Game-Labs Forum

White Peace - France-Denmark Trade Conflict ends

Teutonic

the Conflict between France and Denmark officially ended July 7 12:00 (EST). The terms of the offer in specific detail have been given to the proper clans and nations involved. To iterate the main points of the agreement will go as follows.

-- France and Denmark have immediately stopped all hostilities against each other. No hostile port battles and no OW PvP between France and Denmark.

-- Denmark cedes all claims on ports in the south. the following will be controlled by France:
Basse-Terre
Grande-Terre
Dominica
St. Lucie
Windward Islands

France considers the following ports Denmark and WILL NOT attack these ports:
Virgin Islands
San Juan
Ponce
Santo Domingo

France considers the following ports as Sweden and WILL NOT attack these ports:
Bovenwinds
Leeward Islands

-- After France gains their home regions, the French Clans stated in this agreement will not attack CCCP, and CCCP of Denmark will not attack the French clans.

-- Players within the clans that break the ceasefire must replace lost ships, additional penalties will come with additional incidents

-- Either nation wishing to terminate this agreement must give the opposing side 3 days notice (72 hours)

Additionally, the Following clans have agreed to uphold this agreement to the letter. Sworn with dignity and honor not to betray the agreement and if a Clan within this agreement betrays the offer all other parties have agreed to never work with that clan again.
WO
PURGE
ROVER
BORK
TCD
CCCP

All Parties involved have been notified and all parties involved agreed to this offer yesterday and it was double checked this morning. The clans within this agreement have all been notified that if they back down from this deal there will be no further negotiations henceforth. "Let god sort it out."

Further clarification on the regions - All nations within this agreement are allowed to take back said "home" regions at the earliest time they see fit.

French Clans within the Nation that are committed to this ceasefire are as follows: WO/PURGE/ROVER/BORK/BARRT/TCD

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 10

PURGE agrees to this in the name of finding enemies that we don't have to fight at 8 in the morning.

We (the French) put Road Town and San Juan into contention last night for a port battle tonight but by request of the other clans and in light of this deal being signed we will not be attending those port battles.

To be clear to other readers, this agreement is not an alliance. It is a Non-Aggression Pact between the Danes and the French clans.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

I want to congratulate all parties on (to my knowledge) the first major diplomatic achievement after the server-wipe. May stability bring great things to the Eastern region!

Excellent work gentlemen.

It's not the 'First' but I'll take it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Teutonic said:

France considers the following ports as Sweden and WILL NOT attack these ports:
Bovenwinds
Leeward Islands

Please READ this carefully ALL of you, including Danes. Just to avoid misunderstandings...

Sweden attacks the regions and flips them. Not Danes.

Thank you.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Please READ this carefully ALL of you, including Danes. Just to avoid misunderstandings...

Thank you.

Red Duke has a point.  If CCCP takes the Leewards or Bovenwinds, even if the intention is to just have Sweden take it back from them instead of France, it still acts like a forward staging base. The spirit of the agreement is better honored if the Swedes take those two counties themselves and it puts more separation between France and Danes which is probably good at the moment.  

"-- France and Denmark have immediately stopped all hostilities against each other. No hostile port battles and no OW PvP between France and Denmark"

"Further clarification on the regions - All nations within this agreement are allowed to take back said "home" regions at the earliest time they see fit."

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

It is a misunderstanding for sure.

Danes are about to flip it (93%). I'm not convinced this is a misunderstanding.  

We all know swedes will need a few days, or even a week to flip a region. This is all about temporary conquest marks farming and Danes want to deny us those CMs.

Any diplomatic talks going on?

Edited by Serk

1 hour ago, The Red Duke said:

Thank you.

The swedes agreed

Don't interfere in our diplomacy

thank you

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, chailang said:

The swedes agreed

thank you

Swedes turning around and giving "home" counties to Danes is not honorable to the spirit of the agreement. It shifts the balance of ports agreed upon.  This is no different than CCCP agreed to flip Bridgetown for CMs and then twisting it into early AM flip to control which players got the CMs.  You act dishonorably again sir.

Bach to Chialang understanding - in 12 yrs with The Purge i say  the term "Viking Raiders" describes the Purge well.  But I'm more a strategist gamer with Viking raider tendencies. So let me explain this in my terms.  Danes were <2 weeks from being perpetually one ported and we both know it. Danes also would have deserved it for what you did to other French players last year. We beat you on the sea. We figured out how to beat your off hours port flip tactic. Those last two ports (Road Town and San Juan) being flipped on your Saturday was no accident. We were about to prove a 25 man brawling PB fleet can smash your dual boxed line fighting fleet. We weren't just going to take your land we were going to take your reputation too.  That NAP at the top of this page isn't protecting France from Danes. It's protecting you from us. 

Act like a dishonorable horses butt at your own peril. And remember, I'm the nice one telling you this. Have a nice day ?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chailang said:

The swedes agreed

thank you

You must recognize you are creating bad relations with France.

If you attack Bovenwinds you are creating a situation where it is impossible for France to cooperate with Denmark or Pirates in future deals. Are you trustworthy or not? We will know depending on what you do with Bovenwinds. We consider this a violation of the spirit of our agreement and we will not make future agreements with people who act like this.

You should be focused on helping the Pirates, rather than angering France again to create yet another war.

4 minutes ago, Slamz said:

You must recognize you are creating bad relations with France.

If you attack Bovenwinds you are creating a situation where it is impossible for France to cooperate with Denmark or Pirates in future deals. Are you trustworthy or not? We will know depending on what you do with Bovenwinds. We consider this a violation of the spirit of our agreement and we will not make future agreements with people who act like this.

You should be focused on helping the Pirates, rather than angering France again to create yet another war.

I repeat, this is our diplomacy with Sweden 

If you have any complaints, please go to Duncan

1 minute ago, chailang said:

If you have any complaints, please go to Duncan

Thank you, I was not aware that @Duncan McFail was guildleader of CCCP. I will talk to him.

You are making it very difficult for France to ever assist Pirates in a war.

France will not help those who stab us in the back and hide behind a loophole. We are not lawyers who craft perfect treaties and no doubt you can find other loopholes. But there will be no more treaties if this is how things are going to be with CCCP and BLACK.

1 minute ago, chailang said:

If you are unhappy, please go to Duncan 

You just picked another fight. You guys have to be some of the biggest knuckleheads I have seen in gaming. 

1 hour ago, chailang said:

The swedes agreed

thank you

@chailang The agreement you signed stated that those counties would be swedish controlled. There is no provision to have a Danish buffer state in Sweden. Since there is no Sweden and Denmark is administering Sweden, this is your method to get around the terms of the agreement, and create a forward Danish base in the buffer state.

You and I both know this is unacceptable. The four or five swedish players that exist can take control of those territories, but Denmark cannot per the terms of the cease-fire.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Thank you, I was not aware that @Duncan McFail was guildleader of CCCP. I will talk to him.

You are making it very difficult for France to ever assist Pirates in a war.

France will not help those who stab us in the back and hide behind a loophole. We are not lawyers who craft perfect treaties and no doubt you can find other loopholes. But there will be no more treaties if this is how things are going to be with CCCP and BLACK.

Duncan is a middleman