Game-Labs Forum

Legendary CSA campaign

Col_Kelly

Thanks. I try to avoid mass skirmishing since it can become very micro-heavy. I don't have the best reflexes and I found that I fare better when I can focus my attention on one theater.

I also find that it can be a bit a-historical. I don't blame others for doing so but I personally prefer to stick to tactics that resemble the ones that were used back in those days.

16 hours ago, Captain Hutch said:

Great work as always! I'm struggling on MG, can't imagine legendary yet.

Started my first MG CSA campaign and was breezing thru until Antietam. 46K vs 112K. Eventually the Federal numbers crushed me.

Thanks CK, I did post these over on Youtube but will do so here too;

Please show your Army Management phase after/before the next battle so we can see this skill demonstrated ongoing and in a dynamic sense as one progresses through the campaign.

Show and summarize the opening placement and initial strategy at the very start of your battle vids.

Finally, would really like a video discussing Reputation.... when and how to use it. I just can't seem to wrap my arms around this enough to feel that I am using (or not using) it to it's maximum benefit.

Pt. 14 where we fight the first half of Fredericksburg

PS : @civsully1 My fear is that doing so for every video will take too much time (both in editing and uploading) and will also be boring for a majority of viewers (in my experience most don't watch the army camp phase). There wouldn't be anything to learn anyway : I'm literally doing what I showed in the tutorial every time.

On 7/24/2017 at 6:18 PM, Col_Kelly said:

Retreated from it. The AI had 144.000 men vs my 60.000 and that's impossible to defeat without exploits.

Is there any way you can think of CK that would allow more men available heading into this battle?

@Major Grigg

You only need two Vps in order to win Fredericksburg, doesn't matter which.

@civsully1

You mean is it possible to have more men as CSA ? I assume it is but then the AI will scale up even more so it will create an even bigger disadvantage. It's easier to fight an AI that has 'only' 40k more men fx than an AI that has 80/90k more men than you.

Everetsville is up : in this one we try to surround the entire Union army.

Personally, i am very disappointed in this video series. My real problem is there is absolutely no attempt to make the text beneath the video image reflect a French accent. 

Please, in future, when referring to a 'Brigade Charge routing the enemy', use this format: 

"Zis brigade weehl charge la enemy mak zem run awai lik lit-téll girls"

Please. 

Thank you. 

;)

PS, Great Job

• Like 4

On 7/27/2017 at 3:31 PM, Col_Kelly said:

I make mistakes all the time :) I'm no God of War, just a guy whose been reading about military history and played the game a lot.

Plus, it never hurts to control the video editor. Always more fun to highlight your best moments and downplay your weaknesses. 

Maybe you should add a soundtrack like Christopher Nolan did in Dunkirk that is SO LOUD it greatly emphasizes each twitch of a person's muscles so profoundly that it twists the anxiety knob up to 11?

6 hours ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

Personally, i am very disappointed in this video series. My real problem is there is absolutely no attempt to make the text beneath the video image reflect a French accent. 

Please, in future, when referring to a 'Brigade Charge routing the enemy', use this format: 

"Zis brigade weehl charge la enemy mak zem run awai lik lit-téll girls"

Please. 

Thank you. 

;)

PS, Great Job

I think something on the order of an Inspector Clouseau sort of accent with plenty of nasal twang should do it just fine!  ;)

• Like 2