Game-Labs Forum

Legendary CSA campaign

Col_Kelly

• 1 month later...

If you're willing to deal with manipulating scaling Antietam can definitely be worthwhile on Legendary. I was using veteran brigades with only 1100 men, rookie brigades with 1250, and 8 gun artillery units. I'm still outnumbered by about the same ratio as the other examples here but the AI units are much smaller and easier to deal with. If you can lure the AI into focusing on the fields in front of the church instead of flanking around to the northwest it makes the battle much more manageable. You can concentrate your artillery and get snipers and cavalry around the sides into the enemy artillery much easier.

image.thumb.png.657bb20acd44ef269e865824fa142f13.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for these!!!  Excellent thread.  I have been focused on playing with smaller unit sizes and didn't realize you could play this with such big brigades.  Trying it all over again as we speak.  Best of luck Col, and excellent videos!  Best I've found on this game by far.

One more thing I haven't seen mentioned on here and I've been doing this all along.  On the multiple day battles or even the battles like 2nd Bull Run and Fredricksburgh with the distraction mode.  I've tended to not build my full army until after those openings or on the 2nd day.  It seems like the enemy will have fewer men if you do it this way from my experience.  A good way to thwart the scaling some.  I have a ton of hours but only been playing since the final release.  I never heard of this game when it was still beta.  One of the most addictive games I've played in my life.