Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

3 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

tell me that your posts are worthy of their actions and what that medal represents.

Well said sir.

Would be less conflicting if the aforementioned "chronicler" would have used appropriate age of sail honours to bestow sir Gregory.

I am sure they would be much more interesting and provide a tip for further research how real "pvp marks" could be.

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Well said sir.

Would be less conflicting if the aforementioned "chronicler" would have used appropriate age of sail honours to bestow sir Gregory.

I am sure they would be much more interesting and provide a tip for further research how real "pvp marks" could be.

Thank you. If memory serves there were very few medals awarded anywhere in this time period, the VC was invested as a direct result of courage displayed by  the Light Brigade at Balaklava around 1854/5, within a decade the Congressional Medal of Honour had been invested and was certainly awarded during the American Civil War, Thomas W. Custer achieved distinction by earning two, yet achieved less fame than his brother George Armstrong Custer.  

Some Captains were already Lords and Barons in their own right, some were Knights inherited from family ties. Some, like, Nelson were elevated to the peerage for services rendered to the nation, by Trafalgar he had been a Lord and Baron Bronte for many years.

Admirals were often created Lords upon receiving their Broad Pennant as Commodore's, battle honours were typically Earldoms, Baronetcies or the Knights Commander of the order of Bath (KCB) for middle ranking officers and Captains of ships even as junior as Lt. Many European nations had similar ranking systems in place, particularly Monarchies, France I think ceased the practice post revolution and the United States never took it up.

22 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Dont forget Rorke´s Drift  heroes, the great John Frost in Arnhem, L battery  in Nery Battle and many more.   

Indeed, Rourkes Drift (including Private Hook who had a reputation for malingering, Lt. Chard, Lt. Bromhead and Cpl Schiess a Swiss National)  secured one of  the highest number of  VC's awarded for a single action (11 in all), the list is long and distinguished.

16 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Old news.

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The russian empire launched a daring attack on the danish port of Coquibacoa. The Danish fleet sent to protect the habour managed through a valiant and sturdy defence to keep the port and the surrounding areas. The battles raged around the port for hours into the night as several squadrons of danish-norwegian and swedish ships clashed with russian and dutch fleets. The russian losses of their deployed naval forces were severe and it is believed that the dutch received a battering from the danish-norwegian navy. The port itself was never in real danger of falling to presumably drunken russian captains though one dutch captain refused - politely - to taste the brownie fleet admiral Lars Kjaer offered in a skirmish outside of the portbattle. 

Again the Danish-Norwegian captain DarkJoker went on an outright killing spree the like of which has seldom been seen in the carribean.

This painting was made to commemorate the event by an unknown artist:

https://imgur.com/a/FqZDC

Edit: Just realised it was in the wrong chat or wtf this thing is called.

well the dutch nation used one (1) l ocean

what would have happened if all used a l ocean (120 cm thickness - what we don't have...  mmm..)

i call it just a devs battle...and epic ,  nothing more

at least we sunk one...

we had fun i hope you did to.

Brownies .....Pff...                                   (cheese men!  darkjoker dont sink this ship)

Edited by Thonys

12 minutes ago, Thonys said:

well the dutch nation used one (1) l ocean

what would have happened if all used a l ocean (120 cm thickness - what we don't have...  mmm..)

i call it just a devs battle...  nothing more

at least we sunk one...

we had fun i hope you did to.

Brownies .....Pff...                                   (cheese men)

The L’Ocean was the one you captured from us, we just took it back. 

Yeah wasent a fair fight, but guess we all had some fun. But nice to se so many dutch players.

sorry for brownies. In the heat of the battle it was the best oure commander could think of.

Haven’t the number of pvp we got, But for sure enough to replace the VM needed to build a new 1 rate,

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

BATTLE PORT OF MIMBRES (SVERIGE vs SPAIN) [HRE vs VLTRA]:

Spanish fleet commanded by VLTRA smashed the best of Sverige's nation in an epic port battle at Mimbres. Jorge lead spanish vessels, managing the long cannons ships majority and the 3 carronades ships in 3 coordinate different groups, surprising the maneuver to the sweden elite. They were carronades to the maximum but we knew to play from far avoiding the melee and the boarding, focusing the sails... Redii and company's line was supposed to split the spanish army but it was perfectly calculated and we regroup helping/covering teammates... Broken the formations, battle was tie while the Area points were seriously disputed by the flying ships (Princess of Disney). One hour later, after several towers down and the worst wind we had this week I guess, the Sverige was defeated fighting until escape was enabled. But there were no scapism possible, the users who runned away were then picked and sunked due to the blocking fleet commanded by Cetme. It was an honor to fight against you again Sverige. See you again tomorrow maybe? ;)

• Like 10

23 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

that was some good sailing there brits. good job. I love that babay taunted you and then was sunk in the next 10 mins. lol. 

Was incredible how they left him alone to be smashed by the british fleet. "Run Babay, run"  :lol:

• Like 1

1zyjw29.jpg

Después de una sospechosa desconexión la cual será reportada, con una gran ventaja a favor de España todo se retorsión por esa extraña desconexión de varios jugadores españoles a la vez, los suecos no sufrieron ni 1 sola desconexión, aun así los pocos suecos que quedaron solo huyeron para salir de la batalla y esperarnos junto a sus amiguitos lo prusianos en la puerta de Mimbres. Un saludo y buenas noches.

10 hours ago, Distrilek said:

1zyjw29.jpg

Después de una sospechosa desconexión la cual será reportada, con una gran ventaja a favor de España todo se retorsión por esa extraña desconexión de varios jugadores españoles a la vez, los suecos no sufrieron ni 1 sola desconexión, aun así los pocos suecos que quedaron solo huyeron para salir de la batalla y esperarnos junto a sus amiguitos lo prusianos en la puerta de Mimbres. Un saludo y buenas noches.

The context of this battle:

Spain had to go to William's bay PB against Sweeds.

A nice Sweedish fleet went in OW to tagg the Spanish PB fleet outside of Mimbres, the battle was very strange in term of connection stability, in mid run of battle Spanish got a large crash that kept 6 or 7 players out of NA for a very good while... (Could Sweeds confirm they suffered connection problem too ? it looked it was only our side) some of us managed to re-enter the battle but other were kept into the "queuing to connection" screen. 

Despite of this crash, the battle was won by the PB fleet, on the other hand, William's Bay was secured.

GGA

23 hours ago, DesMoines said:

I know you leave the shallow Port Battle for coming for me... I was enjoy ;) Good try for try boarding french players...but may be too late :) 

Circles are a good thing. But GB use ever same formation... BLOB. We use much Guerilla mode ^^ it s work well against BLOB ;)  Good fight Toto..cu later

I wasn't at that pb but I know your guerilla mode is the useless tactic to use. You only postpone the inevitable outcome of you sinking. Lucky for me you only see a blob because that tells me a lot about how good you are. . I know the reason why we lost without even asking. 

2 hours ago, DesMoines said:

ho??? 2 PB......where all your ships stay on the 2 victory.... and you understand not why we win.... If we down sails of your victory (not shoot on the wasa...aga or others ships) we have only two ships to shoot for win.  Easy win for us. Thx to you

Easy win because of our failure not you skill. There is a difference.