Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

Was tired so couldn't be arsed to post after the battle.

Screening battle at Walker's Cay.

20190915015539_1.jpg

Tagged just before entering PB. Decided to kill all the screeners and proceed into the PB. I believe Richbeard perished after this screenshot as there was no need to keep more than one person in to kill him and they didn't post screen.

20190915023505_1.jpg

We entered the PB shortly after points had unlocked, Licinio securing one circle against 5 American players while 24 x 7 and Robert secured another. PB joined NE and secured the C circle without opposition. Then moved to engage the main fleet in A circle. Americans kept cohesion for a while but after their fireships (the lynxs) exploded they began to lose it and they were subsequently routed and picked off.

Unfortunately 2 of them were sinking when PB ended as points were being generated too quickly.

• Like 1

Cheap ships to encourage RVR and PVP is a great idea... only if they are crafted.  Back in the fine woods days we had multiple 1st rate battles sometimes daily with 100 folks involved.  Ships were lost over and over.  But because they were easy to replace...everyone focused on the fighting rather than the time and expense needed to organize crafting.  This should be the case in the current version of the game and it sadly is not.  

Capturable AI ships is a low effort solution that will ultimately end up failing because what ACTUALLY needed to be done to improve RVR and PVP wasn’t.   As is tradition.  

Sometimes I wonder what the point of Early Access was... we keep getting untested or failed mechanics forced down our throat that no one seems to have requested.  

Heth you’ve been around long enough to know bad ideas.  This one is a first class stinker.  As part of the “1st rates should matter” and the “my immersion” crowd you got exactly what was desired with the dubs and permit madness.  1st rates and such a pain in the ass to churn out that it seems half the games population within the first 2 months said..meh, screw it and left.  

Making first rates more rare isn’t a terrible thing....but making them more rare and difficult to produce AND making almost all ports need at least 10 of them to fill BR is a mind boggling stupid design decision.  So stupid that as was predicted we’ve been steadily losing population since week 1... so much in fact that now we have this captured ship travesty at our hands like it will somehow fix everything.  It won’t. 

Sorry for the rant boys and girls...but watching poor game design over and over just gets exasperating.  

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 7

First rates must be very rare and the real final goal in a sandbox game, they must have the whow effect when they go in battle and they must be very expensive and you must pay maintenance for that (so that economy will have a purpose in the game again). But to do that we need PBs with lower BR, so we can decide if we want to join in big ships or we want to use numbers of players. I suggested to fix the PB BR with the money and number of players who has a port in that city. So most important ports will have bigger br and smaller ports are open to small br battle. But I think that now is too late, most players have tons of crap first rates in their docks atm

• Like 8

Maybe if game is not measured by number pvp battles / port battles (because that does not reflect quality). Focus on improving game first and those numbers will go up. 

Throw that duck-tape that has been used in the trash where it belongs and do proper fixes, Your game deserves that, and the players too.

Edited by Tsai Dao Ming
  • Like 2

Set the PB BR to 1000 and I bet ppl will bring one 1st rate and something else. Set the BR to 5000 and I bet ppl will bring 5 1st rates and something else. Set it to 15000 and ppl will bring 16 1st rates and something else. Where is the variety in that plan?

And having junk 1st rates is not the same as having perfect built 1st rates made of iron. But at least it gives a better chance than being stuck in low rates against iron built 1st rates. And it's better than being in an empty knowledge slot 1st rate because every time you go to a PB with one it sinks, so you never get experience to unlock it.

I still think the best way to force variety in PBs is to make each port have a BR per Rate mechanic.

22 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

Set the PB BR to 1000 and I bet ppl will bring one 1st rate and something else. Set the BR to 5000 and I bet ppl will bring 5 1st rates and something else. Set it to 15000 and ppl will bring 16 1st rates and something else. Where is the variety in that plan?

And having junk 1st rates is not the same as having perfect built 1st rates made of iron. But at least it gives a better chance than being stuck in low rates against iron built 1st rates. And it's better than being in an empty knowledge slot 1st rate because every time you go to a PB with one it sinks, so you never get experience to unlock it.

I still think the best way to force variety in PBs is to make each port have a BR per Rate mechanic.

