Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Not really. 2 ships can do nothing to 6 1st rates. The main reason we won is because we planned on winning. Your mistake is assuming you are in a massive disadvantage when we have the wind. 2nd mistake is seeing clan tags like HAVOC and EXILE and assuming you will be smashed. 50% of battles is psychological and if you don't intend to win you will loose. Even when we all sink in battle we planned to win from start :) You should have sent every ship in to help felix. He was upwind of the rest of you and was trying to sail to main fleet but main fleet was also sailing away from him and 2nd locean was running from start without ever intending to fight. You can always focus the sail and hull of the closest windward ship and it will have to break away. You wont kill it but its guns are out of the fight. I will not make it personal but hardy in the 2nd ocean was afraid of getting close so he keept on sailing downwind. That is 120 guns, 90cm armour and 14k hp we dont need to deal with. 2nd rates and bellonas do nothing to us and believe it or not, Lucky in the mortar brig probably did the most damage not by HP but by being a pain in the ass. I have no idea why you started to escape but that was a terrible mistake. Sure you would have lost more maybe but if you go into battle with that kind of mindset you will always loose. 

When I was in GB I was willing to help everyone and the captains that wanted to learn are far better sailors now. They all say it to me. Alot of them want me back but I don't have time for RVR and don't have the energy for them anymore. People said I was Toxic commanding but in order to get British fleets to succeed, I needed to because I do not like loosing ships like an idiot. Sure I could have been mister nice guy and sank with the rest of the nation every day but thats not me. Hard truth is that If you were not allowed into port battles it was because you were shite. I know who the good players are in the nation by watching all players very closely in battles and the good players are the ones you find out hunting in open sea. 

If you want the honest truth and hope you will prove me wrong but it is impossible to ever win a decent fight with 80% of the players in that battle because I know them for a while now and know they never learn, never listen and don't care about anything. I fought someone in your clan in a 1v1 a bit back. He is a very high ranking member in RVR and council. He could not even manual sail and didnt know the basics. If you have people like that leading the nation you're doomed. GB is just lucky ports are useless. If it wasn't for that you would not have a single one. If we didn't have to waste time to farm ai we would take all your ports and make them neutral again. A raiding campaign :) 

There is truth in what you say.  I won't say which particular bit but I think you know what I'm referring to.  Let's say a reduction in our firepower.  I'll mention no particular names but you cannot honestly tell me that tacking back for Felix who was gone within minutes would have helped.  Tacking back yes, you had seperated our light ships from the 6 line ships we had in a group.  Realistically the only fighting ships we had were downwind when you tagged and I don't apportion blame too much for the leadership at that point.  We had broken up after the port battle to return to different ports so we were not an effective fighting force.  Not sure who you are referring to in my clan, regarding RVR, Scarborough had sunk one of Exile in the last week and he's a new player.  People have off days I guess.

Never occurred to me we'd do any damage with 2 Bellonas, it was just me and Scar followed.  The point was to ensure no further losses because it was a clusterfuck.  I've sailed with you and most other players in this nation, actually quite enjoyed it because you are a passionate player who can sometimes hand down some good lessons.  But you can also be like a kid who throws his toys out the pram.  Think there is a lot of that in this game.  You just happened to come across players that did the same to you but you couldn't show you've got the mettle to change things.  I still hope that might change - you once told me you'd fight until we had just Jamaica but only one of us is still fighting that cause.

I respect your ability but, heck, to be the better man you go through shit and you carry on regardless.  I'm couldn't give a toss if someone is shouting good advice at me or telling me I still learn.  Guess people couldn't cope with your style but believe me there are plenty who would sail with you again.  We now practice regularly in fleet missions at SALTP and you'd be surprised - we can all manual sail 😉.  We've got you to blame for learning in fleet practice.  Hell we'd be happy to take EXILE on in there. 

