Game-Labs Forum

16 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

All the chinese are playing ATLAS. And looking at the high online numbers of its servers, it doesnt look they will come to play NA instead.

they dont know about NA)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

All the chinese are playing ATLAS. And looking at the high online numbers of its servers, it doesnt look they will come to play NA instead.

Chinese numbers are unlimited.

260px-World_population_percentage.png

26 minutes ago, rediii said:

Chinese numbers are unlimited.

260px-World_population_percentage.png

Chinese have ~800mil internet users, similar to Europe (~700 mil). NA still has India to tackle. Even if most of their users don't have conditions to play NA, it's a large market.

If GL prepare their marketing well, we will have "chinese scourge" in NA, similar to ATLAS. Good :)

[EDIT] One of data sources:
https://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

Edited by vazco
Link to data
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

they dont know about NA)

yes, and if they knew ......they would wonder where the ships are...

the only ships they knew of where.....Portuguese and  Dutch ships.

and NAVAL Action does not have Dutch ships .....do they!

the Chinese,...they call NA science fiction atm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macau

Hongs_at_Canton.jpg

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Last night Anolytic and 2 of his mates caught me trying to enter Cajoro with my L'Ocean. After a few failed broadsides on my part and realizing their Vic, Buc, and Pavel were just going to make things too difficult to come out victorious, I turned hard into the wind and decided to save my men and dignity by surrendering right as Anolytic's Vic came in for a board.

Tonight sailing outside Mitara Bay, none other than Anolytic caught me again....but this time he was alone in his Herculese and I in my Trincomalee with a Cerberus in fleet. We attacked his sails with chain. After a bit of sail damage on all three of us, I switched to ball and finally made a beautiful dismasting of his missen mast. Soon after, he close hauled and took off. Sadly, I could not continue the pursuit. A most enjoyable battle, @Anolytic, I know you were just toying with me. :)

I was quite surprised to see a 2 masted Herc have more speed than a damaged 3 masted Trinc: his sails at 32%, mine at 53%. Seems something is wrong here with a DLC sailing profile. (Image is just before his escape.)
7u2GtMs.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I was quite surprised to see a 2 masted Herc have more speed than a damaged 3 masted Trinc: his sails at 32%, mine at 53%. Seems something is wrong here with a DLC sailing profile. (Image is just before his escape.)

AFAIK Anolytic is best at escaping in NA. His K/D ratio is 89. If you manage to score a kill on him, you can be proud.

• Like 1

Little River Part Deux - 

unknown.png

Our 1 loss was due to the fireship explosion below.  Poor iceberg then tried to board my 115 crew third rate and failed.  

Lionshaft then bailed on the fight and we chased him for a bit.  zzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vazco said:

AFAIK Anolytic is best at escaping in NA. His K/D ratio is 89. If you manage to score a kill on him, you can be proud.

I've always admired Anolytic's abilities in NA. Hell, I was proud to surrender my L'Ocean to him. :D

22 hours ago, van der Decken said:

A most enjoyable battle, @Anolytic, I know you were just toying with me. :)

It was fun indeed. I would have stayed longer, but I had forgot to refill my sail repairs, so I completely ran out. Wasn't too keen to fight on with that AI catching up. I made some mistakes early on in the battle.

6 hours ago, vazco said:

How do you know my K/D ratio? I didn't see my name on any of the spreadsheets admin screenshotted?

And are you sure you didn't misplace a comma?

I hate escaping. I hate sailing back to port after battle. Much more convenient to teleport. 

At least my ratio is now way down. I lost 2 Victories and an Agamemnon over the course of just this Sunday. 

24 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I am pretty sure that it went down from 89 :) 

image.thumb.png.f6e14f9f1a94091fb6d575bf26b7363a.png

Every time I try to grind the Diana, it sinks within the first 10 minutes of the battle...

I still have 0 slots.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anolytic said:

How do you know my K/D ratio? I didn't see my name on any of the spreadsheets admin screenshotted?

