Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

19 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Lol even the chinese clan play for russia lol, the game is so dead ^^

Celtiberofrog sorry but your post looks like:

312.jpg

Hey,

Game is not dead, the game is only pixels, what gives life or death to a game are the players.

RvR is the heart of War server, when large clans will decide to SPREAD and settle in different factions then we may see a lively RvR. 

When clans leaders will be agreeing with other faction main clans to cooperate, it might change balances.

What RvR is missing so far is a number of inspired clan leaders who got the mean to impact the war server balance.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Lol even the chinese clan play for russia lol, the game is so dead ^^

Celtiberofrog sorry but your post looks like:

312.jpg

i Know right look at the size of that Chinese clan lol and joins russia.

I can see reverse's first meeting with the clan leader.

• Like 2

Battle:  Cayman Brac
Attackers: Russia
Defenders: Great Britain
Outcome: Russia successfully captured the port

F7CA643A23C9CF161FBB8D8E4E36211980400277

The British fleet appears to have been composed of mostly AI-captured ships.  I'm all for making first rates available to the masses, but I'm not sure this is the intended result.  But this was definitely more enjoyable than a no-show like many of the smaller PBs are. So props to the British fleet for creating some content with us.

And thanks to everyone in the Russian nation who helped out before and after the battle. 

1 hour ago, Staunberg said:

Pretty sure it was the intended goal with Ai’s to capture. As you said better than empty pb’s.

More fun, think that is an individual tast. 

Oh yes, because weak crew space capped ships will always work against full port bonus ships right? Allowing people to cap lineships is only going to make things worse

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

Oh yes, because weak crew space capped ships will always work against full port bonus ships right? Allowing people to cap lineships is only going to make things worse

Yeah now we will have gank squad with 1th rates outside kpr, as is already being proven..1th rate has been around kpr for days ganking newbs now.

Also well have people scared of losing stuff entering pb with crap ships faking and saying " no its my fully upgraded pb wo/wo one" whilst being in an oak/fir grey one

3 hours ago, William Death said:

Battle:  Cayman Brac
Attackers: Russia
Defenders: Great Britain
Outcome: Russia successfully captured the port

I'm all for making first rates available to the masses, but I'm not sure this is the intended result.  But this was definitely more enjoyable than a no-show like many of the smaller PBs are. So props to the British fleet for creating some content with us.

This is just another of those permanent "quick" fixes being applied to the game  to raise statistics of numbers of port battles, pvp battles etc. I think they fail to identify and target the real issues.

Issue: Low rvr activity

Devs solution: Give them free shitty ships

Result: Increased rvr activity (i.e one side getting slaughtered by the other)

Some things that are broken can be fixed with duck-tape, but sometimes better to remove and replace broken part.

• Like 4

Grab ship. Sail out. Do damage to enemies. Maybe sink them.

If get sunk.

Grab new ship, capture npc, buy from store whatever.... Sail out again. Fight more.

Practice and become better.

War server in a nutshell.... or as it should be.

---

The last time before we could capture all ships we didn't have >>> teleports ( only 1 every 4 hours to capital), outposts, production buildings. All was done by contracts and sailing. There were dedicated crafters and blueprints of ships would drop by crafting ships.

NOW We have everything o make it easy to go out and PvP, make damage to fulfill PvP Hunts and gain Admiralty currency that buys very good modules to equip your "babies".

We have access to everything necessary, including teleports everywhere at any time, to practice combat against other players, and become more efficient with this or that ships. Groups of players can practice fleet command and control by usage of captured ships of the line.

Everyone gains XP (  more than mindless killing AI ) and opens knowledge slots.

Even on a solid loss, damage done will yield a lot of XP. A hard fought lost battle can yield 1,600 XP easy, example of 1v2, Cherubim versus Trinc and Wasa.

Seriously, what is missing so that players do not fear sailing out and FIGHT! and practice to become better individually and as a ship in the line / squadron ???

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, henry.fouchet I said:

You know what is missing...3 years we say it..now…. it s your problem..GOD.... not us...you judge like a god...play like a god now hetwill…. GL HF

I was being honest. You aren't. Seriously, what is missing ? Insta arena mode ? That's not NA, that's some other game. I'm talking NA.

