Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

Good little scrap up at Little River tonight.  

Lionshaft commanding for the US fleet and myself for the Pirates.  We had a little mishap with a dude getting tagged in his third rate and then had to scramble a replacement a couple mins in.  Good MB duel there at the fort.  Unfortunately they let us have the wind the entire time and we just herded them in and sunk one by one.  Not really sure what their plan was, seems like they didn't have one.

b06ac4b3044f3959be7b7ea968f65602.jpg

 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

Russian empire can unite people

 Banished is united with you for some time now, his lips on your behind. I wish I had fans like you have.  Congrats for the port battle   😄

Edited by Cabral
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Christendom said:

Good little scrap up at Little River tonight.  

  Not really sure what their plan was, seems like they didn't have one.    

How was this a good little scrap? Just curious, cuz to me it looks like those unbalanced lopsided wins in WoT that are no fun at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, van der Decken said:

How was this a good little scrap? Just curious, cuz to me it looks like those unbalanced lopsided wins in WoT that are no fun at all.

Even BR in a straight brawl, circles and points irrelevant. All brawling ships, nobody was fir/fir (at least hopefully not...); 24 hours to assemble a fleet for us, more for them because they were the attackers and had all the time they wanted to plan what and who to bring.

The only reason you can call it 'lopsided' is because we played smarter and our guys who got beat up could fall back; we denied them that ability, keeping constant pressure on them till they sunk or got boarded (boarding Pavel FTW).

US has been asking for an even battle with the Pirates for a while now (they usually insinuate that we have low skill and can't win without some sort of advantage...despite many examples to the opposite).....they got one and this is the result. 

Was fun, enjoyed it, hopefully they'll consider our offer to do more arranged fights in agreed-upon ship classes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, van der Decken said:

How was this a good little scrap? Just curious, cuz to me it looks like those unbalanced lopsided wins in WoT that are no fun at all.

Good for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, William Death said:

US has been asking for an even battle with the Pirates for a while now (they usually insinuate that we have low skill and can't win without some sort of advantage...despite many examples to the opposite).....they got one and this is the result. 

US players all the time claim that what PvP'rs do (not just pirates) is gank 1-day newbies (Rear Admirals) at Charleston and "run away like cowards" from revenge fleets. Later they tell you to man up and go gank some noobs at Gustavia 🤣

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They showed up in force - had a BUNCH of screeners out there and forced us to join closer to the docks than we would of liked.  They could of used this to their advantage, but did not.  They waited while our MB killed their MB and then decided to engage us, but they did at least try for the brawl so I give them credit.  They need to do more of these types of fights if they want to get better.  Their usual 17 on 3 coast guard battles do not do them any favors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I would be very aggressive and drive in hard for the kill if I knew he couldn't just magically repair the damage I inflict.  I guess I do that anyway, but it enrages me that he can kite/escape or delay me till he feels he can come back.  I suppose my style is a disadvantage here

Reading historical reports from many naval battles of this era, you will find it often that damaged ships in massive battles would disengage for repairs. Certainly, not to the extent this game offers, but I consider it more fun to survive a little longer to have more fun game time. 

On 1/1/2019 at 10:31 PM, Banished Privateer said:

image.thumb.png.cb7fec49e79d80e33c2142e17b7805ef.png

This battle started as 6v1, Brits were ganking Dinark, look at his 4 kills and assists, we joined very late:

image.thumb.png.f939d1dd61ad88af07e8550e8bff30ad.png

Looks like having more DLC ships equals more wins....and that the Surprise is nowhere near a "Herc Equalizer" as many people tried to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Reading historical reports from many naval battles of this era, you will find it often that damaged ships in massive battles would disengage for repairs. Certainly, not to the extent this game offers, but I consider it more fun to survive a little longer to have more fun game time. 

Looks like having more DLC ships equals more wins....and that the Surprise is nowhere near a "Herc Equalizer" as many people tried to say.

