Game-Labs Forum

Development Roadmap for the next 3-5 months

1. Get rid of "Victory Marks" for ships and convert to "Victory Marks" for mods. To much advantage to the large nations that win often.

2. Ships need to be cheaper to build if they are only one dura. No one wants to risk their ships anymore. Another option would be to have the multi-dura ships again but with a 24 hour cooldown after being sunk. Ship lasts longer making players more comfortable with risk, yet gives real consequences for a loss on a day to day cycle.

3. Need to tweak some ships and mods. Bellonas shouldn't be able to hit cap as I have heard they can.

• Like 1

Here are my most critical suggestions, not necessarily in any order of preference:

1) Have our fleet ship escape AWAY from enemy ships.  I am sick and tired of ordering my fleet ships to escape and then seeing them sail TOWARD the enemy.  I have lost several ships because of this, and again, I am sick of it.

2) Put a stop to retreating traders running aground and then just circling/spinning in the same place.  Have them parallel the shoreline instead.

3) Stop reacting to the crybabies who whine the most when the game is realistically difficult.  Take for example the way shore batteries are now effectively worthless.  An enemy squadron should fear getting in range of shore batteries. An enemy squadron should FEAR entering a hostile port and getting in range of multiple forts and towers.  But instead friendly shore batteries are little more than an annoyance to enemy ships.  If we can run into our own friendly harbors to find safety under the protection of the shore batteries then the shore batteries are functionally worthless.  If the shore batteries are going to be nothing more than an irritating decoration remove them from the game because now they are pretty much useless and thus pointless.  And no, I am NOT talking about port battles.  Running under the cover and protection of shore batteries in friendly waters is a legitimate and realistic tactic.  Neutralizing that legitimate tactic just because a bunch of crybabies whine about how effective shore batteries SOMETIMES make it hard to kill a helpless victim (i.e. someone who is outnumbered and/or outgunned) is just flat out dumb.  Friendly waters under the protection of shore batteries should be safe from anything other than a fleet of line ships.

4) DREDGE THE FRIGGIN HARBORS! ! !  Entering a harbor should NOT be as difficult as it is.  So, get rid of the damn shallows that block most of the entrance into deep water ports.  Sometimes it can take several minutes to find that sweet spot of the only way to enter a port without running aground.  If you can't dredge the harbors so they are much easier to enter quickly from many approaching headings then place buoys to mark the shallows so we can always know exactly how we have to enter any port without running aground.

5) These ships had longboats.  So, once the battle ends we should be able to salvage cargo from kills as long as we are within three ship lengths of a kill.  Or, after a battle ends just make the salvage circle a standard 200 yards/meters in diameter.  There is no reason for salvaging cargo from kills to still be sometimes so difficult after the battle ends.

• Like 1

Please return the send deliveri in free towns or another system

I think buy 3 keys of the game but if the deliveri is not, I am not buy another keys for this game

In steam sales con December 2017

The game have a sale? For buy another key, for earn more gold with trading or is more easy crafting the ships

With more mines to extract the resources :-)

Spanish player

8 hours ago, ViKaT said:

I think buy 3 keys of the game but if the deliveri is not, I am not buy another keys for this game

In steam sales con December 2017

The game have a sale? For buy another key, for earn more gold with trading or is more easy crafting the ships

With more mines to extract the resources :-)

Spanish player

Have you, maybe, considerd to buy enough key's so you can start a whole clan?  

Maybe steam can throw in a bulk discount if you buy like a whole bunch of them? 

Besides that i'm looking forward for the upcoming changes especially the update to unity 5. I've been away for a while and now that i have time, i'm back on naval action again.  

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck

Most of your post are from PVP players!! . Here is one from PVE side .   1. More CB marks per battle comparable to PVP and XP .  2 more goods and brops in free ports and teleport to and from free ports or were your bases are!! . 3 more pirate port around the map to run ops out of .      AND A WISH. Add the Panama canal to enlarge the map and port to what's all thats ready there .

