Game-Labs Forum

Development Roadmap for the next 3-5 months

13 hours ago, SquidTorgar said:
  • Either replace Conquest marks with another system (Hours seems a good substitute) or allow players raising hostility to earn Conquest marks if it results in a successful port battle
  • Make mods that increase speed reduce mast HP and/or mast thickness
  • Do not allow players to enter PVP missions (This is to stop noobs being ganked whilst doing PVE) but increase the distance the missions spawn from the port in relation to the rank of the mission. Higher the rank, the further the mission. This allows people to be attacked in the open world whilst in transit and fills the sea with potential targets
  • Increase the invisibility timer after battle to 60 seconds

There you go.  Simple solution.   For example.    Cartagena Port Battle.  I had well over 1200 earned hostility points defending yet I was not allowed in port battle due to not having a 1st rate since I don't have conquest marks.  Well....  That is a Catch 22 .  Why should someone in a clan who has not earned hostility be able to join and get 3 conquest marks per day .     Vice versa works too.    So.  conquest marks given out as a percentage to all whom participated and earned.   

Also like the 60 second invisibility.

• Like 2

>when a player has no hostility raised then there must be no PB for that player(for defenders they must have a port there as well)

> More speed difference between ships! (in battle  a good speed fitted huge ship goes faster than a surprise, what is ridiculous) [difference between a  leopard and a bulk carrier RHEA is 17 auw [[1 hours difference from Jita to rens]]

> more than 3 upgrades  (build in before sailing from the builders dockyard what can be fitted in a ship,..( (we had a [[not  perfect,, but idea was good]]system like that but it was abandoned) ) 3 , is not enough (based on rank) make ships elite as well (and very very expensive)

> more different kind of cannons (not only iron, bit bronze as well,  rifled guns , and swiffle guns)

greetings and o7

Edit: oeps sorry this is newer features and not critical ones sorry for that 

Edited by Thonys

Allow players raising (or lowering) hostility to earn Conquest marks if it results in a successful attack (or defense) in a port battle.

I higly support this. It would solve a lot of problems. Moreover since the system already calculates the attack and defense points for each player, it should be quite easy finding an algorithm to grant marks in proportions to the kind of port battle and to the attack/defense point for each player.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

There you go.  Simple solution.   For example.    Cartagena Port Battle.  I had well over 1200 earned hostility points defending yet I was not allowed in port battle due to not having a 1st rate since I don't have conquest marks.  Well....  That is a Catch 22 .  Why should someone in a clan who has not earned hostility be able to join and get 3 conquest marks per day .     Vice versa works too.    So.  conquest marks given out as a percentage to all whom participated and earned.   

Also like the 60 second invisibility.

Going off topic here, but

1. no one can stop you entering a port battle if you've earned the hostility

2. we were asking people not in 4th rates or above not to enter as we did not know if the Spanish were going to show up, and if half the pb fleet were in indi's we would lose the battle,  and gb (as a nation) desperately needed those x3 conquest marks. 

one contradicts the other but that's what happened and will probably continue to happen as conquest marks are so important atm.

I don't know for sure, I know we have waited 2 mins in the past so we all exit the port and get in together.  No done a port defence since wipe but our clan has had us getting defensive points in key areas, so they must think you do. 

1) Pirates are not a nation, they are just pirates. No ports, no territories, just dens, maybe secret or uncharted islands with facilities for storage and repairs, raids, reputation, grand scale larceny, looting and ship destruction. Maybe I forget something, feel free to add.

2) Pirates did (and still do) not sail big ships. Mostly snows, schloops, the occasional man of war. They did not gather in big clans or groups capable of facing large scale naval forces, not to speak of taking ports for long.

3) Only sails in sight at the beginning of action (namely, tagging) can enter battles.

Edited by Red Dragon 13

I only started playing this game after the wipe, so here's an input from a beginner:

- Freetown Teleports: I just started to adjust my playing strategy to them when were taken out of the game. I think they would be a really great way to populate the Caribbean more and find pvp fights better. I have played over 100h+ now and I haven't had one decent pvp fight yet, not counting those 1-2 times when I was seriously overpowered (my traders brig vs 4 surprises). Finding pvp fights with anything lower than a Surprise seems really hard right now. You could adjust the penalty for teleporting (one week), at least make them possible. And for formality I would simply call them 'Travel'.