2 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

Why should the reason be fear, that ppl dont sail out?

I only sail up to 5 rate because it is the only ship I can afford to craft. Cant afford to put upgrades on my ships. I still Daily go alone to the Swedish Capitol. Fear of losing a ship, nope.

So why dont I do RvR. I simply can’t grind enough to replace a lost 1 rate. It would take me around 3 weeks. So why dont go in a capped 1 rate. I could also go to a Pb without repairs ore cannons. It is a question of balance and to me fun battles. To me there is no fun in just to show up and get slaughtered, as it neither is fun just to role over an enemy. To me fun is close and hard fought battles. This solution is not that.

True. Better deny the enemy a kill that attempt a kill ourselves. Gotcha.

In your mind you lost even before the battle takes place :) 

C'mon people, get out and fight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

Nothing to do with deny. Did you read what I wrote. I spend my time on the fights that bring me fun. Unballanced just don’t.

oh, I fought lots of fight, where I thought it was lost. Alone ore along with the few ppl I play with. Everytime we just say to each other, lets atleast get one kill. Often we actually end up getting out on top.

I don’t do RvR, because it just isent made right.

Go out and fight. I do nothing less, once a week, 2 hours trading, and move crafting ressources. Rest is spend on PvP. Just not RvR, because it is imo just not worth the time.

Make RvR right again and I will spend time on it, until then I spend my time where it is fun, and it is not RvR.

That's what the average player does. A couple hours day in day out, some day PvP, some day eco/craft.

Honestly doesn't sound that bad, being a newcomer and reading how you do it.

Plain, simple and without fishbones.

6 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

It is simple. Just dosent cut it in RvR, unless all you want of RvR, is what the Britts got today. If all RvR is, is that, Well then we will lots of great pb’s in the near future.

Sadly yes. All Risk games end up with 2 players fighting each other.

The way I see it, and if it would be "total elimination" gamemode, we would end with only 2 teams after a while.

The gap between what is possible to do in OW, as a small nation, to counter a bigger enemy that relies on PBs was lost long ago. There's no more denying the enemy their ship building parts because you go out and sink their transports ( thus making them lose valuable time and resources ).

So now the strong become stronger, even with the "all ships capturable". True that.

In a ideal scenario...Remove all mmo gear and suddenly even NPC captured grey ships might become useful. But alas... hard to let go of the gear.

hethwill this SoL thing is simply bullshit!  By now we have left the EA, NA has been released and (should be) a finished game!  instead we continue to turn around!  The devs don't have a plan, they just make us believe that they want to improve the game, instead their only purpose is to make money by telling us stories!  There are so many things that the players asked, but no they do things that nobody asked for!  Result we had a wipe and after two months the economy, crafting and RvR are of no use, there is still a bit of OW pvp fum for me, that s all!  Too bad this game could be a masterpiece and instead it is an incomplete work by an artist without a precise idea (perhaps the idea is only to make money without investing time and resources).  You've been in my clan and I liked playing in your company, but frankly your attitude on the forum I can't understand!  too often you look like the champion of the devs even when it would seem impossible!  Forgive my bluntness, but you know I am like that.

Fair wind

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

hethwill this SoL thing is simply bullshit!  By now we have left the EA, NA has been released and (should be) a finished game!  instead we continue to turn around!  The devs don't have a plan, they just make us believe that they want to improve the game, instead their only purpose is to make money by telling us stories!  There are so many things that the players asked, but no they do things that nobody asked for!  Result we had a wipe and after two months the economy, crafting and RvR are of no use, there is still a bit of OW pvp fum for me, that s all!  Too bad this game could be a masterpiece and instead it is an incomplete work by an artist without a precise idea (perhaps the idea is only to make money without investing time and resources).  You've been in my clan and I liked playing in your company, but frankly your attitude on the forum I can't understand!  too often you look like the champion of the devs even when it would seem impossible!  Forgive my bluntness, but you know I am like that.

Fair wind

For sure. I loved the harsh hardcore times, the simulated age of sail was tremendous. Asymmetrical wargame was beautiful. With a reset it would shine. Many did voice against it. Can only respect their views even if i don't agree.

Alas ... here we are again...Respect is all.

Fair winds.