Edited by Captain corn blower
  • Like 2

DEVs most of the PVEers are older players and like the controlled PVE invierment of it . and yes there are a lot of younger players to , but it's for the same reason and not the ganking PVP side. WE Deserve the same perk and points .We paid the same money as they did and expect the same pay and perks scale . you offered 2 versions of the game and this is the one we play there should be no differents in scale .

Edited by Captain corn blower
  • Like 3

dear developers

please remove (asap) the 15 knots that every ship, doesnt matter how small or big it is, can reach now. - not realy realistic

please limit the repair of ship and Crew to a one time Action. it cant be that you can repair as Long you have enough repair kits with you. - not realy realistic

please remove the free ports and or limit it to Traders only

please limit the amount of  balls and chain shot a ship can have

• Like 1

Storms and rocky shores (with damage) would be a huge improvement to the game.   I'd venture to guess that though out history  there were many more ships lost to the elements than were sunk by cannon balls.

We have proposed lots of ideas.  Storms that pull you into an instance.  Designating storm areas on the map that could be avoided by storm haters.  But alas I think the devs have decided  that they are not able to implement storms.

KuZb0VU.jpg?1

• Like 2

On 22/7/2017 at 5:16 PM, Jacob van Heemskerck said:

Have you, maybe, considerd to buy enough key's so you can start a whole clan?  

Maybe steam can throw in a bulk discount if you buy like a whole bunch of them? 

Besides that i'm looking forward for the upcoming changes especially the update to unity 5. I've been away for a while and now that i have time, i'm back on naval action again.  

Did you if you bought all the keys of your clan?

I say that if the devs they  can, they return the shipments of resources by deliveri, then if it compensates to have several accounts of the game.

There would be more crafters players, with what would be more ships of first sailing, for example our best ship Sta Trinidad :-)

Firstly, I'm new to the game and I'm loving it!  I'm definitely a PvE player though, so glad this game has a good balance between PvP and PvE.  I don't think I'd stick around if I was forced to PvP.  Just not my jam.  I love tall ships and the era. :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cdlord said:

Firstly, I'm new to the game and I'm loving it!  I'm definitely a PvE player though, so glad this game has a good balance between PvP and PvE.  I don't think I'd stick around if I was forced to PvP.  Just not my jam.  I love tall ships and the era. :)

well if you are not an alcoholic .....you will become one...:ph34r:

so dont say, we didn t warn you...

ps. just stay away from drugs :) or just sell it

Edited by Thonys

please please remove this silly AI fleets. it's ok to have sometimes two ships sailing together but no one needs 3x vic 3x buc 3x bellona 3x consti AI fleets. They're plainly useless ...

• Like 2

Hi.

I am new to this game and I would just like to say how brilliant it is. I am totally hooked and am spending too much time on it!!

One small detail, is there any chance that we could see gun ports closed in the open world and open (as they are now) in battle?

J.

Edited by Eskimo John
  • Like 3

On 7/26/2017 at 10:23 PM, ViKaT said:

Did you if you bought all the keys of your clan?

I say that if the devs they  can, they return the shipments of resources by deliveri, then if it compensates to have several accounts of the game.

There would be more crafters players, with what would be more ships of first sailing, for example our best ship Sta Trinidad :-)

No, of course i didn't buy all the key's of my clan, i own just one, As it is intended to be.

I just see it this way,

and i'm going to use a simple board game reference here called monopoly (everyone knows monopoly)

How would you experience a game of monopoly with friends or family or both, if 1 or more are cheating, exploiting to get an advantage in order to win the game more easily or have more fun? 

it ruins it for everyone except the exploiter(s) or cheater(s).

What i see happening here with naval action is that some players are using a legal exploit by buying multiple accounts for their own use, in order to make it themselves easier to craft, trade and to the end build bigger fleets with better vessels, to conquer Attacking/defending fleets and ports with valuable resources. 