- Conquest Marks: Well, I just spent about 40$ on a game and there is a lot of content in it, that I will probably never access, unless I am willing to soldier for a clan. This is a real downer, I want to have the entire game at my disposal for this sum of money. Make the costs very high or make me have to gather a lot of resources, but let me access those ships other than by having to collect those conquest marks.

- Put more loot in those cargo ships. I recently killed a Gros Ventre and it had 30 Salt in it. I think no shipowner would let a big trade ship like this go out of the harbor empty.

Overall I really like this game! Instead of saying what I have problem with, I'll go forth and say with what I don't have a problem with. Capturing ships from NPC for example. I think the ships that crafters produce really need to have a value and gathering ships from NPC would be too easy. This I understand and I actually don't have a problem with (some loot would be nice though).

1. Add availability to see the Wind Indicator while in port (myself and others have requested this feature many times before).

2. Ease up a little on the grind in the areas where it is the harshest - you've had plenty of player feedback regarding which areas to consider.

3. Revenge ganking - lots of great ideas have been submitted from long time players. But please, no teleport to Free Town.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Captiva said:

1. Add availability to see the Wind Indicator while in port (myself and others have requested this feature many times before).

2. Ease up a little on the grind in the areas where it is the harshest - you've had plenty of player feedback regarding which areas to consider.

3. Revenge ganking - lots of great ideas have been submitted from long time players. But please, no teleport to Free Town.

Fully agree. Plus:

•  
  • Red Dragon 13
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 2 hours ago (edited) · Hidden

1) Pirates are not a nation, they are just pirates. No ports, no territories, just dens, maybe secret or uncharted islands with facilities for storage and repairs, raids, reputation, grand scale larceny, looting and ship destruction. Maybe I forget something, feel free to add.

2) Pirates did (and still do) not sail big ships. Mostly snows, schloops, the occasional man of war. They did not gather in big clans or groups capable of facing large scale naval forces, not to speak of taking ports for long.

3) Only sails in sight at the beginning of action (namely, tagging) can enter battles.

Edited 2 hours ago by Red Dragon 13

Red Dragon 13

• Landsmen
  • Red Dragon 13
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 1 hour ago (edited) · Hidden

Will some moderator please take a look at my post. After more than 1 hour, it is still hidden.

Edited 1 hour ago by Red Dragon 13

My suggestions:

Eliminate Conquest Marks.  Smaller nations will get steamrolled under current system.

Building should provide mats much cheaper than shop.  You can find most mats cheaper than making them and can use labor for other things.

Return flags.  The Flag system promoted screening and PVP.

probably not possible but allow Port Battles at city level not County.  Port battles are fun and should be increased.

- Balancing of rewards for both PvE & PvP. It makes NO sense that you do not get anything for lost battles, even when fighting against overmatched opponents. Admiralty might not provide you with gold for a lost battle, but at least you as a captian should have learned a lesson (= given xp). From a PvP point of view, the current system involves more risk than rewards, as the loser literally loses everything and gets nothing however he has fought. 

- Fix the stupid boarding mechanics - Really, a system with some buttons where what matters is who presses what button when a timer reaches 1? Some argues that boarding is mostly won or lost before the grapping, (and I mostly agree), but then just skip the whole button-clicking thing. I would actually preffer a general stance (chosen as 1 of 3 as the ships are pulling in), and then the rest gets automatically slugged out based on factors such as stances, numbers & upgrades. Also why does the defender just accept getting grapped wihtout any sort of attempt at cutting the grappleing hooks? 

- Fix the speed / turn / damage relations for ships and upgrades. As discussed many times, speed mostly win the day, and agility of certains ships (ie Surprise, Reno etc.) easily wins the day against larger frigates - speed and agility wins anytime, (with a good captain) partly because of skill, but also because a capatin can happily eat a couple of broadsides from  larger ships in order to get in position and start stern-camping. I think that the damage difference between smaller and larger cannons are simply too small, a Surprise should be terrified at receiving even a single broadside from 18pd'ers.

• Like 1

For PBs, I would like to see a  a max BR limit based on the level of PB.

This will force defenders and attackers to carefully choose the mix and match of boats they bring to battle and enforce some variety.

Finished the 4th rate PB with 25vs25 Agamennons!  You could come with 17 Agas and that's all or choose 9 Agas, 5 Constis, 10 Frigates and 1 mortar brig as example (I did no BR calculation here but this is the idea ;) ).