I appreciate your feedback, as I said it ties up with what I was feeling at the time although the wind direction definitely played a part in the confused start for us but that was more an in-house thing.  It'd be good to see you back in nation but I'm one of those people who deals with shit and carries on regardless so I will always be GB.  Hope you think about that fleet practice thing, if you don't want to work with players who don't want to learn try some that do 😊.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

GEcxkZ7.jpg

Dont forget that Captain Hardy (GA) was the the one that drove us out of the Brit nation and he was the first to escape this battle after they lost 1 ship. 

@Batman @Gregory Rainsborough When GA is kicked from GB EXILE will come back and be victorious again! 

what a suprising result ..... who could have predicted that people would start escaping to save their own ships ..rather than work as a team ??😀

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Roadkill said:

Scarborough had sunk one of Exile in the last week and he's a new player.

It was me, he was not even going to figth, he was begging for letting him go.

I asked him to have a fight because i have been sailing 3 hours that day without having a single fight. I forced him to fight and we fought.

It was a good fight imo, 1vs1 whe where "new", im a carebear that only do RvR and started doing PvP 2 weeks ago

1 hour ago, ꓷꓤꓯꓵꓨNꓯꓥ said:

It wasn't a great fight tbf.. they were heavily outgunned while everyone on our side of the battle have always worked particularly well together. There where a lot more British 1st rates in the area that had enough time to organise and reinforce.. I passed quite a few 1st rates near Old Providence along with a bunch of Bucs on the way to Sandy Bay approx 10-12 ships, maybe even more.

The lack of faith British clans have in each other right now is disappointing to say the least.

The port battle was uncontested and we had a shitty battle outside big deal.

It's weird to say "The Brits".. it's like I am talking to myself in 3rd person. I miss being Brit😪 but it is what it is.

Finally I want to show respect to Roadkill.. I've sailed with him a few times and we have been in some pretty shitty situations, heavily outnumbered and had our own nation bail out on us but we got through by having faith in each other. Hope the way he plays rubs off on other players he sails with.

Thanks for the kind words, you sum up the bigger picture pretty well.  Truth was our only chance really would have been to stay grouped up and attack you.  Hachi is partially right and there is some truth to a lot of what is being said.  But the fact is that half the players in that list were actually dragged into battle and the Danes/Dutch took the best wind prior to tagging, and the player tagged did not notify any of us he had been tagged so we were scattered.  We then had the others joining away from us as the player leading wanted us to fight but tried grouping up downwind effectively seperating our players.  Therefore it needed everyone to think about where they were - giving headings of 270 is pretty useless if it is taking you away from the enemy.  But some people were doing just that.  There were some brave guys in there who genuinely wanted to fight but don't have leadership skills but plenty of guts.  I was the one after losing three ships heading downwind who offered to turn the enemy fleet to prevent further losses as by that stage we were out of range of our later joining ships and had noticed one or two people who were intent on running ( no names mentioned).  I hate giving cheap PVP marks and that was starting to happen.  A few other guys joined and we fought hard and it's true that had we gone in there looking to fight we could have won.

I respect what you have said and agree.  What I am fed up with is the most experienced players in our nation constantly whining about how useless we are.  There are too many people holding grudges against others and not willing to help because of old scores.  Grow up, I've seen some of you cocking things up.  I play with players in SALTP who stand head and shoulders above you in courage and willingness to cooperate.  There haven't been too many battles over the 4-5 months that I've been a member where they have not been involved in either hostility, fighting or screening and there is never a bad word between any of us.  I bite my tongue if I'm working with others and they do things differently.  Hell, I'm pretty sure everybody has wanted to tell the person barking at them but these are pixels on a screen.  It isn't the guys that sailed yesterday that are making me consider quitting this game today, nor the ones who sank me.  They helped me learn.  It is the guys who should know better who simply say 'bunch of scrubs' or 'noobs' always uncoordinated when they refer to everybody rather than going on their own experience and understanding how a battle goes wrong.  That's why I asked Hachi, I respect his opinion and knew he'd tell me the truth but even he forgets not everybody is playing this game to lose.  Some of us hate losing, I do.  So to everybody who liked or made opinions that we are rubbish at battles, dust off your prejudices, settle old scores and join us in battle to lead.  I know everybody in that battle last night would have been desperate for your leadership and all would have fought.  The only way anyone can learn to lead is seeing someone who is good at it in action.  I am tired of having to learn by losing.