Now i said legal exploit, because nobody is going to forbid people to buy the game, that is just impossible! but it's none the less an exploit, it's giving that player an unfair advantage on other players who just bought the game to play it like it is intended to play it.

and on top off that, the developers as i can see it, are working hard trying to balance/prevent:

• fast bulk building of ships especially SOL's
  • earn loads of gold in a short amount of time
  • unbalanced trading
  • steamrolling the capturing of ports
  • unbalanced nations (imagine that a nation is 3/10 populated with alternative accounts) 

and promote:

• playing as team, clan
  • fair & balanced gameplay in general 

And with buying multiple accounts for your own use, you just throw that hard work completely overboard and set sail on your own ''balanced'' course. A waste of the developers time if you ask me? But there is one upside to this and that is that Game-Labs have more income. and that going to benefit us all.  

The most gamers scream murder and fire when it comes down to the ''pay to win'' style of game development, and that is just what this basically is, or more like ''pay to get an advantage''

i would like to see that multiple accounts will become obsolete in future patches, but it will be sure that it comes with cost of other great features.  

But you are free to do what you do, if you play by the book, this is just mine opinion about the matter. 

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck
  • Like 1

On the PVE side:

The latest hotfix seems to have increased the number of AI fleets. The addition of the Aggy to them has been greatly appreciated. 

There needs to be rewards given for capping a ship, I can see not giving gold but there should at least be Combat Marks given for the time investment even if it is a reduced number.

The economy needs a work over, NPC ports are not producing enough goods and are being swept up by a small handful of players. Those of us that are only able to get on later in the day are not able to make as much trading as those that are able to get on earlier and closer to server maintenance.  I feel like there should be two economic cycles per day so everyone gets a fair shake.

On the PVP side:

New players need more help, not just in OW. They need help with learning how the game works. I've seen a lot of games that have mandatory tutorials that must be completed before you can play the full game. Maybe if there was a small sandbox that new players could be dropped into that shows them how everything works, that would help them have a better understanding of the game. If it were mandatory it would also reduce the number of alts since players would have to sit through the tutorial to get into the OW. Just a thought.

I'm not a fan of the 100% hostility from war supplies. I think conquest should be a slow burn with nations slogging it out in smaller battles before having to lay siege to a port. I feel like there should be some downsides to captured cities, something like unrest or some sort of overturn feature for the defending nation. 

Same thing with the economy as the PVE server. I also think the Victory Mark system should be shelved until RVR has a better balance to it. 

5 hours ago, Jacob van Heemskerck said:

and i'm going to use a simple board game reference here called monopoly (everyone knows monopoly)

How would you experience a game of monopoly with friends or family or both, if 1 or more are cheating, exploiting to get an advantage in order to win the game more easily or have more fun?   it ruins it for everyone except the exploiter(s) or cheater(s)  

I'm not sure if you fully realize the significance of cheating at monopoly and how it impacts the enjoyment. 

1. Players may not loan money to other players. Only the Bank can loan money, and then only by mortgaging properties.
  2. Players do not collect anything (no prize, money, etc) for landing on Free Parking.  Is is simply a resting place.

I played the game for years using this cheats (or these variations of the official rules).  When I finally played by the official rules Monopoly became a very different but much improved game.  Before you think "That's wrong.  Those rule variants (1. and 2. above) are great."  try playing the game with the official rules.  It is a fantastic game when played properly.

1. Re-balance Player-Base Power and historical position of the nations-map making Spanish ports more difficult to conquer.
2. Introduces more crew on board standing or moving. Introduces differents Flags.OW as well.
3. Increases the number of lives of smallest ships up to two lives.And return to capture ships.
4. Diplomacy and alliances return to a old system,but with at least two neutral nations.
5. Declaration of war and peace and solving agree with economic conditions.
6. Improve trade, now it is impossible to progress, but maintain limited access to 1st rates.
7. Second and first rates should be a nation ships, not players owners. 
And they would change the captains command by rank and pre-established time to time. 
(admiralty salary and ships system adjudication). So different players rule the same ships.

Edited by Marques