I used Surprises a lot in Patrol alongside Ram Dinark, feels good enough to sink Hercs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I used Surprises a lot in Patrol alongside Ram Dinark, feels good enough to sink Hercs.

Yet, the images show you in a Herc on the winning side twice with all Surprises sunk on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I used Surprises a lot in Patrol alongside Ram Dinark, feels good enough to sink Hercs.

Its not a fair comparison talking about you and Ram or some of the other Alohas.  You guys are very experienced and proficient.  An average player of my skill in a Herc can beat the same level of player in a Surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Yet, the images show you in a Herc on the winning side twice with all Surprises sunk on both sides.

Let me put that in other words, Ram Dinark was fighting 1v6 against all these Brits using Surprise. Even if he sank (we joined when he was down to 30% structure), he still got all 4 kills + assist. I don't use Surprises atm as I need to craft them and I'm lazy. I just redeem Herc and go PvP, easy and makes me happy. If I had Surprise DLC, I would use it in patrol as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Let me put that in other words, Ram Dinark was fighting 1v6 against all these Brits using Surprise. Even if he sank (we joined when he was down to 30% structure), he still got all 4 kills + assist. I don't use Surprises atm as I need to craft them and I'm lazy. I just redeem Herc and go PvP, easy and makes me happy. If I had Surprise DLC, I would use it in patrol as well.

It's easy to get credit for multiple kills just by being the first to knock more dmg on each ship than anyone else. But, I'm certain you have crafter friends who would offer you Surprises for free on a daily basis. It would be interesting to YT watch skilled captains do a Herc vs Surp battle and then switch ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Its not a fair comparison talking about you and Ram or some of the other Alohas.  You guys are very experienced and proficient.  An average player of my skill in a Herc can beat the same level of player in a Surprise.

I agree Herc needs a nerf, but statements that Surprises are bad or not making shallow PvP better etc are wrong. Better to fight Hercs on Surprises than Mercuries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

I agree Herc needs a nerf, but statements that Surprises are bad or not making shallow PvP better etc are wrong. Better to fight Hercs on Surprises than Mercuries.

For sure, but I didnt say Herc should be nerfed!!! It should be better than Surprise simply because it's more agile.  Much like Snow against Hvy rattle.  A well handled Snow can dismantle any other 6th rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

For sure, but I didnt say Herc should be nerfed!!! It should be better than Surprise simply because it's more agile.  Much like Snow against Hvy rattle.  A well handled Snow can dismantle any other 6th rate.

It's not the turn rate but how much mast HP/thickness has Herc, speed and hull HP compared to its dimensions. Huge density of HP compared to other same size or bigger ships. Numbers do not add up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, van der Decken said:

It's easy to get credit for multiple kills just by being the first to knock more dmg on each ship than anyone else. But, I'm certain you have crafter friends who would offer you Surprises for free on a daily basis. It would be interesting to YT watch skilled captains do a Herc vs Surp battle and then switch ships.

I streamed on Surprises, Rattlesnakes (normal) and Snows killing Hercs, Requins and other stuff in the shallows. Noobs and good players too.

btw, I don't think anyone wants to put effort to craft me free ships and tow them, really.

Edited by Banished Privateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I used Surprises a lot in Patrol alongside Ram Dinark, feels good enough to sink Hercs.

 Feels? Is that surprise with kirimati masts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:40 PM, Captain Reverse said:

 

Good training before the influx of Chinese players :D

when and why do you expect this influx? what did I miss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King of Crowns said:

when and why do you expect this influx? what did I miss?

Localization (translation) will start next week. Once it finishes it will feature the following languages

  • German
  • Chinese
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Russian
  • Korean
  • Japanese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

Localization (translation) will start next week. Once it finishes it will feature the following languages

  • German
  • Chinese
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Russian
  • Korean
  • Japanese

All the chinese are playing ATLAS. And looking at the high online numbers of its servers, it doesnt look they will come to play NA instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×