And are you sure you didn't misplace a comma?

Maybe I did. In this case sorry. It was a complement btw :)

On 1/6/2019 at 10:40 PM, Banished Privateer said:

GG WP FENIX, this is how fair BR battle looks like (not gank)

La Isabela PB:

image.thumb.png.0e773b81248eb3372504bf168685cd75.png

5v3 losses. Yes it was fair, especially granted inferior set up.

On 1/7/2019 at 4:42 AM, Banished Privateer said:

Another good battle with FENIX:

(Yordi on purple Ocean, captured from @Reverse)))

unknown.png

It was a nice countergank.

Gear wise it was a no way combat. As I said Yordi. I simply suicided keeping busy for a while 2 Inger and partially the Christian.

The difference: we dont whine 😎 after similar situation.

17 hours ago, Christendom said:

Little River Part Deux

Any suggestions for a Part Tres?  US wants to send less experienced players to try PB...our few old vets likely would not win anyhow.  We tried to come up with a new ship lineup (2 Santis)...so hard to find US players with 5 slot santi, 3rd Rate, Pavel, Essex.  So in the interest of keeping us interested in trying this again, and maybe helping develop the RVR game, do you have any suggestions?

23 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Where can I learn these stats?

They were quoted by admin at some point, as a screenshot from spredsheet. I don';t remember where though, maybe someone will find a link.

3 hours ago, SS Minnow said:

Any suggestions for a Part Tres? 

Don't use first rates for these small ports. Two Bucentaures have the same BR as one L'Ocean, but get you a higher broadside weight. You are also faster, more maneuverable, thus more flexible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Batman said:

Don't use first rates for these small ports. Two Bucentaures have the same BR as one L'Ocean, but get you a higher broadside weight. You are also faster, more maneuverable, thus more flexible.

It's been a long time since I played my last PB, but when I played PBs with the bucentaure they where pretty fun/effective

3 hours ago, SS Minnow said:

Any suggestions for a Part Tres?  US wants to send less experienced players to try PB...our few old vets likely would not win anyhow.  We tried to come up with a new ship lineup (2 Santis)...so hard to find US players with 5 slot santi, 3rd Rate, Pavel, Essex.  So in the interest of keeping us interested in trying this again, and maybe helping develop the RVR game, do you have any suggestions?

Pavel sucks. 

Santi can only be given to those players with enough skill.

You need bucs.

4 hours ago, SS Minnow said:

I have suggested a number of times that we both agree to make LR 4th rates and under.  More people can get in and get experienced.  I think the US would benefit from this.  To put it simply, you won't beat us in bigger ships.  We don't care about LR, we just want the content and we're willing to let you guys get more of an even fight.  4th rates are more cost effective and in the case of lionshaft, he won't feel the need to bail on the battle after 2 broadsides to save his santi.

As for what you did wrong in Part Deux: 

Essexes were used poorly.  1 should of been attached to the mortar brigs for security.  Instead you pulled off a pavel and left 2 santi's to our entire fleet.  1 of our niagras was able to thwart both mortar brigs and neutralize them.  

Bring more bucs

Use french rig

Don't put lionshaft in your battles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

It was a nice countergank.

Gear wise it was a no way combat. As I said Yordi. I simply suicided keeping busy for a while 2 Inger and partially the Christian.

The difference: we dont whine 😎 after similar situation.

Dinark was fighting like 1v6 more or less? The battle is simple, Connie and Wapen got hello kittyed up by 2 Ingers really fast. Basically, 2 4th rates lost to other 2 4th rates. Even without help from Christian, you would sink. On the other hand we had 2 1st rate, Christian vs 2 1st rates and Mortar Brig. The battle was very dependent on Mortar Brig which missed almost every shot. He couldn't even hit 1st rates sailing 3-4 knots. Couple of hits and battle could be lost. We all have seen good Mortar Brig players killing 4-5 SOLs in a single battle.