HMS Vanguard you would be welcome into our clan immediately if you ever returned.  We enjoyed sailing with you and I know you feel the same about this game as I do.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trashumi Fujiwara said:

It was me, he was not even going to figth, he was begging for letting him go.

I asked him to have a fight because i have been sailing 3 hours that day without having a single fight. I forced him to fight and we fought.

It was a good fight imo, 1vs1 whe where "new", im a carebear that only do RvR and started doing PvP 2 weeks ago

He spoke highly of you.  To be fair I was trying to make a point about something, not having a go.  He's a good guy, very funny after a few jagermeister ;).  He was genuinely chuffed you remembered him in battle.  He does like his banter but he is also an extremely gutsy player.  He never gives up.  Just wish there were a few more like him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

so your saying we should be doing what  clans castigated  Hachi and others for trying to do .... they didnt want hachis help yet whined and bitched at him .... now they are on receiving end they dont like it

Just think about what you are saying.  Which clans castigated Hachi, all of them?  Or was it a few of them? So you outright refuse to help anybody because you have a grudge against 1 or 2 clans.  I'm confused.   I've got a lot of respect for you as I've sailed with you and I know you can call it in battle under pressure but you can't keep lumping every clan together.  Even then there are often others in those clans that get a bad name when most of them are innocent.  I can't be held responsible for anything my clan members say and likewise they for me. Go and talk to the clans in chat, sail with them a bit outside of battle.  The reason we lose is because we don't know each other unlike our PB fleet prior to the exile where it was the same people over and over.   I play this game competitively but it is a game, however hardcore.  If you want things to improve you've got to start looking at yourself first and what you can do to make it better.

4 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Just think about what you are saying.  Which clans castigated Hachi, all of them?  Or was it a few of them? So you outright refuse to help anybody because you have a grudge against 1 or 2 clans.  I'm confused.   I've got a lot of respect for you as I've sailed with you and I know you can call it in battle under pressure but you can't keep lumping every clan together.  Even then there are often others in those clans that get a bad name when most of them are innocent.  I can't be held responsible for anything my clan members say and likewise they for me. Go and talk to the clans in chat, sail with them a bit outside of battle.  The reason we lose is because we don't know each other unlike our PB fleet prior to the exile where it was the same people over and over.   I play this game competitively but it is a game, however hardcore.  If you want things to improve you've got to start looking at yourself first and what you can do to make it better.

reason we lose is they  make the same mistakes over and over again and dont seem to want to listen ..its not just rvr but pvp too ... there are some good people in every clan but the others  make the same mistakes and dont sem to be capable of either wanting or be able to recognise why they lose

1 they wont get on TS .. even if its just to listen to whats going on ...

2 they are scared of losing ships so stay at extreme range

3 they escape at the first hint of things going badly

4 they bring ships not fit for purpose to port battles

5 they dont follow orders in battle go wandering off for what they think is an easy kill and get isolated

6 if you critise any of the above your just whining

the port battle last  night look at the composition of the fleet ... our port battle fleet was taken apart by 6 first rates ... if there had been 6 first rates in the port battle you have to assume that the same would have happened ..

Im tired of repeatedly saying the same things over and over again ...if you want someone to lead you have to be prepared to follow .. the majority dont want to ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

reason we lose is they  make the same mistakes over and over again and dont seem to want to listen ..its not just rvr but pvp too ... there are some good people in every clan but the others  make the same mistakes and dont sem to be capable of either wanting or be able to recognise why they lose

1 they wont get on TS .. even if its just to listen to whats going on ...

