Even Chance:

The Examination:

The Dutchess and the Devil:

The Frogs and the Lobsters:

Mutiny:

Retribution:

Loyalty:

Duty:

I own the series, and though this is not my channel, I'd wager this would be a welcomed diversion for most.

Enjoy.

• Like 5

I bought the series as soon as it was readily available. There was talk at one point of making a film on the Hornblower series but alas I believe it fell through; so one still has to watch the Gregory Peck films! I still find myself switching back and watching the series. The books are great fun and the series is too. Robert Lindsey is great in it, however if you read the book "Commander, The Life and Exploits of Britain's Greatest Frigate Captain" you see that the Hornblower series paints a very different picture of Lord Exmouth (Edward Pellew) than what he was. I would recommend the read to anyone as he was an intriguing figure.

Hello, my first post, but anyway .... i hope not the last :)

I thought and wished the series would and could be continued, but now its surely to long ago since the last episode. Nevertheless would be great if we could see the now about '10 years older' Hornblower.... in new films.

I don't think that it is too long from the last episode to start the series up again. Take the Sharpe series for example. They did a few episodes long after the series; was it "Sharpes Challenge" that was set in India? I cannot quite remember. I would always be in favour on seeing the series make its way back onto the television.

Iaon Griffud has a new show that I really enjoy. Maybe if we all write him and tell him to do a Captain Hornblower film during the hiatus. He's the perfect age to play HH in command of the Lydia. Ohh, lets have fun and cast it. My first offer...Batista for Brown.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed that it was better than Sharpe.  The Hornblower series is very impressive indeed.  The use of models is very effective and the limitations of the budget and lack of CGI actually works in the favour of the series because the production team concentrate more on the drama than on the swooping, aerial shots that are currently the fashion but which distract from the story.  The use of locations is very well done too.

I am not altogether satisfied with the lead actor though, he is OK but he isn't very good.  It is a pity that Paul McGann wasn't a bit younger as he would have been great, indeed his presence as Mr Bush is always welcome.

I wish that they had filmed a series later in Hornblower's career, and I still hope for one.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd share this with everyone. While I appreciate the youtuber hanano miri for uploading the Hornblower series. I must give kudos to Shu WB as well, as he has also uploaded the hornblower series and in much higher quality. Also in hanano's upload of episode 4, he turns on some strange auto focus thing which makes episode 4 of the series an absolute horror to watch. So without further ado, here is the link to Shu WB's Hornblower playlist. Enjoy  :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQWnME-bgtLzy7qIf3bp2S7ZjSBM0K4C0

• Like 1

• 1 month later...