse. I thought not so we sat in C circle while smaller ships capped B and A so we started to accumulate points. Russians then send forces to A to prevent this which eventually snowballed with more and more ships being sent there in pairs to even the odds and give either side advantage. Dutch fleet eventually moved in force to A leaving holding force at C. C came under attack by small group of Russians looking to deny points accumulation. Major engagement occurred in A with Russian ships losing the wind almost immediately and being focus fired. Eventually broke into small engagements with Russian tactic to win on time by preventing point accumulation by keeping a presence in all circles.

An unfortunate wind shift buggered my tack forcing me into the Russians who then leaked my Santi to death. 20 leaks and no pump makes Greg a sad boi. This allowed full time command and I micromanaged the different engagements across the battle. C eventually was won by relatively equal forces and forcing the Russian forces back to the northern square fort but not before dispatching our Ratt in the retreat. The battle in A caused some Russians to retreat to B with Dutch forces pursuing. Dutch went in for brawl with Russians at A despite being forts and Russian forces being present in an effort to force the battle to be concluded. The Dutch came out on top in brawl with isolated Russians in A being picked off leading to a snowball effect with being rammed, boarded and sunk. This led to Dutch controlling all circle by end of battle and accumulating points quickly, just enough to finish the battle with a Dutch win in the last 20 seconds of the port battle with three further Russian players being on the verge of exploding or sinking.

20191023104750_1.jpg

Battle was streamed by Sniper

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/498372327

Lol gregory, you were 6 more guys in battle and you flip the port in one bad time for us, with our main PB fleet inactive, and you win in the last ten seconds. I suppose that you choose that time because you dont want a real battle with us. No problem for that, you can choose your strategy and your tactics, but stop making propaganda xD

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Despe said:

Lol gregory, you were 6 more guys in battle and you flip the port in one bad time for us, with our main PB fleet inactive, and you win in the last ten seconds. I suppose that you choose that time because you dont want a real battle with us. No problem for that, you can choose your strategy and your tactics, but stop making propaganda xD

Not my fault you don't put timers on your ports.

We picked a time that gave us an advantage over you. Russia's strength is her screeners. We knew provided we could get in we could win, a bit closer than I would have liked but Russia lost the brawl which is rare and a positive step forwards for the Dutch RvR fleet.

Whether we win at the last second or twenty minutes before the end, the result is the same.

42 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

ahaha)))

See first line of my original comment for criticisms of that approach :)

• Like 6

The "you guys are so bad" is funny when the dutch won in the end. If they were so bad why did they win? 

All those IF this and IF that, makes those IFs real if you want to win next time. It almost reminds me of when BF was losing Baracoa and then a "pirate" gave up their ship to reverse almost like it was planned 🤔.

• Like 1

I for one was really glad that a good fight was had. Usually in cases of bad timers, the strength different between the 2 fleet are so great and it end up as an empty port battle.

Watching our commander and dutch fleet constantly changing tactics and micro managing is like watching a good chess game, I really enjoyed it. Thanks everyone that participated.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Whether we win at the last second or twenty minutes before the end, the result is the same.

26 minutes ago, Immersive Ganking said:

Can Russians stop crying please?

@Despe If you want a fight, maybe you should tell Christendom to set a timer. If he doesn't, there is no reason why the enemy shouldn't use his failure to their advantage.

where i cry? i only said that gregory post an absurd propaganda, and of course you can attack a port in the time thet you want, but if ducth need do that for win a battle, so RIP dutch.

58 minutes ago, Emain Macha said:

I for one was really glad that a good fight was had. Usually in cases of bad timers, the strength different between the 2 fleet are so great and it end up as an empty port battle.

Watching our commander and dutch fleet constantly changing tactics and micro managing is like watching a good chess game, I really enjoyed it. Thanks everyone that participated.

And that is a comment I like to see, someone enjoying playing this game. Instead of arguing and explaining all the reasons someone lost..

wind changes are tactical a real mindbreaker. just hope the port BR will be changed again. With these BR. it's just boring Ocean gameplay instead of trying out tactical fleetcomposure. I loved the 5000 BR ports so you could go with a few 1st or many 3rd rates. Makes screening even more important aswell.

o7

32 minutes ago, Immersive Ganking said:

Get Bernadotte back into the game for stupid Russian propaganda :)

Despe is not giving Russian propaganda he is giving spanish propaganda dressed up as a big angry bear.

He is part of the glory hunter generation also NN  and Vso Not really russian for those read BF , Rus and original Reds.

Dont waste your time on pretenders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Despe said:

You have too much brave words since you are in russia, jajaja

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Russians decided to adopt the MONX tactic and sat beneath the fort in the hopes of baiting us to come to the forts and die en masse

so is the tactic "hey, come and sink yourself so I can win" these days?

Edited by Captain2Strong

39 minutes ago, Tac said:

Despe is not giving Russian propaganda he is giving spanish propaganda dressed up as a big angry bear.

He is part of the glory hunter generation also NN  and Vso Not really russian for those read BF , Rus and original Reds.

Come on Tac. You can do better than that..... 

I have 2 questions for you, if you don't mind.

1- Where is Palatinose?

2- I saw this picture in RED's topic:

20191020214307_1.jpg

Any comments about this battle? It's called "gank failed"

57 minutes ago, Tac said:

Said cabal guy which ran away of vp to join swedish zerg then has gone back to vp because sweden was becoming a dead nation... Xd

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

Come on Tac. You can do better than that..... 

I have 2 questions for you, if you don't mind.

1- Where is Palatinose?

2- I saw this picture in RED's topic:

20191020214307_1.jpg

Any comments about this battle? It's called "gank failed"

13 minutes ago, Maculosa said:

Said cabal guy which ran away of vp to join swedish zerg then has gone back to vp because sweden was becoming a dead nation... Xd

See it’s like joining a battle in OW you make a comment and 2 pretenders join straight away .

• Like 1