2 they are scared of losing ships so stay at extreme range

3 they escape at the first hint of things going badly

4 they bring ships not fit for purpose to port battles

5 they dont follow orders in battle go wandering off for what they think is an easy kill and get isolated

6 if you critise any of the above your just whining

the port battle last  night look at the composition of the fleet ... our port battle fleet was taken apart by 6 first rates ... if there had been 6 first rates in the port battle you have to assume that the same would have happened ..

Im tired of repeatedly saying the same things over and over again ...if you want someone to lead you have to be prepared to follow .. the majority dont want to ...

This sounds like a formula for battles around KPR.  You need to get out more 😊. Everybody last night was on TS, everybody.  The overall command at the start of the battle was to fight and that's exactly what most did.  Just badly led.  That is not an attack on the leader because he took charge when nobody else did.  The PB leader didn't make the battle.  He was put on the spot and made the wrong decision initially but with the best intentions.  This was not a run from the start.  I initiated the escape when we'd lost 2 line ships quickly because effectively we weren't all fighting so I tried to buy time for others to get out, so blame me.  You know better than anyone that there is a tipping point in a battle.  My original suggestion at that point was to tack back against the enemy and leave them stuck in the wind, but it was clear that coordination was difficult.  Screenshots don't show any of this though as you know well.  I can't be sure about the build of others ships but mine was Cart caulk l/o w/o - I go in with my best ship not a throwaway ship.

if I criticise I'm whining? I'll let others judge what I say - I don't think I've complained once, except against the whining.  I have tried to learn what could have been done better by asking the guys we fought and I have given a true account of what happened.  

8 hours ago, Christendom said:

Gotta give the shallows some love on here 

Anti Hostility @ Harbor Island - GF Brits.  We left one alive to tell the tale.

14505df8acef930207e77176c6b326d6.jpg

I noticed they came back to finish it off late late, guess they didn't want to do a rematch right after that fight?  It was a good one and I'll be on for the PB.  Might have to adjust the Prince a bit to actually be board fit since I wasn't in this fight.

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

image.thumb.png.f568bb0882f30028bd887f9960e18db3.png

I can see a constant improvement on US side. If you keep fighting like this, you will get a good battle fleet. At the start of the battle you got us disorganised. Part of our fleet even thought of retreating. 

At some point soon you should invest more and fight in 1st rates, it will give you better results. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tac said:

Massive PvP from the Swedes v French Mixed EU and night crew

GG all 5-6 hours of fun

It was much fun and content for the whole evening. Great thanks and salute to the french. Next time we will bring 400 hull reps for those fights to prolong the battles. o/

37 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

It was much fun and content for the whole evening. Great thanks and salute to the french. Next time we will bring 400 hull reps for those fights to prolong the battles. o/

Ive worked a few numbers out so from the PB and the 3 screening fights the swedes burned around 6250 hull repairs :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Christendom said:

Gotta give the shallows some love on here 

Anti Hostility @ Harbor Island - GF Brits.  We left one alive to tell the tale.

14505df8acef930207e77176c6b326d6.jpg

No idea who half of those players are but that hurts to see tbh, looks like armed need to get out more and get into some fights @Atreides who’s leading wacko? You guys should come after us lot and get some xp

Edited by Rebrall

21 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Did the French actually bother trying to defend yesterday out of interest?

Contoy was undefended france had 3 other pbs 2 of which were about ports of much importance. Puerto de espana for example.  I hope Russia does take the rest of the Yucatan ports. it will give them something to do. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Pick on a guy who could be your grandpa, and who's just returning to the game after a year-long break I might add? You're a stand-up guy Kingy, especially from someone who will only engage in the shallows when you bring broken, OP ships. 👍

Do you know him in any other way?

• Like 1