This would require a PB master that controls the roster and defines what enters. The who will still be decided on earned hostility points. The PB attack master is the captain that has earned the highest hostility rank when aggression reaches 100% and PB is set. 

The PB defend master is the same but on defense % earned. 

Just add the possibility for that person to nominate a substitute if they don't feel they are the right person and bingo!

• Like 2

I wanted to add one more request.

Lower the amount of points needed to reset officer perks by at least half: 50 to 25. Maybe even eliminate having to grind up again once you reach 50 or 100 for the first time.

This hurts all players, but mostly the new player. 

Example: Player has to help move ships to a new outpost, so he needs 2 fleet slots. He has to reset officer perks to gain the added slots. Once that single move is made, the player is locked out of his previous officer perk selections for too long of a time, putting him at a needless disadvantage until he once again reaches the current reset requirements. With ships now being 1 dura, a player should not be forced into this dilemma.

To me, this falls into the repetitive needless grind category.

Edited by Captiva
wording
  • Like 3

For the point of view of a newbe and solo player.

I want to make PvP but the probability of loss my vessel is 90%, too many veterans with very well crafted boats out there.. 

1) So please, give some reward to the losser of a PvP, based on the damage caused.

2) Do not allow gank. The difference of BR between players has to have a limit, and the revenge float has to have a very difficult task.

3) PvP vessels have to be cheaper. I have to spend 1 week of play time to buy a Surprise and cannons plus repairs... I am not willing to risk all this time in 20 minutes of unbalanced battle

• Like 1

1) fix eco

Craft too heavy making people not using ships in pvp because afraid to loose them. Mark of conquest are not bad but not fixing rvr problem. It s just delaying problem. Someday the bigger nation will use his super alpha fleet and noone will be able to face it. Mark of conquest or not. Noone go in pb with half a fleet of first rate. The only way to have mix pb is to force it

2) fix reward

I've made too many battle with no reward as result.

Few day ago j fight 1v6 and I damage badly many sails . After the gank I lost my ship. I didn't get any reward for that. Reward are supposed to cover the price of the loose.

Having no reward is extremely bad for moral

3) fix rvr

Rvr is crappy. There is no more rvr. All nation are farming as pig to have 5 slots on first rate. The day it s achieve 2-3pb will happen untill one nation can't face the 1 th rate zerg. Add diversity, add raids, add again flag with a system to limit the abuse (1m dB per flag for example)

4) limiting ship knowledge.

There is no way to face a pb fleet of 5 ship knowledge fleet if you just have 2 ship knowledge. The bonus should be limit to 3 and really decreased

• Like 1

. build in ship knowledge in the build, if not choosing that option,/  then you  can also grind for it (unlock slots)

. attach upgrades, ship knowledge, and perks slots to rank  (the extra officer stuff)atm rank is only crew based, what does not do anything for the character itself (important person in the admiralty)

.more extra slots for upgrades (standard 3),>>  but upgradable to 6  (make them elite >>and very very  expensive[ +3 mil per slot for the bigger ships] )(only  in the build){{Tech3 equivelent}}

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, Obliterati said:

You get killed using the tactics you yourself use. then cry about quitting... AAA+ would cry again. 

This games players are leaving for good. It's not about playing it wrong, playing it bad or playing it faulty. It's about being too bored and simply quit. Uninstalling the game. Where does this leave the rest of you that still wait for "the next patch"?

I'm done waiting. Nothing happens. Thegame IS boring. And more so now than ever before.

Quit idea of RvR and aim for the single players who like pvp. Then RvR will automatically occur. The other way around does not work.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, fox2run said:

This games players are leaving for good. It's not about playing it wrong, playing it bad or playing it faulty. It's about being too bored and simply quit. Uninstalling the game. Where does this leave the rest of you that still wait for "the next patch"?

I'm done waiting. Nothing happens. Thegame IS boring. And more so now than ever before.

Quit idea of RvR and aim for the single players who like pvp. Then RvR will automatically occur. The other way around does not work.

Game shot up 138% in June and 84% in May. The last 30 days had a 7% decline in activity. Not exactly death throws yet..june 2016 was the last time we had a player base this size. After that it drops off sharply. 

I joined this game in january 2016 , it was a great game .

Now i think i should leave this stupid world  , the game is now  a nonsense.

all the day sailling for trade or for special event with an empty box , trying to have a great ship , but  lost in such a F.... PVE fleet.

I don(t like what you have done with this game

so .................

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1