Maximum ship ranks I think is necessary

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

Maximum ship ranks I think is necessary

Either that, best to be set by the owning clan like the timer, or much better having water depth. 

You can enter in your 1st rate, but i  some ports you can only sail in a small  channel, which forces you to sail close to the forts, while the smaller ships have a larger area to navigate. The channel can be such narrow in some places, that you cannot even turn your big ship.

That would be historically correct and would decrease the number of 1st rate only battles.

... even if difficult to code for the devs.

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

we had buccentaure meta with I think 16k BR it was.

And the rest is bullshit too. We had quite some mixed fleets because circles are still a thing

I can see 25 Wasas being infinitely more efficient than 11 1st rates, the problem becomes - do you have enough players to do so? Most don't.

@van der Clam I will say if it's 5k BR and you bring 5 1st rates then the opponent has a really chance to outplay and outmaneuver your 5 guys. I'd love to fight that as I would then easily be able to hold more circles and force a hard decision for the small 5 man fleet.

2 hours ago, rediii said:

we had buccentaure meta with I think 16k BR it was.

And the rest is bullshit too. We had quite some mixed fleets because circles are still a thing

That was all because the bellona had 10 less br which was BS with 6k less hp aswell as thickness meta

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I can see 25 Wasas being infinitely more efficient than 11 1st rates, the problem becomes - do you have enough players to do so? Most don't.

@van der Clam I will say if it's 5k BR and you bring 5 1st rates then the opponent has a really chance to outplay and outmaneuver your 5 guys. I'd love to fight that as I would then easily be able to hold more circles and force a hard decision for the small 5 man fleet.

Wasa is fast and maneuverable  so might out run a 1st rate. But 1st rates got a speed buff, I thought....like the Santi. But what's the pen factor vs a 1st rate? I've watched 1 single Russian L'Ocean take on 4 Wasa with ease, barely taking any damage at all. So 1 to 4 ratio is a pretty steep climb.

Seems that atleast REDS and BF didnt wamt to steamroll the entire server, and had the intrest of the game at hearth, the other russian clans not so much it seems..(many of them defaulters from other nations)

Seems They are just gonna conquer without regard for shipbuilding ports/ other players.

If shipcrafting ports fall, people will quit simple as that..

Gb lost many 1th rates now and can only muster AI 1th rates atm..so easy picking for pb ships..

But hey well see, playing with 200 again is fun too right? 

29 minutes ago, Razee said:

Seems that atleast REDS and BF didnt wamt to steamroll the entire server, and had the intrest of the game at hearth, the other russian clans not so much it seems..(many of them defaulters from other nations)

Seems They are just gonna conquer without regard for shipbuilding ports/ other players.

If shipcrafting ports fall, people will quit simple as that..

Gb lost many 1th rates now and can only muster AI 1th rates atm..so easy picking for pb ships..

But hey well see, playing with 200 again is fun too right? 

Pirates took the best GB crafting port, which ports did Russia take that effected gb crafting?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oli Garchy said:

Pirates took the best GB crafting port, which ports did Russia take that effected gb crafting?

Didn't Russian screen for them?

Ok ok, Russia did not take any GB crafting port, but Russian allies did, and Russia did fight for them...

Edited by Batnavo

1 hour ago, Batnavo said:

near Santiago de Cuba was only clan Baltic Fleet, and maybe some randoms players.

First our battle was vs SPANISH

Second our battle was vs Pirates

and for the end we have few battles vs British

u can watch this on my stream

so, for which country did we screen? help me answer for this question :D

p.s. sorry, bettwen battle vs spanish and pirates we join battle 25 brits vs maybe 6-7 pirates for pirates.. :D

9 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

The same dudes who helped GB and HAVOC reduce Spain and Prussia to basically nothing several months ago now gets upset when the same thing starts happening to them.  

Womp womp

Several months ago! Hey man, that's WAY too many times around the inside of the goldfish bowl for me to recall that.

You need to carry less baggage, its gonna eat you up, trust me.

Buster (Still crucifying a brother for eating his easter egg)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Here’s the good news.  

This game is dying and within a month or so will be dead.  

Congratulations ! Yours is the 55th post using the phrase the "game is dying" going back to 2013! 

Keep on posting, just wanna know if you outlive the game.

Buster ( grinning )

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 1