Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Thanks to the Spanish who still have a will to fight (unlike the U.S., it must be said). We had a nice fight, testing out some different builds and some tactical arrangements at Cayo Bisc today. We had to sacrifice a couple Requins who were doing their best to hold and slow point accrual at B, but we got squeezed beetween the fort, which we basically committed to not taking down (we didn't bring mortar brigs) because it's just too slow to be practical (we need to nerf forts or at least allow bombardment to knock out their cannons as their health goes down)

But we had a couple nice individual, smaller engagements going on around individual circles and a main brawl that was definitely favoring the Pirates due to our BR advantage.  But it was a nice fight and we appreciated the effort on both sides:

16F596406722913F958C235C3ABBA85D08A2C80C (1858Ã1057)

any video ?

10 hours ago, Kjartan said:

Screened for West End in a 4th rate and nearly tagged ur entire fleet

haha, really... you were in a deep water ship and we just stayed in the shallows. If you call that screening well ok, i call it what a waste of time and a sail for you. So instead of turning up to your PB you and another player didnt turn up to a PB you were short of number for.

So again when was the last PB you turned up to??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom Farseer said:

BR 9400 vs BR 4600... truly a herculean feat... all fear the mighty spanish...

br is meaningless. this is actually balanced fight damage output wise and hp wise.

12 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

BR 9400 vs BR 4600... truly a herculean feat... all fear the mighty spanish...

Lol, you are really smart... Every time you sink a ship BR down.... But you only can do some maths and what ships brits had. 

11 hours ago, Mascarino said:

The battle happened in spanish waters (british fleet was invanding our space) and we were taunted by the brits to start battle with them. What happened next was some humility teaching.

Battle was in front of Mantua, with British fort very close.... 

28 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Lol, you are really smart... Every time you sink a ship BR down.... But you only can do some maths and what ships brits had. 

I stand corrected then. 9400 vs 8800 is actually fairly close BR wise

11 hours ago, RKY said:

br is meaningless. this is actually balanced fight damage output wise and hp wise.

Br is indeed meaningless. just not in the way you mean here.
Fleets are somewhat even BR wise. But the fleet with lower numbers (GB) also has only 6 first rates compared to 9 on the spanish side. I'd hardly count that as balanced in dps and HP^^

To be fair, I never even talked about how the battle came to be. Who taunted whom and who attacked is irrelevant. Calling it a *great* battle is in my opinion not really that justified. Getting the above result on even BR, even DPS and even HP count. That would be a great battle. This one? Decent win with no losses, but you had a lot factors on your side...

Good morning to everybody.
First, with the current system, it is very difficult to evaluate a battle with the data on the screen, especially without having been. At this time and in the last month, the number of ships is not as important, but the number of ships with port bonds is. In this case and if nobody corrects me, only one of our first class had a port bonus, the rest were old ships. But it does not matter, it was the last battle before the wipe and we had a good time all, I think, it does not matter who sinks and who does not.

.59b7ad78ad57d_images(15).jpg.08026f14bf07828812de35f14efd3b02.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

I stand corrected then. 9400 vs 8800 is actually fairly close BR wise

Br is indeed meaningless. just not in the way you mean here.
Fleets are somewhat even BR wise. But the fleet with lower numbers (GB) also has only 6 first rates compared to 9 on the spanish side. I'd hardly count that as balanced in dps and HP^^

To be fair, I never even talked about how the battle came to be. Who taunted whom and who attacked is irrelevant. Calling it a *great* battle is in my opinion not really that justified. Getting the above result on even BR, even DPS and even HP count. That would be a great battle. This one? Decent win with no losses, but you had a lot factors on your side...

article-2190677-149D1A17000005DC-202_306x461.jpg.57cdc13aa3e77e769f072788150ded95.jpg

11 hours ago, Mascarino said:

The battle happened in spanish waters (british fleet was invanding our space) and we were taunted by the brits to start battle with them. What happened next was some humility teaching.

I didn't participate to this training course. But as humility is what I need to improve, could we get some remedial class after release? 

"Each of us fights for what he lacks most" (Robert Surcouf)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ketunpoika said:

article-2190677-149D1A17000005DC-202_306x461.jpg.57cdc13aa3e77e769f072788150ded95.jpg

you do realise I am no longer a GB player?

If both parties had fun in battle, good! That's what ultimately matters most. I just think this one hardly gives you guys bragging rights 😋

52 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

¿Te das cuenta de que ya no soy un jugador de GB?

Si ambas partes se divirtieron en la batalla, ¡bien! Eso es lo que en última instancia importa más. Solo creo que este difícilmente les da derechos de jactarse 😋

Why do you say it?

No one of us who participated in that battle boasts of the result, that you only think about it. But it is valid to put it here for several reasons; It is a battle involving large ships in a sufficient number to be considered as a good battle for the weight of cannons, it was the last, surely, because of the late hour in which it developed and was sufficiently entertaining for all. The rest are nonsense.

59d20d0d350c9_tiolavara.jpg.a9f87cc99af070bfee602e37bfd6d980.jpg

• Like 1