Game-Labs Forum

Enjoying Nassau PZ. we got cut up after this fight - but that's just how the patrol zones work :)

2019_3.17_BORK_vs_Brits.png

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

Battle of Carriacou

Russia vs GB

Not a great battle per se, as the brits wanted to kite the entire time like usual. After the fort had saved them on two (three?) previous attempts, this time we took no chances, and brought 3 mortar brigs.

The battle was close - on time/points - but pretty decisive in terms of the action.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Anolytic said:

brits wanted to kite the entire time like usual

Instead of just playing the boarding mini-game the entire time as usual?

We didn't deserve to win so no complaints. We made some mistakes, the worst being not spending the 5M reals worth of Madagascar Jewels we stole to buy 1777 Muskets! :)

At least the 4th rates had a bit of a fight and fired some cannons on occasion, so I enjoyed it.

gg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hullabaloo said:

Instead of just playing the boarding mini-game the entire time as usual?

We only went for the boarding minigame as a plan-B because your 1st rates split up and after previous experiences trying to pin down the british fleet we came better prepared this time. You can't really blame us for resorting to boarding when your 1st rates refused to fight 2v2 despite being heavier.

• Like 1

Blame muskets and boarding while golden LO/WO with full thickness 1st rates run away entire PB lol, that was really boring to watch the video (with no offence for the Russian side). 

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1

Ignoring the Troll

@Anolytic Yes, a legitimate tactic. Boarding mods exist so why not use them? PB mechanics are as they are so why not kite? Neither are much fun though that's the only point I was trying to make. Upgrade decided PB and to cap L'Ocean in 2 rounds seems a bit extreme but that's a discussion for elsewhere and neither are a criticism of you guys. You deserved to win.

You had a better fleet comp too I think. I had little choice but to kite cos I was 1 v 2 against the aggas most of the time. Like I said, I still enjoyed it though and I learned a bit from it.

• Like 1

@Anolytic It was a good fight, and you won with 3 min to go! Anyway we defend for the 7th time, with no screeners as usual, joining in port! 

You had the wind from the beginning, and its a big advantage (good for you you joined the better way possible)!

I don't understand what you have to complain about, you won and this is a fact!

You can't complain with us if the game mechanics provide the possibility of kiting, as I don't complain about OP muskets with which your first rates were fitted!

For the child who loves to cry: now the only thing you do is comment and complain on what others are doing ... and you do it as usual without any common sense.

Keep crying my dear "cry baby" srupl!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Blame muskets and boarding while golden LO/WO with full thickness 1st rates run away entire PB lol, that was really boring to watch the video (with no offence for the Russian side). 

when mechanics are what they are, i think it's difficult to expect an amazing port battle when there are only 14 ships (5 mortars...) in the pb...but i can be wrong...

defenders "jouent la montre" and it's understanble.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Maculosa said:

when mechanics are what they are, i think it's difficult to expect an amazing port battle when there are only 14 ships (5 mortars...) in the pb...but i can be wrong...

defenders "jouent la montre" and it's understanble.

Las Tortugas vs SNOW clan was really great PB, low ship count due to 2-3k BR and nice brawl without running. Even better, my Mortar Brig was engaging 2 enemy ships with broadsides :P 

No running, no kitting, no boring stuff that ruins the game with "strategic use of game mechanics". Everyone including MassimoSud, ask yourself a question if you want fun from the game or just be the winner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

you want fun from the game or just be the winner.

Funny you using that phrase, you just described yourself perfectly.

• Like 3

I for once have to find you in an actual battle Cabral other than game chat and forums :)  I'm always happy to 1v1 and you know that. Once you clear your keyboard, feel free to message me so we might have some fun in a duel.

• Like 1

no please no!

If you ever lose you would immediately bring cabral back to the tribunal!
Instead keep crying and commenting meaningless, in this no one would ever dare to challenge you (couse you re the best!)

• Like 1

Just now, MassimoSud said:

no please no!

If you ever lose you would immediately bring cabral back to the tribunal!
Instead keep crying and commenting meaningless, in this no one would ever dare to challenge you (couse you re the best!)

Actually think @Cabral is. When admin linked the K/D in PvP. Think he had one of 47-0. But I could remember wrong.

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I for once have to find you in an actual battle Cabral other than game chat and forums :)  I'm always happy to 1v1 and you know that. Once you clear your keyboard, feel free to message me so we might have some fun in a duel.

If you think a duel in game will change what I and others think about you, you are very mistaken.

I would never waste my time ingame with you. You want to gain some respect? Change your attitude.

Edited by Cabral
  • Like 4

I don't seek respect nor whatever some silly internet gamers think about me, that is worth very little, especially your respect would be worthless to me. What I'm looking for, instead of throwing shit at each other on forums and chats, let's battle this out. Both sides will be able to have some fun and forums will be clear of trash messages, this sounds like a win-win situation to me. Winner gets to enjoy the win, doesn't receive any medals or achievements. But if you prefer dodging battles, I'm fine with that, I've already got used to it a long time by now. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

. Everyone including MassimoSud, ask yourself a question if you want fun from the game or just be the winner.

ok so i take one situation i saw when you twitched. privateer "taged" you, he had an inger, you had an hercules and you didn't want of this fight, not enough fun?

don't do a general case of one battle, each fight is different, it's simple like that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Maculosa said:

ok so i take one situation i saw when you twitched. privateer "taged" you, he had an inger, you had an hercules and you didn't want of this fight, not enough fun?

don't do a general case of one battle, each fight is different, it's simple like that.

Yea, I think Hercules and Inger differ in size and class (1-2 classes difference). In PB I could watch L'Ocean full HP, full sails, full crew sail away from another L'Ocean. But not to be forgotten when Ram Dinark dismantled Massimo, Grundge and one more fella 1v3 and was called Russian hacker :) I guess the Russian hackers beat them again.

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Yea, I think Hercules and Inger differ in size and class (1-2 classes difference). In PB I could watch L'Ocean full HP, full sails, full crew sail away from another L'Ocean. But not to be forgotten when Ram Dinark dismantled Massimo, Grundge and one more fella 1v3 and was called Russian hacker :) I guess the Russian hackers beat them again.

And your trash talking still continues, no wonder people find you as hypocrit.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Xemko said:

@Moscalb please provide feedback.

oh yes, already getting my popcorn 🍿

• Like 1

All I know is if you see ram dinark sailing a Niagara in the PZ, pop smoke and haul ass in the other direction.

Edited by Potemkin

13 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Grundge ran away from anolytic, it's ok. But at this moment if he stayed alive , they won, no gold océan lost, no many ships and repairs to move from this harbour now "enemy", and i think there are many more other fair reasons to act as he did. But well, it's his choice.

When Cabral trolls me on global chan because i ran away with my endy from his herc, don't care because the two rare books i had in my hold were a good reason to act like that. When Fenix ganked me (7 vs 1) in patrol so i decided to run outside circle, got a good reason to do that and if one of them trolled me about that, i was not surprising when i saw him on Twitch doing the same in a similar situation...

And even you, many months ago, always on Twitch, when PvP Mark were the rule, you decided to surrend with your endy against 4 or 5 us players before one of them could fire you to deny them the right to get PvP mark...and i think you had a good reason no? 

So as i said, don't do hard judgment, everyone got certainly good reasons to act as he acts, it's just a question of point of view^^

• Like 2

whow my post on moscalb has been deleted! 

Perhaps I have revealed something that must remain secret? Or is it the usual censorship? Soon, too, will I be banned for the sole reason that certain things must remain secret?

Just asking 🤣

• Like 1